Twitter To Censor Trump Tweets Ahead Of 2020 Election

Hey folks. You do understand that politics is not covered as protected speech?

All they know is the big tech companies don't like Trump, and they want government to clamp down on their political enemies. I'm not sure if they don't realize how dangerous this is, or just don't care.
They are enamored so much by Trump they see him as Napoleon.

This is too much.... all I want to know.....what will be done about this? When enough will be enough?? WHEN?:mad-61:

Right. So Twitter is going to screen the President of the USA's comments for CONTENT.
Wish I had a Twitter account so I could cancel it.
You know this is just going to backfire in the Left's face and just make people want to vote for him more!

This is too much.... all I want to know.....what will be done about this?

When enough will be enough??

WHEN?:mad-61:

What do YOU think should be done about a private business doing something?

Nothing. I don't think a Christian baker should be forced to bake a cake for a gay wedding if he finds is morally objectionable.

See how easy that was???
And another false comparison fallacy from the right.

The First Amendment prohibits government from dictating to private media entities how to edit their content and prohibits government from enacting punitive measures against private media because of how they edit their content.

Public accommodations laws prohibiting discrimination by businesses open to the general public are authorized by the Commerce Clause, having nothing whatsoever to do with the First Amendment, where public accommodations laws are perfectly appropriate and Constitutional.

Nope still a First Amendment issue. My freedom of religion does not end if I open a business. Simple as that.

You mean like, say, if an apartment complex refused to rent to black people? Let me check.
Wrong.

This fails as a false comparison fallacy.

Conservatives advocating that government take punitive measures against private internet media in violation of the First Amendment has nothing to do with necessary, proper, and Constitutional public accommodations laws prohibiting rent discrimination.

Hahaha, right because it's only constitutional if someone else's ox is being gored. Leftists are such hypocrites.

Hey folks. You do understand that politics is not covered as protected speech?

All they know is the big tech companies don't like Trump, and they want government to clamp down on their political enemies. I'm not sure if they don't realize how dangerous this is, or just don't care.

Perhaps the FEC should fine these companies for in kind contributions to the commies if they don't like Trump and censor him and his supporters.

First make up your mind. Is Twitter a private business or a means of political communication. The Judge said it was political communication and Trump could not block people from his twitter feed.

Trump can't block Twitter followers, federal judge says

Censor liberal tweets the same way? Would that be too much to ask?

Yes, how about let free speech reign?

There is no free speech on a private server. I just ask that if one person is censored that all be censored the same way.

Read the statement from Twitter, they are not doing it to one person only

True.. But they are doing this BECAUSE of one person.

And the stupid morons are taking this power trip in the exact WRONG direction.. See my post above...
You want to know what I think happened?
Twitter was receiving a thousand complaints a day saying "You took down my Tweet because of all that bad language--how come you don't take down the President's?" So Twitter, in an attempt to be fair without taking down the POTUS's tweets, is going to put a little sticky on the worst ones, noting that yeah, they saw it and if crass language offends you, you might want to skip this one.

Twitter tries to be fair and they're STILL getting jumped all over by the right, who is not going to stop until only Sinclair runs the media in this country.

Twitter Declares It Will Censor Trump’s Tweets Ahead of 2020 Election

Platform will 'down rank' political candidates tweets if they 'violate' rules

They’re kidding. Right?

You think they can possibly get away with censoring The Donald’s Twitter account?

Call in the DOJ!

Twitter has declared that it will limit the reach of President Trump’s tweets ahead of the 2020 election as campaigning amps up.

The social media platform, which has come under fire recently for silencing prominent conservative voices online, notes that it will begin using algorithms to “down-rank” tweets by politicians which ‘violate’ their rules.

The Washington Post reported that such tweets by all verified political candidates and government officials with over 100,000 followers will be tagged with a label:

Much more @ Twitter Declares It Will Censor Trump’s Tweets Ahead of 2020 Election

Breaking: Twitter Sets Stage To Start Down Ranking, Suppressing Tweets Like Trump’s @ Breaking: Twitter Sets Stage To Start Down Ranking, Suppressing Tweets Like Trump's

Twitter rolls out new guidelines for world leaders that could impact Trump’s tweets @ Twitter rolls out new guidelines for world leaders that could impact Trump’s tweets - Media Bias/Fact Check

it's not only twitter....it's all social media....it's Google and search engines...it's that and much more

big tech tyrant communist age has to stop!

I know and it's the nature of the beast.

Idk what the answer is but something needs to change
start by rethinking what constitutes a monopoly in this age

Let them monopolize but be across the board. If they can't then break them down.
monopolies stifle competition so that isn't good. It sounds like you are calling for some sort of "fairness doctrine" to be imposed on privately owned entities. Wouldn't opening the field to more competition be better?

Maybe. I do know I've noticed Google search is iffy. Used to what I was looking for was on the first page or so....now it's five or six pages back. That's concerning having to wade through what Google WANTS me to read
I had noticed the same thing last fall and a poster here who knows how Google works explained it this way:
When you do a search on Google, it offers the most popular "clicks" first. That's called "trending," I think. At the time I was searching for stuff, I was getting all the 'right' leaning hits first. That meant more conservatives were hitting Google at that time. Now with the Democratic candidates coming out of the starting gate, maybe Dems are more active.
What might be happening, though, is, as more and more folks on the right mistrust Google and don't use it, the more buried the info from a right leaning perspective will be. Those articles aren't getting the "hits."
Does that make sense?
It's not some diabolical plot. It is what most people are searching that causes some things to come up first.

They’re kidding. Right?

You think they can possibly get away with censoring The Donald’s Twitter account?

Call in the DOJ!

Twitter has declared that it will limit the reach of President Trump’s tweets ahead of the 2020 election as campaigning amps up.

The social media platform, which has come under fire recently for silencing prominent conservative voices online, notes that it will begin using algorithms to “down-rank” tweets by politicians which ‘violate’ their rules.

The Washington Post reported that such tweets by all verified political candidates and government officials with over 100,000 followers will be tagged with a label:

Much more @ Twitter Declares It Will Censor Trump’s Tweets Ahead of 2020 Election

Breaking: Twitter Sets Stage To Start Down Ranking, Suppressing Tweets Like Trump’s @ Breaking: Twitter Sets Stage To Start Down Ranking, Suppressing Tweets Like Trump's

Twitter rolls out new guidelines for world leaders that could impact Trump’s tweets @ Twitter rolls out new guidelines for world leaders that could impact Trump’s tweets - Media Bias/Fact Check
If he started Tweeting like a President, this would not be a problem.

When they stop acting as a platform and more like a publisher, like exercising editorial control, maybe some of their congressional exemptions should go away.

The moment they do one modification to any one of the candidates tweets they will find themselves in federal court and an injunction keeping them from making any further alterations imposed. The Moment they take "editorial control" they then will lose the freedoms they have as a private provider. The FCC could shut them down totally for this as it violates their license to operate.

They are not altering anything, they are adding a warning about the content. They are well within their rights to do so

The president of the United States, with the same account as the last one?

Youre Fucking crazy fruit loops.

Not just his account you braindead moron. Do you every read anything outside of this forum?

When they stop acting as a platform and more like a publisher, like exercising editorial control, maybe some of their congressional exemptions should go away.

The moment they do one modification to any one of the candidates tweets they will find themselves in federal court and an injunction keeping them from making any further alterations imposed. The Moment they take "editorial control" they then will lose the freedoms they have as a private provider. The FCC could shut them down totally for this as it violates their license to operate.

They are not altering anything, they are adding a warning about the content. They are well within their rights to do so

Did "the last one" violent the site's TOS?

Once again who decides?

The people that own the platform. Who decides on this forum who broke the TOS? Why have non Trump worshipers been punished for things that Trump worshipers do daily?

These companies have to be broken up. They are still stinging from the last defeat wherein the media lost control to people actually talking to one another. They are determined it’s not going to happen again.

Cannot let success go unpunished, can you. Break them up...how dare them be so damn successful.

you statist just kill me

And this is the president it's not you or I

This is the tweet I was banned for. It was the only tweet I ever posted on the subject after receiving his plea to break the backs of the people of Georgia. Twitter called it “intended to suppress the free expression of other users”.
It’s inconsequential except as a lesson in what we are dealing with. A hugely powerful and wealthy group of elites determined to reassert control.

View attachment 266819

Wow, just for that huh? Reminds me when I got banned from one liberal site when I said poor people subsidize rich people's electric cars.

And I got banned from a conservative site for saying that Bob Barr was a bad choice by Trump.

And I got banned from a conservative Christian site for saying that Trump was a misogynistic jerk

Trump is an obscene filthy compulsive serial malicious liar. He should be banned from all social media.

They’re kidding. Right?

Call in the DOJ!

NOT JUST TRUMP'S ACCOUNT

This is the tweet I was banned for. It was the only tweet I ever posted on the subject after receiving his plea to break the backs of the people of Georgia. Twitter called it “intended to suppress the free expression of other users”.
It’s inconsequential except as a lesson in what we are dealing with. A hugely powerful and wealthy group of elites determined to reassert control.

View attachment 266819

Wow, just for that huh? Reminds me when I got banned from one liberal site when I said poor people subsidize rich people's electric cars.

And I got banned from a conservative site for saying that Bob Barr was a bad choice by Trump.

And I got banned from a conservative Christian site for saying that Trump was a misogynistic jerk

PM me the sites Because I know you are full of shit troll boi.

USMB leans right and they tolerate everyone and this is the only political forum that leans right that I found.

Trump is an obscene filthy compulsive serial malicious liar. He should be banned from all social media.

This is too much.... all I want to know.....what will be done about this? When enough will be enough?? WHEN?:mad-61:

Right. So Twitter is going to screen the President of the USA's comments for CONTENT.
Wish I had a Twitter account so I could cancel it.
You know this is just going to backfire in the Left's face and just make people want to vote for him more!

Not just his moron.

Yup no wonder why people get shot by cops, you to have no respect for authority, first amendment and the office of the president.

View attachment 266819

PM me the sites Because I know you are full of shit troll boi.

USMB leans right and they tolerate everyone and this is the only political forum that leans right that I found.

Fuck the PM

This is the Christian site...Worthy Christian Forums

And here is the other one..this site makes the USMB look like the DNC official forum.

upload_2019-6-29_7-7-32.png

Forum List

Back