Turkish president announces that their war planes have begun bombing in Syria

So, you know with certainty that future allies will be shooting our soldiers in the head?

I have seen no credible proof that the Kurds, who have lost 11k people as our ally against ISIS, have been shooting our soldiers in the head.
So how long?
Just long enough to secure security for our allies through diplomacy. Not a day, not an hour longer.

The same for every other region we are embroiled in. Secure their safety before our withdraw, and then withdraw everyone along with all of our equipment.
How would you secure their safety? Knowing they have fought each other for centuries, how would you get them to hold hands and sing Kim ya?
This is an unreasoned response on your part. They do not need to be friends or even like each other. They would just need to leave each other alone.

Wishful thinking.
Only if one is unwilling to put forth the effort.

Trump's special envoy on ISIS nails it:

mcgurk-syria.jpg

The EU is now warning Turkey. This may be exactly what Trump was looking for. The end of passive so-called partners actually close to the region.

It's as if Trump sat down and pondered, "Gee, I wonder how I can alienate the Republican Senators while I am under the shadow of impeachment..."

It's as if Trump sat down and pondered, "Gee, I wonder how I can alienate the Republican Senators while I am under the shadow of impeachment..."
There's nothing he can do that would do that. Yuuge win for Putin.

Just long enough to secure security for our allies through diplomacy. Not a day, not an hour longer.
So forever essentially. Let's be real here. These morons have been at each others throats for CENTURIES.

NO AMERICAN PRESIDENT will ever convince them to live and let live.

Seems to me that if Trump knew this was inevitable and this is why he pulled out it only goes to bolster his position of troop withdrawal. There is ZERO upside to becoming embroiled in a much deeper conflict in Obama's unnecessary war.

Turkey launches 'military operation' in Syria, Erdogan announces

I do understand the opposition to Trump on this but enough is enough. Let the Muslims kill each other.
Today's Rightwing talking point.
Today's empty headed & pointless liberal response.

So forever essentially. Let's be real here. These morons have been at each others throats for CENTURIES.

You don’t think think trump should have enough diplomatic influence so they don’t get attached immediately? It’s been like a day. Those guys died fighting isis so our guys didn’t have to.

Seems to me that if Trump knew this was inevitable and this is why he pulled out it only goes to bolster his position of troop withdrawal. There is ZERO upside to becoming embroiled in a much deeper conflict in Obama's unnecessary war.

I do understand the opposition to Trump on this but enough is enough. Let the Muslims kill each other.
Today's Rightwing talking point.
I don't give him that much credit. LOL

This is an abandonment of our allies to an astonishing level. Everyone knows it's a bad idea, but he's doing it anyway, bringing us one step further away from all of our allies, and one step closer to Fortress America. This is terrible, this idea.
"Allies"? Just because they fought ISIS, doesnt mean they are good people. Hell, Osama Bin Laden once helped us fight the russians, but that didnt mean he was a good guy either.

Last edited:
This is an abandonment of our allies to an astonishing level. Everyone knows it's a bad idea, but he's doing it anyway, bringing us one step further away from all of our allies, and one step closer to Fortress America. This is terrible, this idea.

Syria is our ally now? What in the fuck?

Our allies next to the country could do something. None of our business.

The "anti-war" democrats crying about Trump putting an end to a war sure is illuminating to observe.

You don’t think think trump should have enough diplomatic influence so they don’t get attached immediately?

No one does, including Trump. The only deterrent those people OCCASSIONALLY respect is the threat of war.
Do you want to goto war with yet another middle eastern country?

You don’t think think trump should have enough diplomatic influence so they don’t get attached immediately? It’s been like a day. Those guys died fighting isis so our guys didn’t have to.
Trump just agrees with Putin that anyone unfortunate enough to live in what was Syria now get only whatever human rights Erdogan and Bashir allow them.

And to be honest, if Bahsir and Saddam had been left alone, there'd not have been ISIS

But the question is whether supporting people's aspirations of self-determination is in our national interest. Trump says Nyet.

The funny thing is that for years, all the Left have done is bitch because Trump was there in the first place. Now they bitch because he is finally pulling out. I'm frankly shocked I haven't yet seen a thread saying this proves he's working for the Kremlin!

That rotten orange heartless bastard, Trump.

How many here were concerned about a void being left and betrayal of allies when the last U.S. forces were pulled from Iraq in 2011?

You don’t think think trump should have enough diplomatic influence so they don’t get attached immediately?

No one does, including Trump. The only deterrent those people OCCASSIONALLY respect is the threat of war.
Nope, but I think trump should have enough diplomacy skills so they don’t attack in a day.

Nope, but I think trump should have enough diplomacy skills so they don’t attack in a day.
How do you know their plans weren't delayed due to negotiations by Trump?

And at the end of the day what damn difference does it make if the attack came a day later or a month later?

Asinine argument

Forum List

Back