Twitter To Censor Trump Tweets Ahead Of 2020 Election

Trump is an obscene filthy compulsive serial malicious liar. He should be banned from all social media.

This is too much.... all I want to know.....what will be done about this? When enough will be enough?? WHEN?:mad-61:

Right. So Twitter is going to screen the President of the USA's comments for CONTENT.
Wish I had a Twitter account so I could cancel it.
You know this is just going to backfire in the Left's face and just make people want to vote for him more!

Not just his moron.

Yup no wonder why people get shot by cops, you to have no respect for authority, first amendment and the office of the president.

I wonder how people get to be as old as you and be so stupid. The first amendment applies to the government, and the government only.

Why would I have respect for the office of the president when the man elected president has no respect for the office of the president?

Trump is an obscene filthy compulsive serial malicious liar. He should be banned from all social media.

This is too much.... all I want to know.....what will be done about this? When enough will be enough?? WHEN?:mad-61:

Right. So Twitter is going to screen the President of the USA's comments for CONTENT.
You know this is just going to backfire in the Left's face and just make people want to vote for him more!

Not just his moron.

Yup no wonder why people get shot by cops, you to have no respect for authority, first amendment and the office of the president.

I wonder how people get to be as old as you and be so stupid. The first amendment applies to the government, and the government only.

Why would I have respect for the office of the president when the man elected president has no respect for the office of the president?
We have different ideas on what "respect" is about. I'd rather have a plain speaking non-politician as President than a mealy mouthed pandering lying bureaucrat like we had previously.

Not just his moron.

And that's why you burn the American flag huh?

No respect for the country and Office of the presidency..this is beyond a private company when they monopolize one Industry/platform.

I am sure he could post here but he would only have an audience of a few thousand not 100's of millions.

Twitter Declares It Will Censor Trump’s Tweets Ahead of 2020 Election

Platform will 'down rank' political candidates tweets if they 'violate' rules

They’re kidding. Right?

You think they can possibly get away with censoring The Donald’s Twitter account?

Call in the DOJ!

Twitter has declared that it will limit the reach of President Trump’s tweets ahead of the 2020 election as campaigning amps up.

The social media platform, which has come under fire recently for silencing prominent conservative voices online, notes that it will begin using algorithms to “down-rank” tweets by politicians which ‘violate’ their rules.

The Washington Post reported that such tweets by all verified political candidates and government officials with over 100,000 followers will be tagged with a label:

Much more @ Twitter Declares It Will Censor Trump’s Tweets Ahead of 2020 Election

Breaking: Twitter Sets Stage To Start Down Ranking, Suppressing Tweets Like Trump’s @ Breaking: Twitter Sets Stage To Start Down Ranking, Suppressing Tweets Like Trump's

Twitter rolls out new guidelines for world leaders that could impact Trump’s tweets @ Twitter rolls out new guidelines for world leaders that could impact Trump’s tweets - Media Bias/Fact Check

NOT JUST TRUMP'S ACCOUNT

IT WAS THE SAME ACCOUNT OBAMA HAD.

They’re kidding. Right?

You think they can possibly get away with censoring The Donald’s Twitter account?

Call in the DOJ!

Twitter has declared that it will limit the reach of President Trump’s tweets ahead of the 2020 election as campaigning amps up.

The social media platform, which has come under fire recently for silencing prominent conservative voices online, notes that it will begin using algorithms to “down-rank” tweets by politicians which ‘violate’ their rules.

The Washington Post reported that such tweets by all verified political candidates and government officials with over 100,000 followers will be tagged with a label:

Much more @ Twitter Declares It Will Censor Trump’s Tweets Ahead of 2020 Election

Breaking: Twitter Sets Stage To Start Down Ranking, Suppressing Tweets Like Trump’s @ Breaking: Twitter Sets Stage To Start Down Ranking, Suppressing Tweets Like Trump's

Twitter rolls out new guidelines for world leaders that could impact Trump’s tweets @ Twitter rolls out new guidelines for world leaders that could impact Trump’s tweets - Media Bias/Fact Check

NOT JUST TRUMP'S ACCOUNT

One more time, to be clear..

No respect for the country and Office of the presidency..this is beyond a private company when they monopolize one Industry/platform.

I am sure he could post here but he would only have an audience of a few thousand not 100's of millions.

I would never burn the flag, but I would defend your right to do so.

I have the utmost respect for this country, that is why I gave 20 years of my life to serve it...something you never found the time to do so do not talk to me about respect for the country.

There is no monopoly, the internet is too big to monopolize. If you do not like what Twitter does, start your own competition, that is the American way. running to the government to save you is not the American way.

They’re kidding. Right?

Call in the DOJ!

NOT JUST TRUMP'S ACCOUNT

Same account, different user, different content tweeted.

But again, it does nto matter because they did not do shit to Trump's account, they did it to all major political figures.

They’re kidding. Right?

Call in the DOJ!

NOT JUST TRUMP'S ACCOUNT

Same account, different user, different content tweeted.

But again, it does nto matter because they did not do shit to Trump's account, they did it to all major political figures.

Of course it matters they are thinking they are above the office of the president of the United States.

Of course it matters they are thinking they are above the office of the president of the United States.

The president of the US is not a god or a king or a dictator. The president works for us, not the other way around, unless you are employed by the executive branch of the government.

Every media outlet selectively censors...how will you decide which ones get free speech protections and which ones don't?

We're not talking about "free speech protections".. We're talking about immunizing a media platform for content that THEY don't create.. So if some hot-head troll slanders or libels somebody or incites a crime on their platform, the plaintiff can't INCLUDE their deep pockets in a law suit... They would have to go after the member who created the content...

USMB immunizes itself with a legal disclaimer in the Terms and Conditions, but could STILL BE sued and closed for not enforcing the "other terms and conditions" that appear there.. Twitter and the other giants got a special deal...

It's almost completely the same as the VACCINE companies got from the Feds.. I'm not completely opposed to DOING THIS -- but if they discriminate by OPINIONS or political affiliations --- as a public accommodation, they should LOSE their Federal legal immunity for content prosecution...

so are you saying platform owners should be able to be sued for the content that appears on their platforms?

Nope. What he is saying is that Twitter tells the Govt that they are like AT&T. They are just a conduit of messages. If I call you to discuss a bank robbery, AT&T is not liable as they are just a platform for communication. But imagine if AT&T blocked every fifth word or didn’t allow people who liked the color red to talk on their phone lines? They would then need to register as a different sort of company. If Twitter is like AT&T, which is their claim then what right do they have to censor anyone? They are just a conduit of information. Someone can get on the phone and state that they want to kill all 7 foot tall people and AT&T would not censor them. Twitter censors frequently and from what I read, mostly conservatives.

Nope. What he is saying is that Twitter tells the Govt that they are like AT&T. They are just a conduit of messages. If I call you to discuss a bank robbery, AT&T is not liable as they are just a platform for communication. But imagine if AT&T blocked every fifth word or didn’t allow people who liked the color red to talk on their phone lines? They would then need to register as a different sort of company. If Twitter is like AT&T, which is their claim then what right do they have to censor anyone? They are just a conduit of information. Someone can get on the phone and state that they want to kill all 7 foot tall people and AT&T would not censor them. Twitter censors frequently and from what I read, mostly conservatives.

you are ignoring a pretty major difference.

If you call someone on ATT and state you want to kill all 7 feet tall people the only two people that would know about it are you and the person you talked to.

If you post the same thing on Twitter the whole world can see it.

I have the utmost respect for this country, that is why I gave 20 years of my life to serve it...something you never found the time to do so do not talk to me about respect for the country.

There is no monopoly, the internet is too big to monopolize. If you do not like what Twitter does, start your own competition, that is the American way. running to the government to save you is not the American way.

Read my post before this one. You’re incorrect.

I just did, and I am not incorrect. you compared apples to oranges.

If you call someone on ATT and state you want to kill all 7 feet tall people the only two people that would know about it are you and the person you talked to.

You missed my pt. Twitter wants to be treated like AT&T when they aren’t like them and I can get on a conf call and tell 1000 people that. Most people don’t have 1000 followers. You just made my point that Twitter should be registered as a different sort off company than AT&T. Thank you.

I just did, and I am not incorrect. you compared apples to oranges.

Then Twitter is wrong. Thanks for making my point. You didn’t read the first sentence of my post.

You missed my pt. Twitter wants to be treated like AT&T when they aren’t like them and I can get on a conf call and tell 1000 people that. Most people don’t have 1000 followers. You just made my point that Twitter should be registered as a different sort off company than AT&T. Thank you.

I disagree with your premise that Twitter wants to be treated like ATT

I disagree with your premise that Twitter wants to be treated like ATT

They do when it comes to regulations. 100%. They say they are just a conduit of content. But they aren’t as they choose which content people can post and which they cannot. As such they are more like a newspaper and should be held to those regulations. NYT and AT&T are not regulated the same way.

Media: How are they regulated? | United States Government

Big Tech is digging their own graves.

Look for Congress to change the law that protects them and to change it DRASTICALLY. Sooner than you think.

Even if Patriotic Americans don't take the House back in 2020 and it remains in the hands of the scum of the Earth, dimocraps don't like the Big Tech Giants any more than we do. Even they are calling for them to be brought to heel.

They have no more defenders.

It has always been Republicans that were for laissez faire oversight of Big Tech. Now, they've stabbed us in the backs.

They will try to suck up to dimocrap FILTH but I don't see that being ultimately successful. They'll try to show that, "Hey! We can be just as corrupt as you dimocrap scum are! Watch this!"

I want to see dimocrap scum try to defend this on the House and Senate Floors.

Too late. The momentum has shifted.

Big Tech is gonna go down. Hard. Split up, sold off, taken over, folded into companies that are less dangerous, more manageable.

A shame it has to be that way, but they brought it on themselves.

They do when it comes to regulations. 100%. They say they are just a conduit of content. But they aren’t as they choose which content people can post and which they cannot. As such they are more like a newspaper and should be held to those regulations. NYT and AT&T are not regulated the same way.

Newspapers produce what they publish or pay for it from other sources. They do not allow anyone to put an article in their paper, they hold 100% editorial control.

Sites like this and Twitter and even FB do not do that. They exercise some control over content but they do not produce the content and they do not pay for the content.

You are still comparing apples to oranges to pineapples.

Should this site be treated like a newspaper and be held responsible for every single thing you or I post?

Forum List

Back