UFOs: I want to go on record right now.

So they turned off the light. People do that, you know.
The question for me is what the light was in the first place not that it extinguished. At first I did think it could be a helio with a search light but, no noise, no running lights. And, BTW, I am not ready to call it alien it's just unidentified and curious. Could even be some 'black op' thingy.

So they turned off the light. People do that, you know.

You can do it too. Just look for one of these things on the wall and switch it to the off position....

Oh you edited your post, give it a rest will ya?

The question for me is what the light was in the first place not that it extinguished. At first I did think it could be a helio with a search light but, no noise, no running lights. And, BTW, I am not ready to call it alien it's just unidentified and curious. Could even be some 'black op' thingy.
Or is could have simply been a cheap little sky lantern. :dunno:

No noise, no running lights.

Or is could have simply been a cheap little sky lantern. :dunno:

No noise, no running lights.

No, it was much brighter and much rounder. We used to do those lanterns using those dry cleaning bags and a small candle. People were calling radio stations to report ufos.....LOL

Last edited:
They could not be explained is not hard evidence that science accepts.

"There is no intelligent life besides us."

How about some reasons why we haven't found any aliens -- https://www.realclearscience.com/blog/2017/06/05/12_possible_reasons_we_havent_found_aliens.html
Your link postulates: "Aliens should be common, yet there is no convincing evidence that they exist" I would say that in the face of what is typically described as an infinite Universe 'common' does not have a salient meaning in the first place.

Producing an alien or spaceship is not even close to ever happened. We do not even have a conclusive piece of video. This is why I've started to disbelieve in aliens.
The rest of your comments just explain why you believe in aliens.
Exactly, JB, until an alien lands like 'Day The Earth Stood Still' there can be no pure OBJECTIVE evidence. As somewhat a fair video and photo expert, I can't think of a thing I've ever seen taken by camera, film or moving picture/video that anyone could say was CONCLUSIVE evidence that no one could dispute! However, one may have conclusive evidence for THEMSELVES. I've seen UFOs four times including once with my father. He called somebody he knew in meteorology and asked them if they could think of anything that fit his description and they couldn't, however, my own personal opinion is that likely one or both of those events were just weather balloons reflecting the glint of sunlight right around sunset.

Another object I saw in broad daylight which was close and low to the ground I'm torn on-- -- it was a long time ago and I was very young and I want to say it was some sort of balloon or loose dirigible or escaped inflated thing from a carnival or party, etc., but there are several big problems with that assumption.

The forth event was the one I told you about through a telescope. There just is no simple rational explanation. Stuff just can't do that, yet SOMETHING did.

If you saw what I saw you would consider it baffling and conclusive proof of some very unnatural thing that either had to be a true "spaceship" or a demonstration of something secret someone has apparently centuries beyond jet aircraft, certainly not a meteor or some weather or optical phenomena, the problem is like you said, conclusive eyewitness direct visual observation may yet be the most positive and sure proof anyone can have short of a landing in your backyard, the problem is that it's just a "story" to everyone else unless they value the integrity of your testimony enough to consider it unimpeachable, and for most people, especially dealing with a stranger, that is a tall order.

So we fall back on usually fuzzy, shaky video of a dot dancing and jiggling in the frame that if faked, could probably be done with modest effort 10,000 different ways to produce a hoax, but it is something physical that others can look at.

Stating aliens don't exist, IMO, is tantamount to the Church stating the Earth was the center of the Universe.

Your link postulates: "Aliens should be common, yet there is no convincing evidence that they exist" I would say that in the face of what is typically described as an infinite Universe 'common' does not have a salient meaning in the first place.
Aliens should be "common" because of evolution, but evolution is a lie. Why else aren't there other life, even unintelligent life, besides us?

Exactly, JB, until an alien lands like 'Day The Earth Stood Still' there can be no pure OBJECTIVE evidence. As somewhat a fair video and photo expert, I can't think of a thing I've ever seen taken by camera, film or moving picture/video that anyone could say was CONCLUSIVE evidence that no one could dispute! However, one may have conclusive evidence for THEMSELVES. I've seen UFOs four times including once with my father. He called somebody he knew in meteorology and asked them if they could think of anything that fit his description and they couldn't, however, my own personal opinion is that likely one or both of those events were just weather balloons reflecting the glint of sunlight right around sunset.

Another object I saw in broad daylight which was close and low to the ground I'm torn on-- -- it was a long time ago and I was very young and I want to say it was some sort of balloon or loose dirigible or escaped inflated thing from a carnival or party, etc., but there are several big problems with that assumption.

The forth event was the one I told you about through a telescope. There just is no simple rational explanation. Stuff just can't do that, yet SOMETHING did.

If you saw what I saw you would consider it baffling and conclusive proof of some very unnatural thing that either had to be a true "spaceship" or a demonstration of something secret someone has apparently centuries beyond jet aircraft, certainly not a meteor or some weather or optical phenomena, the problem is like you said, conclusive eyewitness direct visual observation may yet be the most positive and sure proof anyone can have short of a landing in your backyard, the problem is that it's just a "story" to everyone else unless they value the integrity of your testimony enough to consider it unimpeachable, and for most people, especially dealing with a stranger, that is a tall order.

So we fall back on usually fuzzy, shaky video of a dot dancing and jiggling in the frame that if faked, could probably be done with modest effort 10,000 different ways to produce a hoax, but it is something physical that others can look at.
All you have are your own visions and movies, but you do not have any hard evidence. Couldn't you just have imagined things because of your beliefs?

When I was younger I believed in aliens, but now I don't believe in them. We would've had the evidence by now. Today, we have the Webb telescope. You don't even mention that, so you aren't even looking for evidence for your beliefs.

What interests me are the reports from U.S. military personnel and commercial jet pilots.

Also, one of the more recent documentaries I enjoyed is Phenomenon, from 2020.

All you have are your own visions and movies, but you do not have any hard evidence. Couldn't you just have imagined things because of your beliefs?

When I was younger I believed in aliens, but now I don't believe in them. We would've had the evidence by now. Today, we have the Webb telescope. You don't even mention that, so you aren't even looking for evidence for your beliefs.
Looki, I understand your POV, until there is hard evidence we cannot say aliens actually exist. Same with cryptids however, many animals once thought to be cryptids have since been discovered to actually exist. Some examples: Komodo dragon, mountain gorilla, giant squid, coelacanth all come to mind.

Last edited:
Now you are just being silly. I "imagined" it? Get real. A few years ago I think I actually did a thread somewhere here where I posted photos of the second telescopic aerial object I saw, I must have had my small digital camera handy and took several photos of it afocally through the eyepiece. Some evidence I've found suggests it was just a weather balloon while other things support it being an unknown object.

Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 5.52.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 5.52.54 PM.png

But no one on this earth has "hard evidence."

When I was younger I believed in aliens, but now I don't believe in them. We would've had the evidence by now.
You don't know that at all. You are not being scientific. You sound like one of the people denouncing old myths of "sea monsters" until about ten years ago, researchers finally caught video of 35-45-60 foot long squid deep in the ocean.

Today, we have the Webb telescope. You don't even mention that, so you aren't even looking for evidence for your beliefs.
I talk about Webb all the time. Do you know it already has a big hole in one of its mirrors from an impact with space debris? Webb is like an electron microscope tunneling into deep space. If you think it is ever going to catch a picture of a spaceship flying by, you are foolish.

Everything we know about life suggests that life is common in the universe and happens anywhere and everywhere it can take foot. I fully expect they'll eventually discover underwater life on one or two of Jupiter's moons, maybe even vestiges deep under the martian soil.

There are literally millions of sightings of UFOs by millions of people going back THOUSANDS of years, including often simultaneous sighting by hundreds of people at the same time such as in Mexico or the Phoenix lights. You keep arguing what you don't believe, which is fine. But that doesn't change WHAT I SAW, and nothing on this Earth can make instant speed and direction changes traveling at the speed of a jet.

It comes down to math.
It takes billions of years for a planet to go from a molten rock to a life sustaining planet.
And it has to beat enormous odds to grow and maintain an atmosphere for billions of years to promote single cell growth to eventually evolve to become sentient life.
Whatever species that ends up dominating the planet is going to, essentially, be like us - aggressive, self seeking, war like and to put their needs over all other life forms.
Which means, like us, they will fight each other as much as we do.
Which means wars, slavery - the whole bit.
In other words - like us - it is more likely they will eventually destroy their planet and themselves before they could ever evolve to the kind of extreme advances of interstellar travel.

Now you are just being silly. I "imagined" it? Get real. A few years ago I think I actually did a thread somewhere here where I posted photos of the second telescopic aerial object I saw, I must have had my small digital camera handy and took several photos of it afocally through the eyepiece. Some evidence I've found suggests it was just a weather balloon while other things support it being an unknown object.

View attachment 676768 View attachment 676769

But no one on this earth has "hard evidence."

You don't know that at all. You are not being scientific. You sound like one of the people denouncing old myths of "sea monsters" until about ten years ago, researchers finally caught video of 35-45-60 foot long squid deep in the ocean.

I talk about Webb all the time. Do you know it already has a big hole in one of its mirrors from an impact with space debris? Webb is like an electron microscope tunneling into deep space. If you think it is ever going to catch a picture of a spaceship flying by, you are foolish.

Everything we know about life suggests that life is common in the universe and happens anywhere and everywhere it can take foot. I fully expect they'll eventually discover underwater life on one or two of Jupiter's moons, maybe even vestiges deep under the martian soil.

There are literally millions of sightings of UFOs by millions of people going back THOUSANDS of years, including often simultaneous sighting by hundreds of people at the same time such as in Mexico or the Phoenix lights. You keep arguing what you don't believe, which is fine. But that doesn't change WHAT I SAW, and nothing on this Earth can make instant speed and direction changes traveling at the speed of a jet.
JB tried to tell me my sighting (a rather large, bright round, soundless object) was a Chinese lantern!!! Like you, I know what I saw and it wasn't a lantern.

It comes down to math.
It takes billions of years for a planet to go from a molten rock to a life sustaining planet.
And it has to beat enormous odds to grow and maintain an atmosphere for billions of years to promote single cell growth to eventually evolve to become sentient life.
Whatever species that ends up dominating the planet is going to, essentially, be like us - aggressive, self seeking, war like and to put their needs over all other life forms.
Which means, like us, they will fight each other as much as we do.
Which means wars, slavery - the whole bit.
In other words - like us - it is more likely they will eventually destroy their planet and themselves before they could ever evolve to the kind of extreme advances of interstellar travel.
How do you know we will destroy our planet?

I didn't have the camera, but visiting Hota St Joan, Spain I witnessed a large metallic shape twice the size of an airplane make a 90 degree right turn and fade to a point in under 4 seconds.

Forum List

Back