Twitter To Censor Trump Tweets Ahead Of 2020 Election

They do when it comes to regulations. 100%. They say they are just a conduit of content. But they aren’t as they choose which content people can post and which they cannot. As such they are more like a newspaper and should be held to those regulations. NYT and AT&T are not regulated the same way.

Newspapers produce what they publish or pay for it from other sources. They do not allow anyone to put an article in their paper, they hold 100% editorial control.

Sites like this and Twitter and even FB do not do that. They exercise some control over content but they do not produce the content and they do not pay for the content.

You are still comparing apples to oranges to pineapples.

Should this site be treated like a newspaper and be held responsible for every single thing you or I post?

I disagree with you! They do exactly as the newspapers do. Exercise editorial control by banning mostly conservatives. I am not comparing apples to oranges. Twitter is! This site doesn’t block content or those who post based on political identity and when you register you agree to the disclaimer that the site is not liable. But yes this site may still be sued!!! Twitter cannot as it received a special disclaimer from the govt

I disagree with you! They do exactly as the newspapers do. Exercise editorial control by banning mostly conservatives. I am not comparing apples to oranges. Twitter is! This site doesn’t block content or those who post based on political identity and when you register you agree to the disclaimer that the site is not liable.

This site has given me a week's vacation for actions I see people who support Trump do on a daily basis, so this site is not unbiased.

Newspapers create their own content or pay for the content. Twitter does neither of these things.

Go to the NY Times and try and publish an article without their prior approval, then you can tell me that Twitter is like a newspaper.

They do when it comes to regulations. 100%. They say they are just a conduit of content. But they aren’t as they choose which content people can post and which they cannot. As such they are more like a newspaper and should be held to those regulations. NYT and AT&T are not regulated the same way.

Newspapers produce what they publish or pay for it from other sources. They do not allow anyone to put an article in their paper, they hold 100% editorial control.

Sites like this and Twitter and even FB do not do that. They exercise some control over content but they do not produce the content and they do not pay for the content.

You are still comparing apples to oranges to pineapples.

Should this site be treated like a newspaper and be held responsible for every single thing you or I post?

Twitter could be sued for its users' unlawful tweets | ZDNet

Twitter is identified as an “interactive computer device” except it isn’t as interactive devices don’t ban or censor people.

I disagree with you! They do exactly as the newspapers do. Exercise editorial control by banning mostly conservatives. I am not comparing apples to oranges. Twitter is! This site doesn’t block content or those who post based on political identity and when you register you agree to the disclaimer that the site is not liable.

This site has given me a week's vacation for actions I see people who support Trump do on a daily basis, so this site is not unbiased.

Newspapers create their own content or pay for the content. Twitter does neither of these things.

Go to the NY Times and try and publish an article without their prior approval, then you can tell me that Twitter is like a newspaper.

I can go to their comments section and publish away. And yes I cannot publish main articles because they decide what goes into articles and Twitter is quickly deciding who can and cannot post hence they are closer to the NYT than AT&T as they claim. If they allow you to post that Trump is Satan but ban me for posting that Liz Warren is Satan. They are basically controlling content and are closer to the Times than Time Warner.

I can go to their comments section and publish away. And yes I cannot publish main articles because they decide what goes into articles and Twitter is quickly deciding who can and cannot post hence they are closer to the NYT than AT&T as they claim. If they allow you to post that Trump is Satan but ban me for posting that Liz Warren is Satan. They are basically controlling content and are closer to the Times than Time Warner.

They do not claim to be ATT, that is just your spin, not them.

They will allow you to post either of those.

If Twitter gets treated that way, every site on the web needs to be also. The Christian forum I was a part of needs to allow full and total access to anyone that wants to post there, else they should be treated like a newspaper also.

If Twitter gets treated that way, every site on the web needs to be also. The Christian forum I was a part of needs to allow full and total access to anyone that wants to post there, else they should be treated like a newspaper also.

Twitter should be treated like USMB. Pretty similar? Yet Twitter receives greater protections than USMB. Ask the Mods. Why is that? If they are truly just an internet conduit of info. then why do they block content? They should not block anything but allow the users to block content, which they may but Twitter, which leans Left is blocking conservatives. I am not on Twitter but I find that alarming if in fact they claim to be just a conduit and not like the NYT..a source for biased info.

No? Be careful here. Are you claiming that California’s PUC *doesnt* enforce quotas for speech on communications companies in their jurisdiction?
Should I post their page?
No. I don't know what PUC is. Nor do I care. Are you trying to make a point or respond in some way to my post?

You should have stopped at “I don’t know”. That sufficiently explains your programming.

How so? Wha is it you *think* you know about me? I bet you're wrong.

I know you professed ignorance on a subject you were previously pontificating on.

I wasn't talking about California's PUC. That's your rambling.

Once again, freedom of speech doesn't mean you can use the government to force people to say what you want (or otherwise accommodate your ideas against their will). It means exactly the opposite. It means you CAN'T do that. Hopefully there's enough sanity left on the Court to recognize that vital fact

Of course you weren’t talking about it. You were spouting your programming.

This is too much.... all I want to know.....what will be done about this?

When enough will be enough??

WHEN?:mad-61:

What do YOU think should be done about a private business doing something?

When they stop acting as a platform and more like a publisher, like exercising editorial control, maybe some of their congressional exemptions should go away.

The moment they do one modification to any one of the candidates tweets they will find themselves in federal court and an injunction keeping them from making any further alterations imposed. The Moment they take "editorial control" they then will lose the freedoms they have as a private provider. The FCC could shut them down totally for this as it violates their license to operate.

They are not altering anything, they are adding a warning about the content. They are well within their rights to do so
Wait...So you're saying they are actually treating the Oompa Loompa Oligarch differently than they are treating other people? Joe Blow would be banned, but for Doddering Donnie we get content warnings?
No one should as long as they follow the rules . Bias based shit is suppression

Twitter should be treated like USMB. Pretty similar? Yet Twitter receives greater protections than USMB. Ask the Mods. Why is that? If they are truly just an internet conduit of info. then why do they block content? They should not block anything but allow the users to block content, which they may but Twitter, which leans Left is blocking conservatives. I am not on Twitter but I find that alarming if in fact they claim to be just a conduit and not like the NYT..a source for biased info.
Parler

What do YOU think should be done about a private business doing something?

When they stop acting as a platform and more like a publisher, like exercising editorial control, maybe some of their congressional exemptions should go away.

The moment they do one modification to any one of the candidates tweets they will find themselves in federal court and an injunction keeping them from making any further alterations imposed. The Moment they take "editorial control" they then will lose the freedoms they have as a private provider. The FCC could shut them down totally for this as it violates their license to operate.

They are not altering anything, they are adding a warning about the content. They are well within their rights to do so
Wait...So you're saying they are actually treating the Oompa Loompa Oligarch differently than they are treating other people? Joe Blow would be banned, but for Doddering Donnie we get content warnings?
No one should as long as they follow the rules . Bias based shit is suppression

It's the opposite of that. Joe Blow violates TOS, gets banned. Public figure violates TOS does not get banned. It's making different rules for the wealthy and powerful that don't apply to you and I. That's not "suppression".

This is too much.... all I want to know.....what will be done about this?

When enough will be enough??

WHEN?:mad-61:

Lets have a little look where you get your information:(Zero Hedge)

In a quote from the above New Yorker article they summarize the political stance of the blog, which Lokey told Bloomberg is: “Russia=good. Obama=idiot. Bashar al-Assad=benevolent leader. John Kerry= dunce. Vladimir Putin=greatest leader in the history of statecraft.”

Zero Hedge’s content has been classified as “alt-right” and has been criticized for presenting conspiracy theories.

In review, Zero Hedge publishes pro-right wing/Trump articles such as Pat Buchanan: “Trump Calls Off Cold War II.” As well as fake news stories regarding liberals: Anti-Trump Protesters Bused Into Austin, Chicago.

So are you pro Russia & anti democracy? Remember a time being anti democracy was being anti American...

Nice to see you are up for killing Journalists and torturing political foes...

They block content because as your link above alluded to, they can still be sued for what is on their site

They block content because as your link above alluded to, they can still be sued for what is on their site

Then they should not advertise or be classified as a neutral provider of content. They block what they deem is offensive. Subjective. Should be regulated as such imo. We are going in circles we need a third party to moderate.

Then they should not advertise or be classified as a neutral provider of content. They block what they deem is offensive. Subjective. Should be regulated as such imo. We are going in circles we need a third party to moderate.

Being a neutral provider of content does not prohibit you from blocking content that would damage your company.

And this is the president it's not you or I

This is the tweet I was banned for. It was the only tweet I ever posted on the subject after receiving his plea to break the backs of the people of Georgia. Twitter called it “intended to suppress the free expression of other users”.
It’s inconsequential except as a lesson in what we are dealing with. A hugely powerful and wealthy group of elites determined to reassert control.

View attachment 266819

Wow, just for that huh? Reminds me when I got banned from one liberal site when I said poor people subsidize rich people's electric cars.

And I got banned from a conservative site for saying that Bob Barr was a bad choice by Trump.

And I got banned from a conservative Christian site for saying that Trump was a misogynistic jerk

PM me the sites Because I know you are full of shit troll boi.

USMB leans right and they tolerate everyone and this is the only political forum that leans right that I found.

Fuck the PM

This is the Christian site...Worthy Christian Forums

And here is the other one..this site makes the USMB look like the DNC official forum.

View attachment 266831

Where ever you were banned i am sure you were defending democrats and attacking Christians.

Did "the last one" violent the site's TOS?

And this is the president it's not you or I

This is the tweet I was banned for. It was the only tweet I ever posted on the subject after receiving his plea to break the backs of the people of Georgia. Twitter called it “intended to suppress the free expression of other users”.
It’s inconsequential except as a lesson in what we are dealing with. A hugely powerful and wealthy group of elites determined to reassert control.

View attachment 266819

Wow, just for that huh? Reminds me when I got banned from one liberal site when I said poor people subsidize rich people's electric cars.

And I got banned from a conservative site for saying that Bob Barr was a bad choice by Trump.

And I got banned from a conservative Christian site for saying that Trump was a misogynistic jerk

USMB leans right and they tolerate everyone and this is the only political forum that leans right that I found.

The false equivalence is the trademark of the liberal. Its like if I said "my electric company cut off my power because I had a Trump sign in my yard" and he said "oh yeah well my mother-in-law wont speak to me because I defend AOC mechanical skills".

View attachment 266819

Fuck the PM

This is the Christian site...Worthy Christian Forums

And here is the other one..this site makes the USMB look like the DNC official forum.

View attachment 266831

Where ever you were banned i am sure you were defending democrats and attacking Christians.

Which in your eyes makes it justified for me to be banned.

Forum List

Back