Uh Oh, Melania's speech was plagiarized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Republicans are using the same excuses a freshman English Major uses when caught plagiarizing

It is just a coincidence, I used common words, it is all my work...honest
Personally, I think it's more than just a coincidence. I think it wouldn't look quite so suspicious if the press wasn't so quick to jump on it. I think it's highly possible that Melenia's speech-writer did it on purpose, and the press was ready for it. You can't honestly blame her for the dirty tricks that Democrats are well known for.

This BS will be nothing but a footnote to the degradation of politics in America. Every day the left invents new lows in conduct, yet they repeatedly say over and over that Trump is the one, not them, who is acting like scumbags. If anything, the public sees you on the left as how not to act. The Democrat Party is nothing but a bunch of self-centered assholes that can't get along with anyone around them.
Melania said she's the speech writer. Was she lying like Trump claimed?

If you had ever given a speech you would understand that the speaker has inputs as well as staff and consultants. Ultimately the speaker has the final say on the words of the speech. So no one lied--------------------except Hillary Clinton.

Imagine how trump is punishing her. Poor lady

Trump must be irate that his wife was humiliated like that due to the ineptness of his staff

if it was staff, he'd have fired someone already. This has to be someone in the family...maybe even him.

The following article suggests it was Melania herself:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/20/us/politics/melania-trump-convention-speech.html

might be. i suppose she's just as capable of plagiarizing as the rest of them.

Why does everyone who sees a connection between Michelle Obama's speech and Melania Trump's speech have to see it in a negative light -.-?

Are you being sarcastic?

If you're blind, yeah.

Of the polls on the three pages there are 22 with Trump in the lead and 114 with Clinton in the lead.

You were saying?
And what is the point spread trend? If you're honest, you'll acknowledge that Trump has closed the gap and the polls have tightened to where they're pretty much even. But if you're not honest (like most liberals) you'll cherry pick the ones you like and ignore the trend.
Hillary hasn't named her VP or had her convention yet. Ya might wanna wait until the polls reflect those before leaping to conclusions.

the hildebitch and fauxahontas---------------wow, can't wait.
Who knows what you're rambling about now? :dunno:

Are you thinking Hillary's going to pick Warren as her VP?

I hope she does :biggrin:

Interesting, I went to this site:Report | Grammarly

And put in both speeches by both the current first lady and the soon to be first lady.

In both cases the checker said that there was significant plagiarism.

Do it for yourself, don't take anyone's word for it.

Looks like Melania Trump really did rip off Michelle Obama's speech

Transcript: Michelle Obama's Convention Speech

It is so freakin' amazing how the MSM is out front in the propaganda war. Politcfact and Snopes is right there to fact check anything said about Clinton, yet not so quick with other canidates.

Now this BS. Both speeches ended with Thank you, God bless you, and God bless America. My gosh just that plagiarism should have the left crapping their pants.

Who did Michelle Obama allegedly plagiarize from?

Trump must be irate that his wife was humiliated like that due to the ineptness of his staff

if it was staff, he'd have fired someone already. This has to be someone in the family...maybe even him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/20/us/politics/melania-trump-convention-speech.html

Why does everyone who sees a connection between Michelle Obama's speech and Melania Trump's speech have to see it in a negative light -.-?

Are you being sarcastic?

No.

On the topic of plagiarism. If 6 months ago I heard you say " I like ice cream" and then today I say " I like ice cream" is it plagiarism? or do we just agree on liking ice cream?

this entire topic is a foolish waste of time and is a fine example of the desperation of the dems in this campaign. They know that HRC is a liar and a criminal, so they have to resort to juvenile attacks on Trump's family.

We get it dems. you screwed up with this bitch, but it was her "turn" right?

At least we learned our lesson on the "turn" bullshit with Dole and McCain.
That of course, is not what Melania did. Now then, if you repeated two paragraphs of someone talking about ice cream, then yes, it would be plagiarism.

And put in both speeches by both the current first lady and the soon to be first lady.

It is so freakin' amazing how the MSM is out front in the propaganda war. Politcfact and Snopes is right there to fact check anything said about Clinton, yet not so quick with other canidates.

Now this BS. Both speeches ended with Thank you, God bless you, and God bless America. My gosh just that plagiarism should have the left crapping their pants.

don't know, they don't give that detail as I saw. I think that point is that similar thoughts and feeling can only be expressed in similar ways which would result in the threat of looking like plagiarism.

On the topic of plagiarism. If 6 months ago I heard you say " I like ice cream" and then today I say " I like ice cream" is it plagiarism? or do we just agree on liking ice cream?

this entire topic is a foolish waste of time and is a fine example of the desperation of the dems in this campaign. They know that HRC is a liar and a criminal, so they have to resort to juvenile attacks on Trump's family.

That of course, is not what Melania did. Now then, if you repeated two paragraphs of someone talking about ice cream, then yes, it would be plagiarism.

Can you quote 2 paragraphs of Melana's speech that were identical to Michelle's?

Are you being sarcastic?

No.

I actually agree with you I was being sarcastic. I expect no other reaction from either side of the aisle.

Nice disconnect. You know we were talking about PlagiarGate lasting longer, right? That has nothing to do with Trump winning the GOP nomination.

My sympathies to the GOP, btw.
Sorry, but important things are going on while you're being an ass.
And yet, despite the right's consternations, PlagiarGate persists.

only in your small mind
That this thread continues proves what an idiot you are.

the plagiarisms of dems have already been listed. this is a non issue, no one is going to change their vote because of this.

time to move on.
"Move on" from what? Didn't you declare this topic is already dead?

if it was ver batim of 2 paragraphs you might have a point, but it wasn't 2 paragraphs, it was a few words. The two women agreed on a point and used the same words to express it. "I like ice cream".

don't know, they don't give that detail as I saw.

As someone here said previously, I imagine she was found to be "plagiarizing" herself :p.

I think that point is that similar thoughts and feeling can only be expressed in similar ways which would result in the threat of looking like plagiarism.

I'm not a linguist and can't speak to the probability of Melania's speech having nothing to do with Michelle's, but my guess is the odds are incredibly slim. In any case, I think we can all agree it would be good if someone actually -asked- Melania if she was inspired, atleast in part, by Michelle's speech.

if it was ver batim of 2 paragraphs you might have a point, but it wasn't 2 paragraphs, it was a few words. The two women agreed on a point and used the same words to express it. "I like ice cream".

I think you've got the gist of it.

Republicans are using the same excuses a freshman English Major uses when caught plagiarizing

Personally, I think it's more than just a coincidence. I think it wouldn't look quite so suspicious if the press wasn't so quick to jump on it. I think it's highly possible that Melenia's speech-writer did it on purpose, and the press was ready for it. You can't honestly blame her for the dirty tricks that Democrats are well known for.

This BS will be nothing but a footnote to the degradation of politics in America. Every day the left invents new lows in conduct, yet they repeatedly say over and over that Trump is the one, not them, who is acting like scumbags. If anything, the public sees you on the left as how not to act. The Democrat Party is nothing but a bunch of self-centered assholes that can't get along with anyone around them.
It's laziness and sloppiness on the part of the Trump campaign. It shows how little depth they have.
It's not bullshit, the press is doing its job. Melania did not just use a similar theme, she used the exact same phrases in exactly the same order

Even a freshman English Major would have known how to disguise it better
Imagine how trump is punishing her. Poor lady

Nope. She just got a dose of what her husband has been dealing with. It's a learning experience.

Personally, I think it's more than just a coincidence. I think it wouldn't look quite so suspicious if the press wasn't so quick to jump on it. I think it's highly possible that Melenia's speech-writer did it on purpose, and the press was ready for it.

Perhaps Melania had a speech writer that the press doesn't know about. As to her -official- speech writers, however, 2 reporters from the New York Times found out the following:
It was the biggest speech of Melania Trump’s life, and her husband, Donald, wanted it to be perfect.

The Trump campaign turned to two high-powered speechwriters, who had helped write signature political oratory like George W. Bush’s speech to the nation on Sept. 11, 2001, to introduce Ms. Trump, a Slovenian-born former model, to the nation on the opening night of the Republican National Convention.

It did not go as planned, and it has eclipsed much of the action at the party gathering in Cleveland, where delegates on Tuesday night formally nominated Mr. Trump for president.

The speechwriters, Matthew Scully and John McConnell, sent Ms. Trump a draft last month, eager for her approval.

Weeks went by. They heard nothing.

Inside Trump Tower, it turned out, Ms. Trump had decided she was uncomfortable with the text, and began tearing it apart, leaving a small fraction of the original.

Her quiet plan to wrest the speech away and make it her own set in motion the most embarrassing moment of the convention: word-for-word repetition of phrases and borrowed themes from Michelle Obama’s speech at the Democratic convention eight years ago.

Source: How Melania Trump’s Speech Veered Off Course and Caused an Uproar | New York Times

Personally, I think it's more than just a coincidence. I think it wouldn't look quite so suspicious if the press wasn't so quick to jump on it. I think it's highly possible that Melenia's speech-writer did it on purpose, and the press was ready for it.

Perhaps Melania had a speech writer that the press doesn't know about. As to her -official- speech writers, however, 2 reporters from the New York Times found out the following:
It was the biggest speech of Melania Trump’s life, and her husband, Donald, wanted it to be perfect.

The Trump campaign turned to two high-powered speechwriters, who had helped write signature political oratory like George W. Bush’s speech to the nation on Sept. 11, 2001, to introduce Ms. Trump, a Slovenian-born former model, to the nation on the opening night of the Republican National Convention.

It did not go as planned, and it has eclipsed much of the action at the party gathering in Cleveland, where delegates on Tuesday night formally nominated Mr. Trump for president.

The speechwriters, Matthew Scully and John McConnell, sent Ms. Trump a draft last month, eager for her approval.

Inside Trump Tower, it turned out, Ms. Trump had decided she was uncomfortable with the text, and began tearing it apart, leaving a small fraction of the original.

Her quiet plan to wrest the speech away and make it her own set in motion the most embarrassing moment of the convention: word-for-word repetition of phrases and borrowed themes from Michelle Obama’s speech at the Democratic convention eight years ago.

Source: How Melania Trump’s Speech Veered Off Course and Caused an Uproar | New York Times
And the NY TIMES would never lie.....

Making stories out of lies is their specialty.

We have muslim terrorist murdering people all over the world. we have BLM murdering cops in American cities, we are 20 trillion in debt, the world is laughing at us, and we are focused on this?

This partisan PC bullshit is destroying our country. Wake up America.

And what is the point spread trend? If you're honest, you'll acknowledge that Trump has closed the gap and the polls have tightened to where they're pretty much even. But if you're not honest (like most liberals) you'll cherry pick the ones you like and ignore the trend.

It's called a Convention spike. That aside, he's toast come Nov.
Says the Aussie idiot living in the outback...

I found this bit of information concerning Melania's speech from an article done by 4 reporters at the New York Times:
**Matthew Scully and John McConnell, who had worked together as speechwriters during Mr. Bush’s first term, wrote a draft of Ms. Trump’s speech in June, sending it to the campaign for review about a month ago.

The pair did not hear back from the campaign until about 10 days ago, according to one person familiar with the conversation, when they were told that the lineup of speeches and the timing of Ms. Trump’s speech had been changed, leading to the speech having to be shortened. Ms. Trump then worked with a person from within the Trump organization to make substantial revisions.

Source: Questions Over Melania Trump’s Speech Set Off Finger-Pointing | New York Times

So someone worked with Melania to change the speech that Trump's speechwriters had given to Melania, we just don't know who that someone was. I don't think it should matter that much, but it gives more information as to the origins of the speech...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back