UK and other countries banning Kitchen Knives

Notice the title of this topic is speaking in the present tense.

Notice your link speaks in the present tense:

Notice this is also in the present tense in another topic:

If hat sounds ridiculous, the UK is now banning Kitchen Knives, because they are most frequently used in murders.

BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | The point of knives

See how this shit never ends? This is why we cant' let it get started here.

See that? Totally fell for the slippery slope fallacy the puppeteers intended for you to.

Didn't fact check.

I did.

My source is from 2012 you can whine about it all you want.

Which comes first 2005 or 2007? If the lin was from 2005 why are they giving stats from 2007?

Yes. Why are they? Because they are stoopid. Like I said, they made a shoddy attempt at a slippery slope fallacy. Trying to draw a line, and badly. Just like you are trying.

And how come no one noticed until I pointed it out? Because they are parrots.
Now whose back peddling? So my link wasn't from 2005 like you first wanted it too be?

I plainly said that article was "based on the exact same 2005 editorial". The title is an obvious reference, and so is the last link in the article.

Your link was building a bogus slippery slope fallacy leading up to the title climax, counting on you not to actually look into it.

I did, and ruined your fantasy. There is no kitchen knife ban. Never was. And no one was looking into doing one. Not now, not in 2012, not in 2007, not in 2005.

Sorry.

Last edited:

Your link lists several "knife control" laws, starting with one in 1959, then one in 1988, then one in 1996, then one in 2007. An obvious attempt to draw a straight timeline and a slippery slope, culminating in:

Despite all that knifepoint robberies rose by 10 percent this year and there are some 60,000 stabbings each year. So the push is on to outlaw long kitchen knives. Once that’s done, surely utopia will be at hand.

At this point they quote extensively from the BBC article about the kitchen knife ban, making no mention it is from 2005.

"The push is on." Present tense. Trying to get you to believe a kitchen knife ban is in the works NOW.

No one is talking about outlawing all kitchen knives. Just the ones with long blades.

Again speaking in the present tense.

You fell for it, bigreb. You couldn't wait to smack me down with this 2012 article to prove it was going on now.

Oopsie!

Your link lists several "knife control" laws, starting with one in 1959, then one in 1988, then one in 1996, then one in 2007. An obvious attempt to draw a straight timeline and a slippery slope, culminating in:

Despite all that knifepoint robberies rose by 10 percent this year and there are some 60,000 stabbings each year. So the push is on to outlaw long kitchen knives. Once that’s done, surely utopia will be at hand.

At this point they quote extensively from the BBC article about the kitchen knife ban, making no mention it is from 2005.

"The push is on." Present tense. Trying to get you to believe a kitchen knife ban is in the works NOW.

No one is talking about outlawing all kitchen knives. Just the ones with long blades.

Again speaking in the present tense.

You fell for it, bigreb. You couldn't wait to smack me down with this 2012 article to prove it was going on now.

Oopsie!

But not just from 2005 like you wanted someone to think that it was.

Knives with blades over 3.5 inchees ? in lengh are currently banned in most if not all of the USA if concealed.

You are required to have a concealed carry permit to carry them concelaed.

This thread is much ado about nothing.
Drama queen stuff.

Last edited:
Knives with blades over 3.5 inchees ? in lengh are currently banned in most if not all of the USA if concealed.

You are required to have a concealed carry permit to carry them concelaed.

This thread is much ado about nothing.
Drama queen stuff.

I have several knives ones a that are well over 6 inches, and yes I keep at least one in my pocket at all times.

By Philip Hodges
December 27, 2012

At least they’re being consistent. They thought guns were dangerous, so they banned guns. Now, they’re acknowledging that knives have taken the place of guns and are dangerous and should also be banned. BBC News reported:

“The researchers said there was no reason for long pointed knives to be publicly available at all. They consulted 10 top chefs from around the UK, and found such knives have little practical value in the kitchen. None of the chefs felt such knives were essential, since the point of a short blade was just as useful when a sharp end was needed. The researchers said a short pointed knife may cause a substantial superficial wound if used in an assault – but is unlikely to penetrate to inner organs. In contrast, a pointed long blade pierces the body like ‘cutting into a ripe melon.’”

After they’ve banned long, pointy kitchen knives, are they going to ban sharp pencils? Nail files? Screwdrivers? Fists? They can keep banning all these objects, but people will always find other means of inflicting injury or death if that’s what they really want to do.

I think the U.S. is a long way away from banning kitchen knives. They’d first have to confiscate all the guns, and that’s just not going to be possible anytime soon.

I really don’t think that those in power over us want an all-out bloody war in order to disarm us. They know they have to be careful. They would much rather “conquer” us through our consent. They just want us to submit.

Read more:
UK Considers Banning Kitchen Knives - Godfather Politics

by Paul Conneally
December 28, 2008

Gordon Brown's Government came under fire before Christmas for massaging knife crime figures and only now are the true figures emerging. These figures, obtained by the Tory party under the freedom of information act, show that knife crime in the UK has risen by 40% in a decade and currently sits at 6 deaths per week.

The 322 fatal stabbings recorded by police last year is the highest number since records began in 1977, and up by almost 40 per cent in a decade.

Source: Home | Mail Online

Last night, the Conservative Party, which obtained the figures, called for a new drive to curb knife crime, criticising the "short-term, ad hoc" operations of recent years. The Government will today propose tougher community sentences for knife-related offences. But the Tories insisted there should be an automatic presumption that anyone convicted of having a knife would go to jail.

The police figures showed that the number of people stabbed to death rose from 201 in 1998-99 to 277 over the past year. In the Metropolitan Police area, the number rose from 68 in 2006-07 to 86 this year. The figures are based on crimes initially recorded by officers as "homicide caused by a sharp instrument" –

[Excerpt]

Read more:
UK knife deaths highest since records began | NowPublic News Coverage

Kitchen knives aren't explicitly protected in the Constitution or Amendments...stupid, short-sighted Founding Fathers!!!

Forum List

Back