🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ugly Americans down in Rio.

Actually, Canadians are quite polite travelers and don't think that just because they are from Canada that they are better than everyone else and that everyone in the countries they go to is somehow inferior to them.

Straw man. You start with a false premise so everything after is bull shit.

The first time I heard the words “ugly American/s” to describe any of the American swimmers was in The New York Post, Friday, August 19, 2016 edition. The front page showed a picture of Ryan Lochte with the large-letter Caption: “THE UGLY AMERICAN.” Also included with the photo were the words, “Liar, liar, Speedo on fire.” Here's the link:

Ryan Lochte Blasted As ‘Ugly American’ On ‘NY Post Cover’ Over Robbery Scandal

When the New York Post called Ryan Lochte the ugly American, I thought they were referring to The Ugly American, a 1958 a runaway bestselling book by Eugene Burdick and William Lederer. The book, which was fictional but bore a powerful resemblance to the political realities of the times, described American arrogance, incompetence and corruption in Southeast Asia. Like the Americans in the book, Lochte felt superior to those around him and thought he could do whatever he wanted with no fear of consequences. After all, Lochte was an American, a gold medal winner; a better man than the peons around him, or so he thought. Now that he has seen the tide of public opinion turn against him and realizes he has lost a fortune in potential endorsements perhaps he will become a tad more modest. I said perhaps.

His apology was pathetic. He has yet to swallow the bitter pill he created for himself

Actually, Canadians are quite polite travelers and don't think that just because they are from Canada that they are better than everyone else and that everyone in the countries they go to is somehow inferior to them.

You know, I've actually served 20 years in the U.S. Navy, as well have been to many different countries. I've seen how those who were from America acted, as well as those who were from other countries.

I've seen 26 different countries, how many have you seen?

You know, I've actually served 20 years in the U.S. Navy, as well have been to many different countries. I've seen how those who were from America acted, as well as those who were from other countries.

No, you've seen how SOME Americans acted. I've been overseas numerous times and so have my extended family friends and all of us have never acted disrespectful to the people or the countries we've visited. So stick your biased judgment where the sun don't shine, pal.

And btw, where are all the stories of American athletes behaving disrespectfully to Brazil if Americans are so ugly overseas. Not seeing them. Why? Because most all Americans aren't "ugly".

And your straw man argument is noted. And dismissed. ;)

What a bunch of chickenshit motherfuckers. No better that common criminals.

'We Apologize' To Rio And Brazil, U.S. Olympic Committee Chief Says

We Apologize' To Rio And Brazil, U.S. Olympic Committee Chief Says

Announcing that two swimmers have now flown out of a Rio airport after being detained by police, U.S. Olympic Committee CEO Scott Blackmun is apologizing for how the pair and two other swimmers behaved in Brazil.

"The behavior of these athletes is not acceptable," Blackmun said, referring to swimmers Ryan Lochte, James Feigen, Gunnar Bentz and Jack Conger.
Correction: Ugly white americans down in Rio.....just another example of white boys thinking they own the whole gotdamn planet....while shittin on minorities.

I seem to recall someone screaming "it's not always about white people!"

Who was that?

Forum List

Back