Ultimate energy source

Watts are watts ... and you're burning fossil fuels to make them watts ... what is this cable doing other than making carbon pollution? ...

Watt

Watts to amps calculator
Watts to amps (A) conversion calculator

(DC)
DC watts to amps calculation
The current I in amps (A) is equal to the power P in watts (W), divided by the voltage V in volts (V):

I(A) = P(W) / V(V)
AC single phase watts to amps calculation

The phase current I in amps (A) is equal to the power P in watts (W), divided by the power factor PF times the RMS voltage V in volts (V):

I(A) = P(W) / (PF × V(V))
The power factor of resistive impedance load is equal to 1.

AC three phase watts to amps calculation
Calculation with line to line voltage

The phase current I in amps (A) is equal to the power P in watts (W), divided by square root of 3 times the power factor PF times the line to line RMS voltage VL-L in volts (V):
I(A) = P(W) / (3 × PF × VL-L(V) )
The power factor of resistive impedance load is equal to 1.

Calculation with line to neutral voltage
The phase current I in amps (A) is equal to the power P in watts (W), divided by 3 times the power factor PF times the line to neutral RMS voltage VL-N in volts (V):

I(A) = P(W) / (3 × PF × VL-N(V) )
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

noun Electricity.
the time rate of flow of electric charge, in the direction that a positive moving charge would take and having magnitude equal to the quantity of charge per unit time: measured in amperes.

Definition of electric current | Dictionary.com

What is the motive force to get the assembly of buckets to turn?

When a bucket reaches the bottom is is filled with air. There are eleven (11) buckets filled with air pushing the buckets upward.
:)-

Seems to me these buckets need to rise rather quickly in order to turn the pully system to create an electrical charge, but have you taken into consideration in your equations that you are not simply filling inverted buckets with air in a matter of seconds but also displacing water?, i assume at a great depth. Are you sure you can do that in just a couple seconds in order to keep up the speed? Seems as if that would take tremendous air pumping which is going to use a lot of power. You may also have ocean cross currents at play and the longer your line of buckets are the more flexible it may become, which could cause more complications

In other words, the energy it takes to push the air down is equal to the kinetic energy of the air coming back up.

They used to make these contraptions back in the day, and they somehow got those buckets to spin with
no compressor at all.

177f524eb5350f089a7b43966d226a72.jpg

When a bucket reaches the bottom is is filled with air. There are eleven (11) buckets filled with air pushing the buckets upward.

Seems to me these buckets need to rise rather quickly in order to turn the pully system to create an electrical charge, but have you taken into consideration in your equations that you are not simply filling inverted buckets with air in a matter of seconds but also displacing water?, i assume at a great depth. Are you sure you can do that in just a couple seconds in order to keep up the speed? Seems as if that would take tremendous air pumping which is going to use a lot of power. You may also have ocean cross currents at play and the longer your line of buckets are the more flexible it may become, which could cause more complications

He is going to lose a huge amount of power to the friction of the buckets against the water.

Right. 10 MW in......5 MW out.

Are you saying it takes 10MW .,.,.5MW out-?

I don't know about you but my car gets 35 miles to the gallon; which costs me $2.10 and few WATTs were produced.
from what I could see :)-

I'd be shocked if you got as much as 50% back. Shocked!!

I don't know about you but my car gets 35 miles to the gallon

Maybe you should use your car to run your bucket generator?

Right. 10 MW in......5 MW out.

I don't know about you but my car gets 35 miles to the gallon; which costs me $2.10 and few WATTs were produced.
from what I could see :)-

I'd be shocked if you got as much as 50% back. Shocked!!

I don't know about you but my car gets 35 miles to the gallon

Maybe you should use your car to run your bucket generator?
He could use 20 cars to turn a big wheel that turns a dynamo. Just think, after filling the first 19 cars with gas, he would only have to fill one more car each time to sustain 20 cars turning the dynamo. So using watchingfromafar math, the input energy will be multiplied by 20.

He is going to lose a huge amount of power to the friction of the buckets against the water.

I would think so. Energy loss there, and if the buckets are supposed to be rising at 2 feet per second, ( i think it was) then it only leaves a fraction of a second to fill the lower bucket with air and displacing all that water. Sounds to me that the air pump would be using a tremendous amount of power to operate.

then it only leaves a fraction of a second to fill the lower bucket with air and displacing all that water.

the buckets are 33 feet apart. 33'/2 sec. = 16.5 seconds between refills
The above conditions can be changed and the 2 second rising speed will be slowed down by the resistance of the generators to generate the power

Sounds to me that the air pump would be using a tremendous amount of power to operate.
that is what I am trying to calculate
How much energy is consumed to compress 20,000 cubic feet of air down to 2,666 cubic feet-?

then it only leaves a fraction of a second to fill the lower bucket with air and displacing all that water.

the buckets are 33 feet apart. 33'/2 sec. = 16.5 seconds between refills
The above conditions can be changed and the 2 second rising speed will be slowed down by the resistance of the generators to generate the power

Sounds to me that the air pump would be using a tremendous amount of power to operate.
that is what I am trying to calculate
How much energy is consumed to compress 20,000 cubic feet of air down to 2,666 cubic feet-?

How are the buckets being refilled with air? it cant be a fixed in position hose at the bottom if the buckets are in constant motion. that would only allow you a second or two to refill as the bucket passes by the air source. Unless the nozzle is also moving along with the bucket, or the bucket is passing through some air chamber. I'm confused with that part.

Unless the nozzle is also moving along with the bucket, or the bucket is passing through some air chamber. I'm confused with that part.
You could replace one empty tank with a charged one when the bucket crests the top on its way to the bottom.
& the air is released when the tank reaches the bottom

Does this help ?

Last edited:
Unless the nozzle is also moving along with the bucket, or the bucket is passing through some air chamber. I'm confused with that part.
You could replace one empty tank with a charged one when the bucket crests the top on its way to the bottom.

Does this help ?

Wait, so your saying send a bucket of air down???

Does this help ?

Wait, so your saying send a bucket of air down???

I think he now wants to drop a canister of compressed air to run his energy wasting device.
Those things can't be cheap.
He'd probably do better just burning $1s to generate electricity.

I think he now wants to drop a canister of compressed air to run his energy wasting device.

Each canister has a volume of 2,666 cubic feet. The canister has a casing that weighs 170,624 pounds. The weight and the buoyancy of the canister is equal giving it a natural buoyancy.

Each canister is used over and over. You only build 14 canisters and just continue to reuse them over and over.

Each canister has a volume of 2,666 cubic feet. The canister has a casing that weighs 170,624 pounds. The weight and the buoyancy of the canister is equal giving it a natural buoyancy.

Each canister is used over and over. You only build 14 canisters and just continue to reuse them over and over.

The weight and the buoyancy of the canister is equal giving it a natural buoyancy.

So now, instead of wasting energy by pumping air to the bottom, you're wasting energy by dragging a canister to the bottom?

Excellent!!

What will your losses to friction be with that scheme? Don't forget, besides your friction losses for the buckets, rising and sinking, you'll also have friction losses, again, when you pull the empties back to the surface.

Forum List

Back