Twitter To Censor Trump Tweets Ahead Of 2020 Election

This is too much.... all I want to know.....what will be done about this?

When enough will be enough??

WHEN?:mad-61:

What do YOU think should be done about a private business doing something?

When they stop acting as a platform and more like a publisher, like exercising editorial control, maybe some of their congressional exemptions should go away.

The moment they do one modification to any one of the candidates tweets they will find themselves in federal court and an injunction keeping them from making any further alterations imposed. The Moment they take "editorial control" they then will lose the freedoms they have as a private provider. The FCC could shut them down totally for this as it violates their license to operate.

They are not altering anything, they are adding a warning about the content. They are well within their rights to do so

The president of the United States, with the same account as the last one?

Youre Fucking crazy fruit loops.

When they stop acting as a platform and more like a publisher, like exercising editorial control, maybe some of their congressional exemptions should go away.

The moment they do one modification to any one of the candidates tweets they will find themselves in federal court and an injunction keeping them from making any further alterations imposed. The Moment they take "editorial control" they then will lose the freedoms they have as a private provider. The FCC could shut them down totally for this as it violates their license to operate.

They are not altering anything, they are adding a warning about the content. They are well within their rights to do so

Did "the last one" violent the site's TOS?

Once again who decides?

And this is the president it's not you or I

So much for "free press", huh?

Yep. It's a good example of freedom of the press, and why we need to fight for it. Trumpsters would love to bully social media companies, but the Constitution gives these companies at least some protection. Ultimately though, the people will have to recognize the importance of our rights and fight for them.

I’ve long been banned. I had the temerity to question a Hollywood mogul when he called for jihad against Georgia.

Yep. It's a good example of freedom of the press, and why we need to fight for it. Trumpsters would love to bully social media companies, but the Constitution gives these companies at least some protection. Ultimately though, the people will have to recognize the importance of our rights and fight for them.

Cognitive dissonance again. Shutting down opposing opinions is a way of freeing speech!

I’ve long been banned. I had the temerity to question a Hollywood mogul when he called for jihad against Georgia.

I only made one tweet back in 2008, I thought it was stupid and by the sound of some of you it's like most of these political forums over the past 19 years I have been on and before that the chat rooms...must of been banned at least 50 different places.

Cognitive dissonance again. Shutting down opposing opinions is a way of freeing speech!

The dissonance is yours. Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can use the government to force people to say what you want (or otherwise accommodate your ideas against their will). It means exactly the opposite. It means you CAN'T do that. Hopefully there's enough sanity left on the Court to recognize that vital fact.

This is the tweet I was banned for. It was the only tweet I ever posted on the subject after receiving his plea to break the backs of the people of Georgia. Twitter called it “intended to suppress the free expression of other users”.
It’s inconsequential except as a lesson in what we are dealing with. A hugely powerful and wealthy group of elites determined to reassert control.

A04C1203-3F4B-44B1-B182-C5EBD811A25F.jpeg

The dissonance is yours. Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can use the government to force people to say what you want (or otherwise accommodate your ideas against their will). It means exactly the opposite. It means you CAN'T do that. Hopefully there's enough sanity left on the Court to recognize that vital fact.

No? Be careful here. Are you claiming that California’s PUC *doesnt* enforce quotas for speech on communications companies in their jurisdiction?
Should I post their page?

This is the tweet I was banned for. It was the only tweet I ever posted on the subject after receiving his plea to break the backs of the people of Georgia. Twitter called it “intended to suppress the free expression of other users”.
It’s inconsequential except as a lesson in what we are dealing with. A hugely powerful and wealthy group of elites determined to reassert control.

View attachment 266819

Wow, just for that huh? Reminds me when I got banned from one liberal site when I said poor people subsidize rich people's electric cars.

No? Be careful here. Are you claiming that California’s PUC *doesnt* enforce quotas for speech on communications companies in their jurisdiction?
Should I post their page?
No. I don't know what PUC is. Nor do I care. Are you trying to make a point or respond in some way to my post?

Last edited:

Wait...So you're saying they are actually treating the Oompa Loompa Oligarch differently than they are treating other people? Joe Blow would be banned, but for Doddering Donnie we get content warnings?

iu

Wait...So you're saying they are actually treating the Oompa Loompa Oligarch differently than they are treating other people? Joe Blow would be banned, but for Doddering Donnie we get content warnings?

iu

So that's not what is happening? I read their policy to mean if you're powerful enough you don't get banned, your post (that would get anyone ELSE banned) will only get content warnings. No?

Which is why the tweets he makes on the shitter with his tiny hands don't get him banned.

There is no free speech on a private server. I just ask that if one person is censored that all be censored the same way.

I am not talking about Constitutional free speech.

These social platforms cannot be an extension of the Democratic Party without being broken up in anti-Trust action, IMO.

Once again who decides?

Right now the people who own and run the company. Would you like to see government control exerted over these companies? I think they need to be treated more like media platforms and regulated as such. You?

Forum List

Back