Turkish president announces that their war planes have begun bombing in Syria

I have to agree with others with regard to our allies.

After this, it is very likely the US will never again have an ally that they can trust because anyone who would be a good ally will know that at our earliest opportunity, we will throw them under the bus and not care if their troops are killed as a result of our action.
Oh yeah, great allies. Like the ones who shoot our soldiers in the head? How many young Americans must die? How long?
So, you know with certainty that future allies will be shooting our soldiers in the head?

I have seen no credible proof that the Kurds, who have lost 11k people as our ally against ISIS, have been shooting our soldiers in the head.

After this, it is very likely the US will never again have an ally that they can trust because anyone who would be a good ally will know that at our earliest opportunity, we will throw them under the bus and not care if their troops are killed as a result of our action.
Oh yeah, great allies. Like the ones who shoot our soldiers in the head? How many young Americans must die? How long?
So, you know with certainty that future allies will be shooting our soldiers in the head?

I have seen no credible proof that the Kurds, who have lost 11k people as our ally against ISIS, have been shooting our soldiers in the head.
So how long?

Democrats are assholes. They won’t protect the USA but we must spend our money protecting the Kurds til the end of times!
They did fight isis for us. This is how we treat allies? I don’t think we should need troops there. Diplomacy is what we needed.
You didn’t answer my question. How long?
We should be able to influence turkey not to do this. Where is the great negotiator?
Since Trump seems to be good at pulling the NATO string, he should go to NATO and make a case for tossing Turkey out of NATO should they invade and kill civilians.

Democrats are assholes. They won’t protect the USA but we must spend our money protecting the Kurds til the end of times!
They did fight isis for us. This is how we treat allies? I don’t think we should need troops there. Diplomacy is what we needed.
We should be able to influence turkey not to do this. Where is the great negotiator?
Since Trump seems to be good at pulling the NATO string, he should go to NATO and make a case for tossing Turkey out of NATO should they invade and kill civilians.
How long?

So how long?
We should have proper diplomacy. Not leave our allies for dead. Will this lead to the return of isis?

So how long?
Just long enough to secure security for our allies through diplomacy. Not a day, not an hour longer.

The same for every other region we are embroiled in. Secure their safety before our withdraw, and then withdraw everyone along with all of our equipment.

I would think we have a lot of ways to influence them. If we had someone who could negotiate....

I would think we have a lot of ways to influence them. If we had someone who could negotiate....
We do. Trump holds huge influence over NATO and they would be less likely to see us go than see Turkey go. That is the fulcrum to ensuring that our allies are secured.

This is not to say that they will be safe forever. It is an unstable region of the world and what happens to them years after our withdraw is their problem, not ours.

We cannot be there forever, like we have been in Germany and Korea.

So how long?
Just long enough to secure security for our allies through diplomacy. Not a day, not an hour longer.

The same for every other region we are embroiled in. Secure their safety before our withdraw, and then withdraw everyone along with all of our equipment.
How would you secure their safety? Knowing they have fought each other for centuries, how would you get them to hold hands and sing kumbya?

So how long?

How would you secure their safety? Knowing they have fought each other for centuries, how would you get them to hold hands and sing Kim ya?
This is an unreasoned response on your part. They do not need to be friends or even like each other. They would just need to leave each other alone.

twin-towers-istanbul.jpg

So how long?

How would you secure their safety? Knowing they have fought each other for centuries, how would you get them to hold hands and sing Kim ya?
This is an unreasoned response on your part. They do not need to be friends or even like each other. They would just need to leave each other alone.

Wishful thinking.

Evidently that is how we treat allies...dumbass.
Obama Betrays the Kurds | National Review
Your article is suggesting we should have sent in full ground troops. Clearly that wasn’t needed.

Your article is suggesting we should have sent in full ground troops. Clearly that wasn’t needed.

No, the article makes it quite clear liberals are a bunch of fucking hypocrites.

Obama just changed America's policy in Syria and it could have serious consequences for relations with Turkey

US President Barack Obama has waived prohibitions in the US Arms Export Control Act, which will allow the country to arm groups that are currently fighting in Syria’s civil war.

The waived sections of the law will allow the US to provide “defence articles and services” to forces within Syria allied to the US, the White House said on Thursday, a decision which is “essential to national-security interests”.

It is believed that the move will allow President Obama to arm the mainly Kurdish coalition fighters of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), who are currently gearing up to retake the northern city of Raqqa from Isis.

[snip]

The decision, however, is likely to further inflame US relations with Turkey, which views the Kurdish forces fighting against Isis as terrorists.

Donald Trump Makes Up To $1 Million Per Year From Trump Towers Istanbul, Documents Reveal

In 2012, Donald Trump opened a twin tower structure in Turkey under the brand name Trump Towers Istanbul. The buildings were constructed and remain owned by a Turkish company, but Trump licensed his name to the project and continues to derive significant revenue from fees for the use if his name. In fact, according to Trump’s most recent financial disclosure filings, Trump earns somewhere between $100,001 and $1 million in licensing fees from Trump Towers Istanbul.

Obama just changed America's policy in Syria and it could have serious consequences for relations with Turkey

US President Barack Obama has waived prohibitions in the US Arms Export Control Act, which will allow the country to arm groups that are currently fighting in Syria’s civil war.

The waived sections of the law will allow the US to provide “defence articles and services” to forces within Syria allied to the US, the White House said on Thursday, a decision which is “essential to national-security interests”.

It is believed that the move will allow President Obama to arm the mainly Kurdish coalition fighters of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), who are currently gearing up to retake the northern city of Raqqa from Isis.

[snip]

The decision, however, is likely to further inflame US relations with Turkey, which views the Kurdish forces fighting against Isis as terrorists.

Yep, it only took Obama 3 years to try and fix his screw up.

No, the article makes it quite clear liberals are a bunch of fucking hypocrites.
No it says we betrayed them by not sending in ground troops. Clearly that wasn’t needed. You link is a joke. Try again.

Forum List

Back