U.S. govt wants LOCKOUT on smartphones to stop text-driving - This is long overdue

It won't stop it. You are the one that needs to think

If we had a lockout feature that prevented anyone from using a cell phone while moving at 10+ mph on a highway , then that would stop it.

Hell with the passengers. No one needs a cell phone anyway.

It won't stop it. You are the one that needs to think

If we had a lockout feature that prevented anyone from using a cell phone while moving at 10+ mph on a highway , then that would stop it.

Hell with the passengers. No one needs a cell phone anyway.

I would never accept that. Passengers in a car or people riding a bus or a train should be able to use their phones

And it's not up to you to tell people what they need or don't need I'm sure I could come up with a list 5 miles long of shit you have that I don't think you need

I would never accept that. Passengers in a car or people riding a bus or a train should be able to use their phones

Why??? Bus passengers may want to play on their phone but they don't need to. To me it's a reasonable price to pay to stop the epidemic of highway homicide due to text-driving. THINK

Why??? Bus passengers may want to play on their phone but they don't need to. To me it's a reasonable price to pay to stop the epidemic of highway homicide due to text-driving. THINK
Like I said it's not up to you to tell people what they need or don't need
And FYI in the last 15 years traffic accidents have gone down from the prior year far more times than they have increased

List of motor vehicle deaths in U.S. by year - Wikipedia

Like I said it's not up to you to tell people what they need or don't need
And FYI in the last 15 years traffic accidents have gone down from the prior year far more times than they have increased

List of motor vehicle deaths in U.S. by year - Wikipedia
. The rudimentary training people got with their new technology (i.e. trained themselves), took sometime to start slowing down their blunders in order to get them trained up enough to actually handle the technology better. The victims of the technology are vast & many are being found in it's wake now. If only training could have been available in order to soften the impact of turning loose a 4000 lb. Vehicle/Weapon into the hands of an addicted smart phone text addict.

HAHAHA What does that prove, you simpleton??? We still have 35,000 highway deaths a year when we could easily reduce that to a few hundred and save billions of dollars in the process. THINK

The rudimentary training people got with their new technology (i.e. trained themselves), took sometime to start slowing down their blunders in order to get them trained up enough to actually handle the technology better. The victims of the technology are vast & many are being found in it's wake now. If only training could have been available in order to soften the impact of turning loose a 4000 lb. Vehicle/Weapon into the hands of an addicted smart phone text addict.

Training???? Do we train people how to drive while playing a guitar?? The idea of text-driving is just idiotic. We need to stiff penalties for text-driving and that's it. THINK

The rudimentary training people got with their new technology (i.e. trained themselves), took sometime to start slowing down their blunders in order to get them trained up enough to actually handle the technology better. The victims of the technology are vast & many are being found in it's wake now. If only training could have been available in order to soften the impact of turning loose a 4000 lb. Vehicle/Weapon into the hands of an addicted smart phone text addict.

Training???? Do we train people how to drive while playing a guitar?? The idea of text-driving is just idiotic. We need to stiff penalties for text-driving and that's it. THINK
. Self training is what has transpired over time, where as multi-tasking had become more easily handled, and that is what slowed down the stats somewhat over time. Your right that no amount of sponsored training could be issued in such a thing, but self training or getting use to the technology has slowed the carnage down some. Stiff penalties for drivers yes, and then enforcement yes. No further than that.

HAHAHA What does that prove, you simpleton??? We still have 35,000 highway deaths a year when we could easily reduce that to a few hundred and save billions of dollars in the process. THINK
A few hundred?

So you think 32000 traffic deaths a year are caused by cell phone use?

You fucking MORON

I would be in favor of it if it would only work for drivers, but it doesn't. I have an LG G3 with drivemode. It automatically comes on when you start driving. The problem is the lockout comes on when you're a passenger as well. So when the driver is panicking not being able to find a destination and you can't help them because your stupid phone is in drive mode, you really have to doubt the technology. Also, drive mode kicks on even when using the phone for google maps navigation!! Talk about going to a job interview in a city you've never been to and as soon as you enter the city your map goes away and suddenly all you see is "drive mode" on the screen. That would CAUSE more accidents than it would prevent because now I have to fiddle with the phone to disable drive mode and get my map back. And it will do it randomly, not right at the start of the trip, and ANY time during the trip.

A few hundred?

I never said that. But banning cell phones in cars would likely save 10,000 lives a year. THINK

I would be in favor of it if it would only work for drivers, but it doesn't.

That would be ideal but till that is feasible, we need to stop all cellphone use in cars. No passenger actually NEEDS to use a cell phone. It's just for fun or convenience. THINK

That would be ideal but till that is feasible, we need to stop all cellphone use in cars. No passenger actually NEEDS to use a cell phone. It's just for fun or convenience. THINK

And I just explained one good reason why a driver could NEED a cell phone in a car, because it's more than a phone. It can be used for turn-by-turn GPS driving directions. Or do you consider a driver fooling around with a paper map while driving to be safer than a phone that automatically tells him what to do without him needing to even look down?

And I just explained one good reason why a driver could NEED a cell phone in a car, because it's more than a phone. It can be used for turn-by-turn GPS driving directions. Or do you consider a driver fooling around with a paper map while driving to be safer than a phone that automatically tells him what to do without him needing to even look down?

Pull off the road and get out your paper map, you fool. THINK

A few hundred?

I never said that. But banning cell phones in cars would likely save 10,000 lives a year. THINK
you said banning cell phones in cars would reduce traffic deaths to a few hundred a year

FYI cell phone involved crash deaths are far fewer than 10000 a year.

you said banning cell phones in cars would reduce traffic deaths to a few hundred a year

You're a yella yankee liah. I never said that. I said we could easily reduce highway deaths to a few hundred a year. I never said banning cell phones would accomplish that all by itself.

Forum List

Back