Uh Oh, Melania's speech was plagiarized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think it's more than just a coincidence. I think it wouldn't look quite so suspicious if the press wasn't so quick to jump on it. I think it's highly possible that Melenia's speech-writer did it on purpose, and the press was ready for it. You can't honestly blame her for the dirty tricks that Democrats are well known for.

This BS will be nothing but a footnote to the degradation of politics in America. Every day the left invents new lows in conduct, yet they repeatedly say over and over that Trump is the one, not them, who is acting like scumbags. If anything, the public sees you on the left as how not to act. The Democrat Party is nothing but a bunch of self-centered assholes that can't get along with anyone around them.
It's laziness and sloppiness on the part of the Trump campaign. It shows how little depth they have.
It's not bullshit, the press is doing its job. Melania did not just use a similar theme, she used the exact same phrases in exactly the same order

Even a freshman English Major would have known how to disguise it better
Imagine how trump is punishing her. Poor lady

Trump must be irate that his wife was humiliated like that due to the ineptness of his staff

if it was staff, he'd have fired someone already. This has to be someone in the family...maybe even him.

The following article suggests it was Melania herself:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/20/us/politics/melania-trump-convention-speech.html

might be. i suppose she's just as capable of plagiarizing as the rest of them.

Much of it was taken from Mrs. Obama's 2008 speech. 22 out of 26 words directly lifted.

As others have mentioned, the speech was a tad longer then 26 words. I found the full speech and had my word processor do a word count, it's around 1,370 words. Anyway, it has frequently been said that imitation is the highest form of flattery, and I'm a firm believer in this. Instead of beating down on the fact that some parts look a lot like what Michelle said (and yes, there are some phrases that are identical, "that your word is your bond" comes to mind), I wish people would focus on the fact that this was -not- the speech that Trump's speechwriters had made for her:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/20/us/politics/melania-trump-convention-speech.html

This was what -she- wanted to say. The fact that what she wanted to say sounded a lot like what Michelle Obama said 8 years ago is encouraging, in my view. It suggests that Melania's views are actually a lot closer to those of Michelle than anyone had previously imagined. Have any articles been written about -that- possibility?

Or, she was just stating the truth what was in her heart and it just sounded like what Mrs. Obama said 8 years ago.

I find it very difficult to believe that she wasn't directly inspired by Michelle Obama's speech. Has anyone asked her if she had seen or read Michelle's speech, and if it had inspired atleast some of what was in her speech?

If you're blind, yeah.

Of the polls on the three pages there are 22 with Trump in the lead and 114 with Clinton in the lead.

You were saying?
And what is the point spread trend? If you're honest, you'll acknowledge that Trump has closed the gap and the polls have tightened to where they're pretty much even. But if you're not honest (like most liberals) you'll cherry pick the ones you like and ignore the trend.
Hillary hasn't named her VP or had her convention yet. Ya might wanna wait until the polls reflect those before leaping to conclusions.

It's laziness and sloppiness on the part of the Trump campaign. It shows how little depth they have.
It's not bullshit, the press is doing its job. Melania did not just use a similar theme, she used the exact same phrases in exactly the same order

Even a freshman English Major would have known how to disguise it better

Trump must be irate that his wife was humiliated like that due to the ineptness of his staff

if it was staff, he'd have fired someone already. This has to be someone in the family...maybe even him.

Why does everyone who sees a connection between Michelle Obama's speech and Melania Trump's speech have to see it in a negative light -.-?

On the topic of plagiarism. If 6 months ago I heard you say " I like ice cream" and then today I say " I like ice cream" is it plagiarism? or do we just agree on liking ice cream?

this entire topic is a foolish waste of time and is a fine example of the desperation of the dems in this campaign. They know that HRC is a liar and a criminal, so they have to resort to juvenile attacks on Trump's family.

We get it dems. you screwed up with this bitch, but it was her "turn" right?

At least we learned our lesson on the "turn" bullshit with Dole and McCain.

Why does everyone who sees a connection between Michelle Obama's speech and Melania Trump's speech have to see it in a negative light -.-?

democrat desperation

On the topic of plagiarism. If 6 months ago I heard you say " I like ice cream" and then today I say " I like ice cream" is it plagiarism? or do we just agree on liking ice cream?

Exactly. Now if only -Trump- would be so keen on things like his word being his bond -.-...

This issue is done. One by one the stupid fucking left will leave. NOW that We have exposed their double standards again.

Lol

Bye bye lefties. Your pathetic attempt has failed miserabley.

Now, go to your fucking echo chambers. Your bullshit has been exposed.

Again.
Wish for that all you want -- it's still splattered all over the news.

2jdfbiw.png

And ^^^ that's ^^^ right wing Fox. :lmao:
Trump has over 1500 delegates.....so he's won the nomination.
Nice disconnect. You know we were talking about PlagiarGate lasting longer, right? That has nothing to do with Trump winning the GOP nomination.

My sympathies to the GOP, btw.
Sorry, but important things are going on while you're being an ass.
And yet, despite the right's consternations, PlagiarGate persists.

If you're blind, yeah.

Of the polls on the three pages there are 22 with Trump in the lead and 114 with Clinton in the lead.

You were saying?
And what is the point spread trend? If you're honest, you'll acknowledge that Trump has closed the gap and the polls have tightened to where they're pretty much even. But if you're not honest (like most liberals) you'll cherry pick the ones you like and ignore the trend.
Hillary hasn't named her VP or had her convention yet. Ya might wanna wait until the polls reflect those before leaping to conclusions.

the hildebitch and fauxahontas---------------wow, can't wait.

This issue is done. One by one the stupid fucking left will leave. NOW that We have exposed their double standards again.

Lol

Bye bye lefties. Your pathetic attempt has failed miserabley.

Now, go to your fucking echo chambers. Your bullshit has been exposed.

Again.

2jdfbiw.png

Nice disconnect. You know we were talking about PlagiarGate lasting longer, right? That has nothing to do with Trump winning the GOP nomination.

only in your small mind

xactly what I meant by :lalala:
Thanks for confirming.
First Lady to be Trump didn't plagiarize, so your video is a lie. Thanks for playing.
51B6eog0AcL.jpg
This is what psychologists call projection.
Well you do come off as a psycho ... soooo ... it's not surprising you think that.
Lousy comeback.

A Hillary supporter has to be in denial to function. Nobody in their right mind would even consider putting someone that fucked up in the Oval Office. So obviously you aren't in your right mind. The only support system you seem to have is all of the other psychos in the Democrat Party.
Say what? How did Hillary "fuck up in the Oval Office?"

democrat desperation

I supported Bernie, but am still encouraged by Melania's speech. It certainly won't make me support Trump, but perhaps Melania will one day get tired of Trump as well, and join Trump's list of ex wives...

2jdfbiw.png

only in your small mind
That this thread continues proves what an idiot you are.

Exactly. Now if only -Trump- would be so keen on things like his word being his bond -.-...

according to people he does business with, his word is his bond. He honors contracts he signs and expects others to do the same.

Republicans are using the same excuses a freshman English Major uses when caught plagiarizing

It is just a coincidence, I used common words, it is all my work...honest
Personally, I think it's more than just a coincidence. I think it wouldn't look quite so suspicious if the press wasn't so quick to jump on it. I think it's highly possible that Melenia's speech-writer did it on purpose, and the press was ready for it. You can't honestly blame her for the dirty tricks that Democrats are well known for.

This BS will be nothing but a footnote to the degradation of politics in America. Every day the left invents new lows in conduct, yet they repeatedly say over and over that Trump is the one, not them, who is acting like scumbags. If anything, the public sees you on the left as how not to act. The Democrat Party is nothing but a bunch of self-centered assholes that can't get along with anyone around them.
Melania said she's the speech writer. Was she lying like Trump claimed?

only in your small mind
That this thread continues proves what an idiot you are.

the plagiarisms of dems have already been listed. this is a non issue, no one is going to change their vote because of this.

time to move on.

Interesting, I went to this site:Report | Grammarly

And put in both speeches by both the current first lady and the soon to be first lady.

In both cases the checker said that there was significant plagiarism.

Do it for yourself, don't take anyone's word for it.

Looks like Melania Trump really did rip off Michelle Obama's speech

Transcript: Michelle Obama's Convention Speech

It is so freakin' amazing how the MSM is out front in the propaganda war. Politcfact and Snopes is right there to fact check anything said about Clinton, yet not so quick with other canidates.

Now this BS. Both speeches ended with Thank you, God bless you, and God bless America. My gosh just that plagiarism should have the left crapping their pants.

according to people he does business with, his word is his bond. He honors contracts he signs and expects others to do the same.

Politifact doesn't see things quite that way...
Donald Trump has been a real estate developer, entrepreneur and host of the NBC reality show, "The Apprentice." He is the presumptive nominee for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016. Trump's statements were awarded PolitiFact's 2015 Lie of the Year.
Trump's statements by ruling
Click on the ruling to see all of Trump's statements for that ruling.

Source: Donald Trump's file | PolitiFact

If you're blind, yeah.

You were saying?

the hildebitch and fauxahontas---------------wow, can't wait.
Who knows what you're rambling about now? :dunno:

Are you thinking Hillary's going to pick Warren as her VP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back