U.S. intelligence chief: Iran nuclear weapon could start regional war

Kevin, I've already admitted that I support the "interventionist" policies. Many times. The fact that you are pretending that that is news to you further supports my argument that you are intellectually dishonest. I've stated why I support those views. I asked you a question. You refuse to answer. Remember, we aren't the only ones reading this thread.

Kevin, I've already admitted that I support the "interventionist" policies. Many times. The fact that you are pretending that that is news to you further supports my argument that you are intellectually dishonest. I've stated why I support those views. I asked you a question. You refuse to answer. Remember, we aren't the only ones reading this thread.

I am aware that you admitted that you support the interventionist policies. Which is why I said you support America going abroad and attacking nations and murdering civilians, because that's what an interventionist preemptive war policy leads to. You said I had a strawman argument, but you were obviously wrong about that.

How am I intellectually dishonest? I answered your question on what my views are, I'm not sure what other questions you've asked me.

Kevin, I do not accept your definition. I think you are wrong. I also think that not only are you guilty of the straw man fallacy, you are also guilty of ad hominem attack. You have tried to put words into my mouth that I never have spoken, and you are trying to mold my opinion to your world view, my previous statements be damned. You are intellectually dishonest, and you've ran this loop around enough times that I'm done replying to you, and you wonder why Libertarians don't get any traction.

Kevin, I do not accept your definition. I think you are wrong. I also think that not only are you guilty of the straw man fallacy, you are also guilty of ad hominem attack. You have tried to put words into my mouth that I never have spoken, and you are trying to mold my opinion to your world view, my previous statements be damned. You are intellectually dishonest, and you've ran this loop around enough times that I'm done replying to you, and you wonder why Libertarians don't get any traction.

So an interventionist preemptive war foreign policy doesn't lead to attacking nations that have done nothing to us and the murder of civilians? Have you ever heard of Iraq?

Of course you're free to ignore all the facts that you like, but don't call me intellectually dishonest because you don't like the truth.

You also said that you asked me a question that I refused to answer, and apparently that was a lie since you didn't bother repeating the question. Now who's being intellectually dishonest?

A regional war because of a nuclear Iran is very very unlikely.
If you want to read something of interest of a nuclear Iran in interaction with the region, you can read here on US Navy website:
Strategic Insights -- The Middle East's Next Nuclear State

Comeing to the subject of a nuclear race in Middle East:
The countries in the region lack the know-how of answering a nuclear Iran. All countries are dependent on foreign assistance in a motivation of countering a nuclear Iran.

The exception is Turkey.
Turkey has announced its intention to restart its civilian nuclear program. It already has a very significant nuclear infrastructure. Its main research center (Cekmece Nuclear Research and Training Center) has two modern (1986) pilot installations for conversion and fuel fabrication.[51] The involvement of several Turkish firms in the AQ Khan network indicates that there is industrial know-how in the country which could be of use to a uranium enrichment program. However, Ankara claims to be uninterested by enrichment.[52] The country operates two research reactors: a light-water 5 MWth reactor;[53] and a small Triga Mark-II unit, which is being converted to operated on LEU.[54] It also has a small waste treatment facility (Radioactive Waste Processing and Storage Facility). Scientists have made computer simulations of reprocessing with the Purex process.[55] Generally speaking, nuclear science and technology is very active in the country. Also, Turkey is one of the only States in the region to have started setting up the regulatory mechanisms needed for larger-scale nuclear programs, under the aegis of the Turkish Atomic Energy Commission (TAEK). Turkey is moderately worried about the Iranian nuclear program. It has generally good relations with its neighbor. It is covered by a formal nuclear guarantee, backed by a multilateral alliance, and has nuclear weapons on its territory (including for use by Turkish aircraft). However, Ankara may be losing its sense of confidence about NATO. At two occasions—1991 and 2003—its allies were perceived as hesitant to fulfill their security commitments. The new generation of Turkish officers do not trust NATO as much as the previous one.[56] In addition, political relations with the West have become more difficult because of Iraq, controversy about the 1915 events, and a European reluctance to give a clear perspective for entry into the European Union. Turkish public opinion has an extremely negative view of the United States.[57] (It is also opposed to the continued stationing of U.S. nuclear weapons.)[58] Ankara’s perception of the Western security guarantee will be a key for its future nuclear choices.[59] The military option would be an extreme one: a choice in that direction would require a deepening of the crisis in confidence with both the United States and Europe. Additionally, domestic power games may come into play: a nuclear program might be a way to consolidate the place of the military in the political decision-making process. Defiance vis-à-vis Iran is stronger in the so-called “kemalist” circles.[60]
Strategic Insights -- The Middle East's Next Nuclear State

The Iranian Nuclear Programme consists of black-market activities and foreign assistance (Russia). That is the reason Iran has now problems, because with intelligence service everything is traceable.

On March 7th 2007 Turkish research Council granted Turkish Atomic Authority an extra budget of 3 billion YTL to develop an indigenious 100 MW reactor.
Nükleer için TAEK’e 3 milyar YTL kaynak

If the whole technological cycle is in the hands of state institutions, there is no risk of anything being traceable. If Turkey can dig through Bolu Mountain Range highways and railways, it can surely dig through Taurus mountains and place there the relevant infrastructure, if such a need arises.
The need is being observed by Ankara- and Bogazici-University. In accordance to Turkish obligations to the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT), both universities set-up nuclear-test observing station in Belbasi and Keskin, which partly utilizez infrastructure of Kandili earthquake monitoring center. The last underground calibration shot was conducted in 2002.

Forum List

Back