Zone1 Two Classic Movies Are Getting “Diverse” Remakes That No One Wants

If don't like it, don't watch, no biggie. We love "the Great" which has a very multiracial cast for various Russian royalty, and it works.
I guess growing up in a period where Shakespearean production were multiracial broke that barrier for me.

That's because back in the day no one cared. A good movie was a good movie. When alien and aliens came out no one anywhere talked about having a strong female lead, everyone loved those movies because they were good movies.

Now it's forced diversity. The real issue is diversity is their primary interest in making a movie. First used to be making a good movie, but now diversity is more important than the movie being good. That's why the ladies Ghostbusters failed, because as soon as it was announced it was non stop talk about how it was all female Ghostbusters and during the whole thing they forgot to make the movie fun to watch and enjoyable.

When you worry about following socially and politically acceptable rules you're guaranteed to make a product no one can relate to or enjoy.

That's because back in the day no one cared. A good movie was a good movie.
:up:
When alien and aliens came out no one anywhere talked about having a strong female lead, everyone loved those movies because they were good movies.
Now it's forced diversity. The real issue is diversity is their primary interest in making a movie. First used to be making a good movie, but now diversity is more important than the movie being good.
That's why the ladies Ghostbusters failed, because as soon as it was announced it was non stop talk about how it was all female Ghostbusters and during the whole thing they forgot to make the movie fun to watch and enjoyable.
When you worry about following socially and politically acceptable rules you're guaranteed to make a product no one can relate to or enjoy.

Ummm... Those aren't movies Flash... Those are documentaries...
I almost blew a mouthful of water on my keyboard. :aargh:
Well, they've remade It's a Wonderful Life before with Marlo Thomas as the lead...

As you pointed The Wizard of OZ was already redone...

Since neither title is a story of historical significance and are purely entertainment, and since I am not the target audience, I must say that I care enough to say... I don't care... except...

For too long Hollywood has been short of fresh ideas. Hell, some people would argue that there are on seven basic plots in story telling. So why should we be surprised/concerned/upset/whatever when they decide to retell some? If some movie company thinks they can find an audience and profits in recasting and updating a movie/script, so what? Isn't that the American way? Did anyone care when The Last Man on Earth (Vincent Price) was remade into The Omega Man (Charlton Heston) and then I Am Legend (Will Smith)? I didn't think so...

Hell, there are a few movies I would love to see remade... Soylent Green & Logan's Run come to mind...
Marlo Thomas in "It's a Wonderful Life"? Lemme guess: The exec producer was Danny Thomas, huh? :abgg2q.jpg:

I saw an interview with the black writing this drivel. He has a copy of the original scripts. He's going through, line by line, changing the words. That's talent and imagination for you.

He is probably just asking Chat GPT for a black rewrite.
He could copy the whole script into the tranzizzlizer. Here's your post run through it:

" I saw a rap battle wit tha black freestylin dis drivel. Dude has a cold-ass lil copy of tha original gangsta scripts, n' you can put dat on yo' toast. Dat punk goin through, line by line, changin tha lyrics. Thatz talent n' imagination fo' you, biatch.
Dude is probably just askin Chat GPT fo' a funky-ass black rewrite."

Forum List

Back