UK and other countries banning Kitchen Knives

Hmmm banned guns, so knife deaths started going up..
Guess that goes to show you, when people wanna kill, they are! Regardless what kind of BS laws that are in place.. Oh yea, criminals dont obey laws! <face palm>

Here is the source article: BBC NEWS | Health | Doctors' kitchen knives ban call

The use of knives is particularly worrying amongst adolescents, say the researchers, reporting that 24% of 16-year-olds have been shown to carry weapons, primarily knives.

When I was a kid, 100 percent of all the boys I knew had a pocketknife. I still carry one.

Two, actually.

And we did not call them "weapons". They are tools.

A team from West Middlesex University Hospital said violent crime is on the increase - and kitchen knives are used in as many as half of all stabbings.

They argued many assaults are committed impulsively, prompted by alcohol and drugs, and a kitchen knife often makes an all too available weapon.

The research is published in the British Medical Journal.

I have not found that research: Home | BMJ

The BBC article is from 2005. Why are you bringing it up now?

Found the BMJ article: Reducing knife crime | BMJ

We need to ban the sale of long pointed kitchen knives

“Britain in the grip of knives terror—third of murder victims are now stabbed to death.” Daily Express, 31 January 2005

“Stabbing rampage kills one, injures five—a large kitchen knife was found.” Independent, 24 December 2004

Violent crime in the United Kingdom is increasing; figures from London show a 17.9% increase from 2003 to 2004,1 and one easily accessible weapon used in many incidents is the kitchen knife. Unfortunately, no data seem to have been collected to indicate how often kitchen knives are used in stabbings, but our own experience and that of police officers and pathologists we have spoken to indicates that they are used in at least half of all cases. UK government statistics show that 24% of 16 year old boys report carrying knives or other weapons and 19% admitting attacking someone with the intent to harm.2 Although other weapons—such as baseball bats, screwdrivers, and chains—are also carried, by far the most common weapons are knives.

Just showing you how far they will go to blame the symptoms and not the cause. Seeing that liberals say they wont' try to ban knives after guns, I thought it should be brought up that they have been trying to ban knives in the UK, which already banned guns.

Last edited:

Dude, that is based on the exact same 2005 editorial.

Look at the last link in your link. It goes right to a 2005 BBC News article, which then refers to the BMJ editorial to which I linked above.

Okay, guys? Got it now?

Some Emergency Room registrar complained in an editorial about kitchen knives way back in 2005. In the United Kingdom.

No politician took up the cause. No legislation was drafted, much less enacted.

Jesus. Talk about reaching! All the way back to 2005 to an editorial in a UK journal? Really?

Front Page Mag (whatever that is) just made an ass of itself.

Last edited:

Look at the last link in your link. It goes right to a 2005 BBC News article, which then refers to the BMJ editorial to which I linked above.

Okay, guys? Got it now?

Some Emergency Room registrar complained in an editorial about kitchen knives way back in 2005. In the United Kingdom.

No politician took up the cause. No legislation was enacted.

Jesus. Talk about reaching! All the way back to 2005 to an editorial in the UK? Really?

Well slick why are they talking about 2007 in that source I posted?
In 2007, you needed a license to be able to sell “non-domestic knives.”

Despite all that knifepoint robberies rose by 10 percent this year and there are some 60,000 stabbings each year. So the push is on to outlaw long kitchen knives. Once that’s done, surely utopia will be at hand.

Okay, guys? Got it now?

Jesus. Talk about reaching! All the way back to 2005 to an editorial in the UK? Really?

Despite all that knifepoint robberies rose by 10 percent this year and there are some 60,000 stabbings each year. So the push is on to outlaw long kitchen knives. Once that’s done, surely utopia will be at hand.

Backpedaling now, eh?

Well, slick, do you know what they mean when they say "non-domestic knives"?

They aren't talking about knives from foreign countries. They are talking about knives that are specifically NOT for use in the kitchen. Surprise!

You know, things like switchblades and other knives which are intended as weapons.

Did you know that many of our own states ban switchblades (automatics)? State and local laws about the license requirements to sell knives vary.

Okay, guys? Got it now?

Backpedaling now, eh?

They aren't talking about knives from foreign countries. They are talking about knives that are specifically NOT for use in the kitchen. Surprise!

You know, things like switchblades and other knives which are intended as weapons.

Did you know that many of our own states ban switchblades (automatics)? State and local laws about the license requirements to sell knives vary.
Back peddling? You said it was an article from 2005 how can it be from 2005 if they are talking about 2007? Confused much?

Backpedaling now, eh?

Back peddling? You said it was an article from 2005 how can it be from 2005 if they are talking about 2007? Confused much?

Look at your own link's title:

British Doctors Call for Ban on Long Kitchen Knives to End Stabbings.

2005. BMJ editorial. No legislation drafted, much less enacted. ONE person calling for the end of kitchen knives.

The other stuff in your article was a shoddy attempt at a slippery slope fallacy all leading up to THEY'RE CUMMIN FER YER KITCEN KNIFEZ!!!

Last edited:
Backpedaling now, eh?

Look at your own link's title: British Doctors Call for Ban on Long Kitchen Knives to End Stabbings.

2005. BMJ editorial. No legislation drafted, much less enacted. ONE person calling for the end of kitchen knives.

The other stuff in your article was a shoddy attempt at a slippery slope fallacy all leading up to THEY'RE CUMMINI FER YER KITCEN KNIFEZ!!!

Which comes first 2005 or 2007? If the lin was from 2005 why are they giving stats from 2007?

Look at your own link's title: British Doctors Call for Ban on Long Kitchen Knives to End Stabbings.

The other stuff in your article was a shoddy attempt at a slippery slope fallacy all leading up to THEY'RE CUMMINI FER YER KITCEN KNIFEZ!!!

Which comes first 2005 or 2007? If the lin was from 2005 why are they giving stats from 2007?

Yes. Why are they? Because they are stoopid. Like I said, they made a shoddy attempt at a slippery slope fallacy. Trying to draw a line, and badly. Just like you are trying.

And how come no one noticed until I pointed it out? Because they are parrots.

Last edited:

Yes. Why are they? Because they are stoopid. Like I said, they made a shoddy attempt at a slippery slope fallacy. Trying to draw a line, and badly. Just like you are trying.

And how come no one noticed until I pointed it out? Because they are parrots.
Now whose back peddling? So my link wasn't from 2005 like you first wanted it too be?

Notice the title of this topic is speaking in the present tense.

Notice your link speaks in the present tense:

Notice this is also in the present tense in another topic:

If hat sounds ridiculous, the UK is now banning Kitchen Knives, because they are most frequently used in murders.

BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | The point of knives

See how this shit never ends? This is why we cant' let it get started here.

See that? Totally fell for the slippery slope fallacy the puppeteers intended for you to.

Didn't fact check.

I did.

Forum List

Back