🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

U.S. Muslims Concerned About Their Place in Society, but Continue to Believe in the American Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real problems with good Muslims whether they live in the US or not is they never and I mean NEVER speak out against terrorism. Every time there is an attack either here or abroad, it's the cricket chorus. Nothing. Nada.

Fairly or unfairly, extremists have set the bar and it is up to good Muslims to stand up and say NO YOU DO NOT REPRESENT ISLAM/ YOU DO NOT REPRESENT US. Until that happens I have no sympathy for silently complicit "good" Muslims.

Muslims do speak out about terrorism. Imams even do sermons when there is a terrorist attack and speak about why its against Islam.

The thing is the media never reports it. It doesn't make good headlines.

Also you conservatives are hypocrites. I am Muslim and on this very forum I have spoken out against the things extremist have done. What was the response? "You're practicing taqeeyah" "You're not practice Islam properly if you're against extremism "

When a Muslims does speak out against extremist, islamaphobes still reject what is said. Islamaphobes still insist that most Muslims believe in an extremist ideology

Assimilate or GTFO
well, I would say owning businesses and speaking English, paying taxes, etc is assimilating ok.
as a whole, the vast majority of muslims, at least here in the DFW, mind their own business. and if you mean assimilate as in quit wearing their traditional clothes(except for the full burka, I got a major problem with that), hell, their style looks better than half of the hipster fuckwads running around deep ellum and bishop arts
I said assimilate. You described assimilation. I fail to see the problem.

If they feel insecure about their place in America that is their problem. Ive worked for plenty of Muslims and they don't seem to have any problems so perhaps the ones that see the Boogeyman all the time are not assimilating.

I know quite a few, also. Back in Abilene, I worked with two Iraqis, and they used to tell me how big American culture was back home....they said they loved disco and "Jackson Michael"

Assimilate or GTFO[/QUOSony

Also there is a portion of Americans who are converts and are not immigrants. So they're American.

I am Muslim, but I don't come from an immigrant family. My parents were converts to Islam.

How are Muslims not assimilating? They work, pay taxes and take care of their families. What more so you want? You want them to start attending church? Take off their hijab? Stop praying?

The real problems with good Muslims whether they live in the US or not is they never and I mean NEVER speak out against terrorism. Every time there is an attack either here or abroad, it's the cricket chorus. Nothing. Nada.

Fairly or unfairly, extremists have set the bar and it is up to good Muslims to stand up and say NO YOU DO NOT REPRESENT ISLAM/ YOU DO NOT REPRESENT US. Until that happens I have no sympathy for silently complicit "good" Muslims.

Muslims do speak out about terrorism. Imams even do sermons when there is a terrorist attack and speak about why its against Islam.

The thing is the media never reports it. It doesn't make good headlines.

Also you conservatives are hypocrites. I am Muslim and on this very forum I have spoken out against the things extremist have done. What was the response? "You're practicing taqeeyah" "You're not practice Islam properly if you're against extremism "

When a Muslims does speak out against extremist, islamaphobes still reject what is said. Islamaphobes still insist that most Muslims believe in an extremist ideology
one thing that I'm not real comfortable with is that some people like to bring up ayats in the koran about war/the treatment of unbelievers etc....while not realizing that according to most Islamic scholars, many of these ayats were concerning a particular group at a particular time, rules of war if you will. The koran also says, "there shall be no compulsion in religion"
personally, I don't give a fuck who you woriship, as long as your beliefs don't propel you to violate my rights or support those who do. That being said, I cant be down with a religion that bans the consumption of whiskey and bacon, and requires you to pray with your ass in the air.

Latest Pew Poll....interesting. It's been ten years since the last poll on American Muslims and, like before...they aren't much different then other American demographics.

U.S. Muslims Concerned About Their Place in Society, but Continue to Believe in the American Dream

The early days of Donald Trump’s presidency have been an anxious time for many Muslim Americans, according to a new Pew Research Center survey. Overall, Muslims in the United States perceive a lot of discrimination against their religious group, are leery of Trump and think their fellow Americans do not see Islam as part of mainstream U.S. society.

At the same time, however, Muslim Americans express a persistent streak of optimism and positive feelings. Overwhelmingly, they say they are proud to be Americans, believe that hard work generally brings success in this country and are satisfied with the way things are going in their own lives – even if they are not satisfied with the direction of the country as a whole.

In addition, half of Muslim Americans say it has become harder to be Muslim in the U.S. in recent years. And 48% say they have experienced at least one incident of discrimination in the past 12 months.

But alongside these reports of discrimination, a similar – and growing – share (49%) of Muslim Americans say someone has expressed support for them because of their religion in the past year. And 55% think Americans in general are friendly toward U.S. Muslims, compared with just 14% who say they are unfriendly.

The Muslim population in the U.S. is growing and highly diverse, made up largely of immigrants and the children of immigrants from all across the world. Indeed, respondents in the survey hail from at least 75 nations – although the vast majority are now U.S. citizens. As a group, Muslims are younger and more racially diverse than the general population.

The survey also shows that Muslims largely share the general public’s concerns about religious extremism. Indeed, if anything, Muslims may be more concerned than non-Muslims about extremism in the name of Islam. Yet most Muslims say there is little support for extremism within the U.S. Muslim community, and few say they think violence against civilians can be justified in pursuit of religious, political or social causes.

While U.S. Muslims are concerned about extremism and overwhelmingly opposed to the use of violence against civilians, they also are somewhat mistrustful of law enforcement officials and skeptical of the integrity of government sting operations. About four-in-ten U.S. Muslims (39%) believe most Muslims who have been arrested in the U.S. on suspicion of plotting terrorist acts posed a real threat. But three-in-ten (30%) say law enforcement officers have arrested mostly people who were tricked and did not pose a real threat. And an additional three-in-ten volunteer that “it depends” or offer another response or no response. Views on this topic among the general public are less divided: A majority of U.S. adults (62%) say officers in sting operations have mostly arrested people who posed a real threat to others.

Muslims say their faith is not only about beliefs and rituals
The diversity of Muslims in the U.S. extends to religious beliefs and practices as well. While nearly all Muslims say they are proud to be Muslim, they are not of one mind about what is essential to being Muslim, and their levels of religious practice vary widely.

Most U.S. Muslims (64%) say there is more than one true way to interpret Islam. They also are more likely to say traditional understandings of Islam need to be reinterpreted in light of modern contexts (52%) than to say traditional understandings are all that is needed (38%).

Muslims also were asked whether each of eight actions and behaviors is an “essential” part of what being Muslim means to them, an “important but not essential” part or “not an important” part. Fully 85% of Muslims say believing in God is essential to what being Muslim means to them, more than say the same about any other item in the survey. And nearly three-quarters say “loving the Prophet Muhammad” is essential to what being Muslim means to them.

And:

Most Muslims say working for justice, protecting the environment among keys to what it means to be Muslim

Why aren't they asked how they feel about Jews, Homosexuals, or Hamas? Because PEW is afraid of the answers.

Polls show little support for extremists (ie Hamas)...other polls have shown that Muslims are in line with most Christian groups in terms of homosexuals, in fact - Evangelicals score worse.

A) They don't consider Hamas to be extremists, ask any Muslim you meet how they feel specifically about Hamas.

B) The majority of Christians support gay marriage, you have to use one sect of Christianity to make your false analogy.

Have you spoken to all Muslims in America about Hamas to make this conclusion.

Every single major Islamic group in America has spoken out against essentially every single act or Islamic terrorism, here and abroad.

The fact that you've been sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming the whole time doesn't mean we haven't heard them.

The real question is, are you actively lying, or just willfully ignorant?
I'm not talking about meaningless token statements from CAIR or the Muslim Brotherhood or those other bullshit cover organizations. I am talking about the people standing up and being counted.

Every single major Islamic group in America has spoken out against essentially every single act or Islamic terrorism, here and abroad.

The fact that you've been sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming the whole time doesn't mean we haven't heard them.

The real question is, are you actively lying, or just willfully ignorant?
I'm not talking about meaningless token statements from CAIR or the Muslim Brotherhood or those other bullshit cover organizations. I am talking about the people standing up and being counted.

"Standing up and being counted"?

What does that mean?

What exactly are you demanding of American Muslims?

Latest Pew Poll....interesting. It's been ten years since the last poll on American Muslims and, like before...they aren't much different then other American demographics.

The early days of Donald Trump’s presidency have been an anxious time for many Muslim Americans, according to a new Pew Research Center survey. Overall, Muslims in the United States perceive a lot of discrimination against their religious group, are leery of Trump and think their fellow Americans do not see Islam as part of mainstream U.S. society.

At the same time, however, Muslim Americans express a persistent streak of optimism and positive feelings. Overwhelmingly, they say they are proud to be Americans, believe that hard work generally brings success in this country and are satisfied with the way things are going in their own lives – even if they are not satisfied with the direction of the country as a whole.

In addition, half of Muslim Americans say it has become harder to be Muslim in the U.S. in recent years. And 48% say they have experienced at least one incident of discrimination in the past 12 months.

But alongside these reports of discrimination, a similar – and growing – share (49%) of Muslim Americans say someone has expressed support for them because of their religion in the past year. And 55% think Americans in general are friendly toward U.S. Muslims, compared with just 14% who say they are unfriendly.

The Muslim population in the U.S. is growing and highly diverse, made up largely of immigrants and the children of immigrants from all across the world. Indeed, respondents in the survey hail from at least 75 nations – although the vast majority are now U.S. citizens. As a group, Muslims are younger and more racially diverse than the general population.

The survey also shows that Muslims largely share the general public’s concerns about religious extremism. Indeed, if anything, Muslims may be more concerned than non-Muslims about extremism in the name of Islam. Yet most Muslims say there is little support for extremism within the U.S. Muslim community, and few say they think violence against civilians can be justified in pursuit of religious, political or social causes.

While U.S. Muslims are concerned about extremism and overwhelmingly opposed to the use of violence against civilians, they also are somewhat mistrustful of law enforcement officials and skeptical of the integrity of government sting operations. About four-in-ten U.S. Muslims (39%) believe most Muslims who have been arrested in the U.S. on suspicion of plotting terrorist acts posed a real threat. But three-in-ten (30%) say law enforcement officers have arrested mostly people who were tricked and did not pose a real threat. And an additional three-in-ten volunteer that “it depends” or offer another response or no response. Views on this topic among the general public are less divided: A majority of U.S. adults (62%) say officers in sting operations have mostly arrested people who posed a real threat to others.

The diversity of Muslims in the U.S. extends to religious beliefs and practices as well. While nearly all Muslims say they are proud to be Muslim, they are not of one mind about what is essential to being Muslim, and their levels of religious practice vary widely.

Most U.S. Muslims (64%) say there is more than one true way to interpret Islam. They also are more likely to say traditional understandings of Islam need to be reinterpreted in light of modern contexts (52%) than to say traditional understandings are all that is needed (38%).

Muslims also were asked whether each of eight actions and behaviors is an “essential” part of what being Muslim means to them, an “important but not essential” part or “not an important” part. Fully 85% of Muslims say believing in God is essential to what being Muslim means to them, more than say the same about any other item in the survey. And nearly three-quarters say “loving the Prophet Muhammad” is essential to what being Muslim means to them.

And:

Most Muslims say working for justice, protecting the environment among keys to what it means to be Muslim

Why aren't they asked how they feel about Jews, Homosexuals, or Hamas? Because PEW is afraid of the answers.

Polls show little support for extremists (ie Hamas)...other polls have shown that Muslims are in line with most Christian groups in terms of homosexuals, in fact - Evangelicals score worse.

A) They don't consider Hamas to be extremists, ask any Muslim you meet how they feel specifically about Hamas.

B) The majority of Christians support gay marriage, you have to use one sect of Christianity to make your false analogy.

How do you feel about hamas? Will you for the record comdemn them as a terrorist organization which has no place in the modern world?

Last edited:

And:

How do you feel about hamas? Will you for the record comdemn them as a terrorist organization which has no place in the modern world?

Yes. I will and have condemned Hamas. They are a terrorist organization. Their tactics hinder instead of help the Palestinian people.

Who knows how long. Republicans working non stop to tear down this country. They want to finish the job they started under Bush.

Yes. I will and have condemned Hamas. They are a terrorist organization. Their tactics hinder instead of help the Palestinian people.

Well then you're one of the few Muslims who believes that, I still don't like your ideology though but in my book you're just like a Christ puncher rather than a fucking Nazi or dirty Commie, I don't like you but unlike 90%+ of Muslims you aren't anathema unless of course you support Sharia, or hate Jews and gays.

Last edited:

And:

Muslims believe in the dream of an American caliphate.

as an American Muslim here is what i have to say.

First of, yes most of us are super proud to be Americans, yes we do disagree about some of our policies towards the middle east and other issues but that's the beauty of democracy.
Second, yes we think Trump presidency affected us negatively and that's why we overwhelmingly voted against him and we will next elections.
Also i gotta be honest with you conservatives, unlike the teachings of christ that you suppose to be following you guys are the least welcoming group. And that's why we are compelled to vote DNC and even live in liberal areas. say what you want about the liberals, but they live and let live, educated and open minded in most cases....and that's why conservatives are losing the minorities vote, and will be too late for them to regain their trust, cause the demographics trend isn't on their side.
God bless you all, and still love all of you, the redneck, the balck, the yellow, the hispanic....until you show that you are a coward, bigo or a racist.

"Overall, Muslims...think their fellow Americans do not see Islam as part of mainstream U.S. society."

Actually, it’s conservative Americans who do not see Islam as part of mainstream U.S. society.

Muslim Americans should indeed fear Trump, just as they should fear the bigotry and hate common to most on the right.

Hamas what? what does that have to do with me being an American Muslim?
Is like me asking you, if you are an american Christian would you condemn the KKK?

A) I'm an atheist.

B) Yes I condemn the KKK, David Duke can suck my cock.

C) Do you condemn Hamas as a terrorist organization which has no place in the modern world?

Also you conservatives are hypocrites. I am Muslim

That explains much

A radical muslim wants to cut your head off. A moderate muslim wants a radical muslim to cut your head off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back