U.S. Marshal Shot And Killed In Harrisburg, PA...

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
Gunman kills U.S. Marshal in Pennsylvania home

A gunman killed a deputy U.S. Marshal and wounded two police officers as law enforcement officials attempted to arrest a different suspect in Pennsylvania early Thursday.

Christopher David Hill, 45, was fatally shot in the line of duty while apprehending fugitive Shayla Lynette Towles Pierce. A York City officer and a Harrisburg officer both suffered non-life threatening injuries.

Authorities were able to return fire and "critically injured" the gunman, who died from his injuries. Pierce was wanted for making terroristic threats with a weapon.

Pierce, wanted for making terroristic threats with a weapon, was handcuffed when officers heard shots. They went to confront the gunman.

"Seen a gentleman running out the alley, down the street," witness Diane Stinson told WGAL. "And then two officers came in pursuit after him. They were shooting. The one officer was across the street, saying, 'Officer down. Officer down. Shots fired. Shots fired.' I'm still standing out there. They were shooting back and forth."

There were children in the house at the time, cops said during a press conference on Thursday.

"No words can adequately express the sadness we feel at this moment as we contemplate the loss of yet another law enforcement officer in the line of duty," Mayor Eric Papenfuse said in a statement.

"I extend my sincerest condolences to the family of the slain U.S. Marshall, to his colleagues and to all law enforcement officers who risk their lives each day to protect and to serve our city and our nation."

And in the same area that police killed that Egyptian dude last month who was shooting at police officers. What a shithole.

Forum List

Back