UK gun laws

Captain Caveman

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2020
England
Gun laws - what responsible UK shooters need to know

Interesting reading down some UK gun laws and a couple stood out -

7. Young Shots who have a shotgun certificate of their own can borrow a shotgun for up to 72 hours.

As there's no age restriction on shotgun certificates, even 9 year olds have certificates and shoot shotguns.

9. There is no minimum age to get a shotgun certificate but you have to be 14 to have a firearms certificate.

Although a 14 year old is not old enough to buy a handgun and/or rifle, they can legally use them from the age of 14.

So it begs the question, when it comes to gun incidents, why is America so disastrous?

Gun laws - what responsible UK shooters need to know

Interesting reading down some UK gun laws and a couple stood out -

7. Young Shots who have a shotgun certificate of their own can borrow a shotgun for up to 72 hours.

As there's no age restriction on shotgun certificates, even 9 year olds have certificates and shoot shotguns.

9. There is no minimum age to get a shotgun certificate but you have to be 14 to have a firearms certificate.

Although a 14 year old is not old enough to buy a handgun and/or rifle, they can legally use them from the age of 14.

So it begs the question, when it comes to gun incidents, why is America so disastrous?
England doesn't have Democrats

I own a BSA (Birmingham Small Arms Works) Super Sport Five 5-round, mag fed, bolt action .22 rifle. Nothing special, just a iron sighted game-getter. It's very nicely made with a great trigger as you would expect from BSA.

5 001 (2).JPG

It has a single-shot adaptor (sled) in the mag well and I have looked for years for a magazine for it as it's a great shooter.

Come to find out the Brit .gov went around to the gun clubs and confiscated all the 5-round magazines and destroyed them telling the clubs that since a "sled" was available they did not need a five round mag.

Britain is in the process of building a 'culture' of wars and killing too, but there are many other important distinctions that make it different from America.

However, you've at least asked the question on what makes America different.

Unfortunately, neither side of the debate can accept that their country is involved in continuous wars of aggression.

Michael Moore has come straight to the point and that only earns him scorn. Even though his 'Bowling for Columbine' was the unspoken acceptance of the truth on account of the movie being such an award winning documentary.

What were British peasants doing when their country was on the continuous rampage of wars throughout the world?

Very likely emulating the 'culture' of their country at the same time, but with a lack of millions of deadly weapons.

Because we have some who want us disarmed completely, and others who ignore gun criminals because, muh, racist.

Given the obvious attack on our rights, I will not rest until we have ZERO gun laws. I don't give a fuck how many people die.

I will not rest until it is legal for violent felons to carry belt-fed machine guns in every school, courthouse, airport, or government building in America.

Machine guns or Valhalla!!!

Because we have some who want us disarmed completely, and others who ignore gun criminals because, muh, racist.

Given the obvious attack on our rights, I will not rest until we have ZERO gun laws. I don't give a fuck how many people die.

I will not rest until it is legal for violent felons to carry belt-fed machine guns in every school, courthouse, airport, or government building in America.

Machine guns or Valhalla!!!
Have you not noticed the many countries that have guns, gun regulations, and a fraction of America's gun killing stats.

Do you think it's possible for America to achieve that, and if so, how?

Forum List

Back