TWA flight 800

I think we should pray every time we get on a plane since we are putting our fate in the hands of the pilot (s) and crew.

Why - Those guys are pros & very safe. Unlike riding with my wife when I end up praying before the ride is over.

There have been way too many crashes mostly from human error.
Computers have made it safer but it still makes sense to pray.
Ha-ha about your wife comment.

So far, no answer as to what the motivation of the US government was in 1996 to shoot down a commercial passenger jet.

Motive, motive, motive. What was it?

Who said it was the US gubmint that shot down the plane?

What we do no for sure is that the "official" story is pure bunk...You would need a tremendous amount of pressure in an unvented fuel cell and the exactly right fuel/air mixture to get the tank to explode as was claimed....But the cells are vented...They have to be or you couldn't draw fuel from them.

If you want to know motivations, ask why the NTSB, FAA and FBI are all lying to us.

The ones who are chirping 'false flag.'

I don't have any problem with the bomb theory, but what terrorist organization had the equipment to down a commercial jet line with a missile in the middle of or off the coast of NYC? I mean, they didn't even know how to land a plane 9-11-01. They just knew how to drive it around in the sky. Fight 800 was in 1996, and there HAD been hijackings prior to that. I could only go with the theory that it was downed deliberately if the theory were that it was a terrorist bomb carried on and INSIDE the plane. As I recall in 1996 airport security wasn't what it is today.

I just can't see that the US government would have any motive, I mean hell, it's bad for business, and I have no confidence that a bunch of third world hooligans had the technology to launch a missile in that location and not be detected.

I've been in some white-knuckle plane rides around the Great Lakes....so much weather there you can hit a patch makes you think you're falling down stairs.....You ain't been in a plane crash until you're about to be bounced in a UH1 Huey....I never saw anybody fasten their seatbelt....just pray you're over water and go out the door feet-first before it starts to chase it's tail.

I've been in some white-knuckle plane rides around the Great Lakes....so much weather there you can hit a patch makes you think you're falling down stairs.....You ain't been in a plane crash until you're about to be bounced in a UH1 Huey....I never saw anybody fasten their seatbelt....just pray you're over water and go out the door feet-first before it starts to chase it's tail.

The air is unforgiving. The sea can be unforgiving. Anytime I fly, I ask myself if that is a good day to die. I know, it us supposed to be safer than other means of travel. But I was on a 727 that did a nose dive once, and after that it took years to overcome my fear of flying. Didn't get over it until the kids were grown. That was a rough flight, and some of us able bodied people had trouble walking we were so shaken.

The air is unforgiving. The sea can be unforgiving. Anytime I fly, I ask myself if that is a good day to die. I know, it us supposed to be safer than other means of travel. But I was on a 727 that did a nose dive once, and after that it took years to overcome my fear of flying. Didn't get over it until the kids were grown. That was a rough flight, and some of us able bodied people had trouble walking we were so shaken.

:eusa_angel: not many "atheists" on a plane in a nose-dive are there?

It's all part of the ride. I have flown a lot & have been on a bunch of those type of flights. I was in first class with 2 airline pilots who were scared shit-less as we were coming in for a landing. That was one hell of a ride. We missed the landing beacon that lined us up for the runway in bad weather. We came in cross ways, crossed over & back, slammed down & slid off the end of the runway.

:eusa_angel: not many "atheists" on a plane in a nose-dive are there?

LOL. Not that any of them would admit!

It's all part of the ride. I have flown a lot & have been on a bunch of those type of flights. I was in first class with 2 airline pilots who were scared shit-less as we were coming in for a landing. That was one hell of a ride. We missed the landing beacon that lined us up for the runway in bad weather. We came in cross ways, crossed over & back, slammed down & slid off the end of the runway.

Well, flying is better now that they have instruments to help them avoid storms. But if I ever look out the window on a plane and see military jets flying beside, I'll put my head between my knees and kiss my ass goodbye.

On December 11, 1994 in Philippine Airlines Flight 434 a bomb designed to explode the center fuel tank of the Boeing 747 exploded in flight over the ocean killing one passenger. The bomb was planted by terrorist Ramzi Yousef. He planted the bomb in the flotation device under seat 26K that is normally directly over the center fuel tank. This was described in Phase I of the Bojinka plot. Fortunately, this particular 747, formerly operated by Scandinavian Airlines, had a different seating configuration and seat 26K was two rows forward of the center fuel tank so that the hole in the floor punched through to the cargo hold instead and spared the plane from a fiery explosion.

United States prosecutors said the device was a "Mark II" "microbomb" constructed using Casio digital watches as described in Phase I of the Bojinka plot, for which this was a test run. On Flight 434, Yousef used one tenth of the explosive power he planned to use on eleven U.S. airliners in January 1995. The bomb was, or at least all of its components were, designed to slip through airport security checks undetected. The explosive used was liquid nitroglycerin, which was disguised as a bottle of contact lens fluid. Other ingredients included glycerin, nitrate, sulfuric acid, and minute concentrations of nitrobenzene, silver azide, and liquid acetone. The wires he used were hidden in the heel of his shoe, below the detectable range of the metal detectors used by airports of the day.

Manila police were able to track the batteries used in the bomb and many of its contents from Okinawa back to Manila. Police uncovered Yousef's plan on the night of January 6 and the early morning of January 7, 1995, and Yousef was arrested a month later in Islamabad, Pakistan, by the Pakistani Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) and U.S. Diplomatic Security Service, then extradited to the United States.

This was 1 year prior to the center fuel tank exploding on TWA 800. High explosives residue RDX, PETN, and nitroglycerine were found on a piece of floor board in the same general area of TWA 800.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back