marijuana legalization

Idiots legalized marijuana. It will hurt many people in the long run. Its probably the reason why so many are getting mental. Its gotten to strong.
But on the other hand. If Washington DC wasn't filled with idiots, the us govt would grow the marijuana, let states tax it and then the govt could put all the money on the national debt. What do you think?

More than the profound harm of incarceration?

Rationally, a civilization can absolutely determine that a degree of harm is too much and that substances that cause that level or more are illegal. But once you've established a standard of acceptable, legal amounts of harm......then anything LESS harmful and LESS dangerous would also be legal.

If its legal to go 65, surely its legal to go 63.

In what world is marijuana more harmful and more dangerous than alcohol?

More than the profound harm of incarceration?

Rationally, a civilization can absolutely determine that a degree of harm is too much and that substances that cause that level or more are illegal. But once you've established a standard of acceptable, legal amounts of harm......then anything LESS harmful and LESS dangerous would also be legal.

If its legal to go 65, surely its legal to go 63.

In what world is marijuana more harmful and more dangerous than alcohol?
Abuse of either is the bad that comes.

you made a statement back it up....how is everyone smoking it wrong except you and a few others?...
Abusing it is wrong. Most abuse it. I did most of my life- a quarter ounce a day. In the long run it hurts most people. And now today its much stronger. Commercial was 7% thc, the good stuff-15%, now some is 35%

Abuse of either is the bad that comes.

But criminalization? That brings in the State. Police. The loss of rights. The profound harm of incarceration. The seizure of property. The loss of years of one's life at the hands of the State. And tremendous and direct expense by tax payers.

"Bad that comes" usually takes care of itself. You don't need to involve the law in many cases.

We've already determined that there is a legal, acceptable level of harm that doesn't require the involvement of the law: alcohol.

Logically and rationally, anything less harmful that alcohol would also be legal. And weed is absolutely less dangerous than alcohol.

Abusing it is wrong. Most abuse it. I did most of my life- a quarter ounce a day. In the long run it hurts most people. And now today its much stronger. Commercial was 7% thc, the good stuff-15%, now some is 35%

Wrong to the degree of criminalization?

And a QUARTER OUNCE a day? Jesus Christ, dude. I've seen college kids milk an eighth for the better part of a week.

yea people abuse lunch meat too....and you can buy weak pot if one thought the new stuff is to strong...

But criminalization? That brings in the State. Police. The loss of rights. The profound harm of incarceration. The seizure of property. The loss of years of one's life at the hands of the State. And tremendous and direct expense by tax payers.

"Bad that comes" usually takes care of itself. You don't need to involve the law in many cases.

We've already determined that there is a legal, acceptable level of harm that doesn't require the involvement of the law: alcohol.

Logically and rationally, anything less harmful that alcohol would also be legal. And weed is absolutely less dangerous than alcohol.
Marijuana use has never been a jailable offense. Only to those in darkness while they get drunk on their alcohol thinking Marijuana is worse than their alcohol.

Wrong to the degree of criminalization?

And a QUARTER OUNCE a day? Jesus Christ, dude. I've seen college kids milk an eighth for the better part of a week.
I used to sell it. It was always free. As soon as i woke i took a couple hits even before a cigarette, and did it throughout the day. The commercial stuff was crap. It was hard to get back up to a decent high.

Idiots legalized marijuana. It will hurt many people in the long run. Its probably the reason why so many are getting mental. Its gotten to strong.
But on the other hand. If Washington DC wasn't filled with idiots, the us govt would grow the marijuana, let states tax it and then the govt could put all the money on the national debt. What do you think?
How much have you smoked

Marijuana use has never been a jailable offense. Only to those in darkness while they get drunk on their alcohol thinking Marijuana is worse than their alcohol.

Marijuana possession certainly has. Selling it is. It still is in many states.

And in what world is marijuana more dangerous than alcohol. You can sit down with a bottle of gin and drink yourself to death in under an hour. You can smoke non-stop for a week and never overdose yourself to death on marijuana.

Why would the LESS dangerous drug be criminal while the MORE dangerous drug not be? Why criminalize at all? The State doesn't need to be involved.

yea people abuse lunch meat too....and you can buy weak pot if one thought the new stuff is to strong...
The point of my thread was that since it is legal, let the govt grow it, states tax it and govt put their end of money on the national debt-35 trillion dollars. How can they ever pay it off?

The point of my thread was that since it is legal, let the govt grow it, states tax it and govt put their end of money on the national debt-35 trillion dollars. How can they ever pay it off?

Or, if its legal......the State should just butt out. They don't need to be the one's growing it, or selling it, or arresting people for it.

If they need to regulate it for safety, so be it. But criminalization? Why?

Or, if its legal......the State should just butt out. They don't need to be the one's growing it, or selling it, or arresting people for it.

If they need to regulate it for safety, so be it. But criminalization? Why?
none of that happens in the legal states except the regulations.....

No, what’s idiocy is criminalizing marijuana – which hurts many people in the long and short run.

none of that happens in the legal states except the regulations.....

True. But what about states where its illegal. Where people still go to prison for partaking in a drug that is far, far less dangerous than legal drugs like alcohol?

Forum List

Back