UK : Happy New Year!

Check out this video of Hogmanay celebration that just took place in Edinburgh, Scotland. The firework was amazing.

Video Edinburgh Hogmanay fireworks display 2015 - The Scotsman
WOW!!!! They sure bring in the new year with a BANG!

The celebration of Hogmanay in the countryside of Scotland is even more surreal. You almost feel like you have gone back in the medieval time.
I had an international customer that I handmade a large basket for last year at Christmas time who was from Scotland and she wished me a wonderful Hogmanay... And of course I could not google it quick enough to figure out what in the world a Hogmanay was....and I read that all of our New Years celebrations actually might have been spread from this celebration of theirs...

I agree. Traditionally they paint their body in blue and dance under fire. Of course they drink scotch all night long as well.
and begin the next morning with the Scotch as well, i'll bet! :D

... rock on :)

WOW!!!! They sure bring in the new year with a BANG!

The celebration of Hogmanay in the countryside of Scotland is even more surreal. You almost feel like you have gone back in the medieval time.
I had an international customer that I handmade a large basket for last year at Christmas time who was from Scotland and she wished me a wonderful Hogmanay... And of course I could not google it quick enough to figure out what in the world a Hogmanay was....and I read that all of our New Years celebrations actually might have been spread from this celebration of theirs...

I agree. Traditionally they paint their body in blue and dance under fire. Of course they drink scotch all night long as well.

bet you don't make it to midnight, (california time)! ;)

I am still holding :) Trying to finish that damn glass of champagne.

I am listening to Bollywood songs in a hope that it will help me stay up for another hour. It is 11pm here now. I just have to stay up one more hour.

For you I think, it is already a new year. You are future from where I am at :)

I am listening to Bollywood songs in a hope that it will help me stay up for another hour. It is 11pm here now. I just have to stay up one more hour.

I am the Ghost of Christmas Future! :D

I gather you like scotch. Are you Scottish by blood?

my mother is Italian born, my father's family has been here for generations, but are originally from the Netherlands....and England.

my mother is Italian born, my father's family has been here for generations, but are originally from the Netherlands....and England.

Well, nothing can beat being the Ghost of Christmas Future :)

BTW, it must be pretty late for you though: 2:30am; I think.

2:36 to be precise....and unfortunately for me, I had a cup of coffee after dinner so I am still wired from it.... though I am starting to feel tired, so I may not make it till your new year!

2:36 to be precise....and unfortunately for me, I had a cup of coffee after dinner so I am still wired from it.... though I am starting to feel tired, so I may not make it till your new year!

I hear you. It is only 10 minutes more to go but it feels like eternity. But in a sense, I hope 2014 never ends. it is kind of weird feeling.

We just got home about 2 hours ago, went to a friends club in Liverpool.

Happy New Year I Pee Freely :) How was the club like?
Same to you and yours Vik, how was the club ......all my friends clubs have superb security.

So that means you were not allowed to beat up any skinheads? :)
From the Liverpool of my youth, Thatcher tried but scouse workers united will never be defeated.

Forum List

Back