U.S. considers taking in up to 70,000 Syrian refugees

This administration is idiotic. We just had 2 attacks by Muslims and they want to add 70000 more haters to the count. Aren't we lucky Obama was reelected?

Too bad we didn't bring the million Christians over that were driven out of Iraq.

Iraq?s Christians still searching for a home | Toronto Star

The Iraqi Christian population has shrunk to between 300,000 and 500,000, down from a high of 1.3 million people in 1991, according to recent estimates, raising fears about the possible extinction of one of the most ancient Christian communities in the world.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember, the Republicans on the USMB has given Bush much acclaim for having "freed" the country. Ok, so he loved the Muslims, but the Christians? Not so much. Remember, Bush had the troops and the guns. Yet, curiously, not the oil. And he did get shoes. Oh the shoes.

Once again, blaming Obama for what started under Bush.

Firstly, how do you know that all, most, or even some of these Syrians hate the US? Have they all been radicalized? Do you even know anything about Syrian culture? Or even human nature? Secondly, didn't Jesus say something about loving your enemy, treating foreigners as neighbors, love others as you love yourself. These attitudes aren't very Christian. Once again a conservative, or at least a few of them, are reinforcing the view that conservatives are not compassionate- maybe even without the ability to empathize with their fellow human beings.

Syria is engaged in a civil war right now and a large chuck of the resistance are heavily influenced by Jihadis, yes, and these are the people that will come here or their families, you want to take this risk?
Yes. It is our responsibility as world leaders.

There are people dying over there on a daily basis.

The last time we turned a deaf ear, 6 million Jews died.

We should not allow it to happen again.

The first responsibility has to be to your own!

They just like the illegal immigrants in the US will be a 100% detriment to the welfare of the country and the safety and welfare of the American people for generations to come.

This is why the illegals need to go, the Somalis should never been allowed in and these Syrians should never be brought here.

By all means help them where they are at but that is where the line should be drawn.

We must put America and Americans first and foremost every time, if we don't soon we will have neither!

This is absolute proof that this administration has no clue and is not working in the best interest of the citizens of the United States.

This administration is idiotic. We just had 2 attacks by Muslims and they want to add 70000 more haters to the count. Aren't we lucky Obama was reelected?

Too bad we didn't bring the million Christians over that were driven out of Iraq.

Iraq?s Christians still searching for a home | Toronto Star

The Iraqi Christian population has shrunk to between 300,000 and 500,000, down from a high of 1.3 million people in 1991, according to recent estimates, raising fears about the possible extinction of one of the most ancient Christian communities in the world.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember, the Republicans on the USMB has given Bush much acclaim for having "freed" the country. Ok, so he loved the Muslims, but the Christians? Not so much. Remember, Bush had the troops and the guns. Yet, curiously, not the oil. And he did get shoes. Oh the shoes.

Once again, blaming Obama for what started under Bush.

hey Dean.....2 vacations in a month?.....were you a bad boy?.....

If Mexico suks so bad we should let ALL of them come here....
Then with Mexico empty people who think their country suks can move to Mexico...

geezus.....how old are you?....

I was almost 3 years old when he shipped out... so that makes me 25 now.

fuck....i have stains on my underpants older than you....:lol:

Yeah, I figured a joke like that was coming! But you see me whipping all of these "libtards" elsewhere on these boards, you'd think I was older. I make no secrets about my age. I figure a lot of you are twice or three times my age. No worries though, it's better to be among elders anyhow.

The Arabs have oil rich countries like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait etc that generate billions, why don't they help their brothers?:confused:

and they have plenty of room and the same climate and basically the same culture....

(My bold)

Nope - Saudi is 90% Arab, 10% Afro-Asian; Language: Arabic; Religion: 100% Islam.
Syria: 90.3% Arabic, 9.7% Kurds, Armenians, & other; Language: Arabic (official) Kurdish, Armenian, Aramaic, Circassian, French; Religon: 74% Sunni Muslim; 16% Alawite, Druze & other Muslim sects; 10% Christian.

So you can see, Syria has a much wider mix of ethnicities, languages, religions, & presumably cultures. Syrians wouldn't mix well in Saudi, which funds & propagates a v. strict brand of Wahhabi Islam throughout the World.

So they would blend in better here?:confused:

Since letting Chechen refugees worked out so well with the Tsarnaevs, it should work the same way with Syrians.

Since letting Chechen refugees worked out so well with the Tsarnaevs, it should work the same way with Syrians.

(My bold)

Nope, they're STILL not Chechen. (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsarnaevs) They never were Chechen, they weren't born there, their mom is Avar. The brothers identified as Chechen, but were born & grew up in various Russian Soviet republics.

This info is hardly secret, it's been all over the media since the Boston Marathon bombing. If you can't get the basics straight ...

Forum List

Back