Twitter To Censor Trump Tweets Ahead Of 2020 Election

Alls good til the FCC part.. They are NOT a "communication" provider.. They are simply a lewd type of noise maker....
My Bad... I thought the FCC was responsible for this area as well..

THey'd LIKE to be.. You don't want that..

I was thinking about this last night.. When leftists with power get outraged and act as censors, monitors, naggers or Santa Claus -- MOST of the time, they make horrible solutions to problems that dont exist...

This thread is a prime example of that. Twitter is just the Mother Ship of trolls and there would be no reason to pull this power trip other than -- they HATE the Troll in Chief... So what do they do? They decide to shadow ban or restrict his Tweet dissemination based on their judgement..

Which is likely anything crude, insensitive or stupid that the Prez tweets... Now think a bit about what this means. They are actually MODERATING the Prez so that the public can't SEE or react to the WORST of his Tweet fetishes... How damn stupid is that? Their doing the job that 24 people in the WH TRY to do which is to save the Prez from his trollish self...

If ANYTHING -- when the Most Powerful Troll on the planet sticks his Tweeter up his own ass and farts out something sinister or evil -- THE OPTIMUM solution would be to BROADCAST that to the WIDEST audience possible. Not try to "punish him" by restricting his Tweet reach.. The effect is the EXACT OPPOSITE of the proper response to the problem....

I agree with that! :clap2:

Time has come to regulate social media ...... remove section 230 protections, then we'll see what happens!:thup:
regulate them how?

Remove section 230 protections, for a start.
why?

lol coyote dear....what's this? don't you know already?.....go find the answer all by your lonesome self ....ok? LOL:laugh:

The age of unregulated media must end.

Period.

I wish there was some way one could forsake their Twitter account if you find their business practices not aligning with your principles. Whomever is forcing you to keep your account open and active should be held legally responsible.

I've never understood the attraction to Twitter. ...and have always thought Trump should avoid it

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
I wish there was some way one could forsake their Twitter account if you find their business practices not aligning with your principles. Whomever is forcing you to keep your account open and active should be held legally responsible.

I've never understood the attraction to Twitter. ...and have always thought Trump should avoid it

it's not only twitter....it's all social media....it's Google and search engines...it's that and much more

big tech tyrant communist age has to stop!

lol coyote dear....what's this? don't you know already?.....go find the answer all by your lonesome self ....ok? LOL:laugh:

Period.
So we should we need to regulate fox and Brietbart?

Who decides what to regulate?

it's not only twitter....it's all social media....it's Google and search engines...it's that and much more

I know and it's the nature of the beast.

Idk what the answer is but something needs to change

My Bad... I thought the FCC was responsible for this area as well..

I was thinking about this last night.. When leftists with power get outraged and act as censors, monitors, naggers or Santa Claus -- MOST of the time, they make horrible solutions to problems that dont exist...

This thread is a prime example of that. Twitter is just the Mother Ship of trolls and there would be no reason to pull this power trip other than -- they HATE the Troll in Chief... So what do they do? They decide to shadow ban or restrict his Tweet dissemination based on their judgement..

Which is likely anything crude, insensitive or stupid that the Prez tweets... Now think a bit about what this means. They are actually MODERATING the Prez so that the public can't SEE or react to the WORST of his Tweet fetishes... How damn stupid is that? Their doing the job that 24 people in the WH TRY to do which is to save the Prez from his trollish self...

If ANYTHING -- when the Most Powerful Troll on the planet sticks his Tweeter up his own ass and farts out something sinister or evil -- THE OPTIMUM solution would be to BROADCAST that to the WIDEST audience possible. Not try to "punish him" by restricting his Tweet reach.. The effect is the EXACT OPPOSITE of the proper response to the problem....

Time has come to regulate social media ...... remove section 230 protections, then we'll see what happens!:thup:
regulate them how?

why?

Why should a social media that is selectively censoring content that SHOULD BE free speech get a SPECIAL FEDERAL protection against prosecution? If they are gonna over-moderate users that make them uncomfortable, they don't NEED legal immunity...

USMB can't get that deal... Why should Twitter?

Period.
So we should we need to regulate fox and Brietbart?

Who decides what to regulate?

Idk about regulation but this censorship of certain factions and not others needs to stop.

start by rethinking what constitutes a monopoly in this age

regulate them how?

why?

Why should a social media that is selectively censoring content that SHOULD BE free speech get a SPECIAL FEDERAL protection against prosecution? If they are gonna over-moderate users that make them uncomfortable, they don't NEED legal immunity...

Exactly right! :thup:

Let them monopolize but be across the board. If they can't then break them down.

Don't you see the fun of trolling as a hobby when you're under that much pressure?? Washington is an outrage machine.. It's a natural marriage unless you're hobbled by speech writers and teleprompters.... I've only Tweeted once. When I locked myself out of USMB and needed to contact Admin..

But if I ever had an office in Washington, I'd troll a lot in my spare time... :113:

regulate them how?

why?

Every media outlet selectively censors...how will you decide which ones get free speech protections and which ones don't?

As privately owned entities...do they have a right to decide what sort of messaging they allow on their platforms?

regulate them how?

why?

Every media outlet selectively censors...how will you decide which ones get free speech protections and which ones don't?

As privately owned entities...do they have a right to decide what sort of messaging they allow on their platforms?

They will not be private for much longer.

Don't you see the fun of trolling as a hobby when you're under that much pressure?? Washington is an outrage machine.. It's a natural marriage unless you're hobbled by speech writers and teleprompters.... I've only Tweeted once. When I locked myself out of USMB and needed to contact Admin..

But if I ever had an office in Washington, I'd troll a lot in my spare time... :113:

Oh i can troll with the best of them...but sometimes I cringe at Trump

This is too much.... all I want to know.....what will be done about this?

When enough will be enough??

WHEN?:mad-61:

Twitter To Censor Trump Tweets Ahead Of 2020 Election
What do YOU think should be done about a private business doing something?

When they stop acting as a platform and more like a publisher, like exercising editorial control, maybe some of their congressional exemptions should go away.

I ve Been saying this all yr

Let them monopolize but be across the board. If they can't then break them down.
monopolies stifle competition so that isn't good. It sounds like you are calling for some sort of "fairness doctrine" to be imposed on privately owned entities. Wouldn't opening the field to more competition be better?

Forum List

Back