UN human rights chief: Trump would be 'dangerous' if elected

He's married to a former model, I think he prefers the female form as uncovered as possible.

And for all his talk, he's not the one being accused of actual sexual misconduct, he just talks like a blowhard about it.
Nah, those tiny hands have been around. Believe me.

and?
My point there was just that it isn't just "talk." But PLEASE don't take the thread there. I should not have brought it up.

Right now, he is being accused of "verbal assault", which the media wants to translate into actual assault. Yes, he slept around, but is there any proof he forced himself on anyone?
I'm ignoring that. In Trumpish fashion, you have no compunction about turning a deaf ear to a lady's objections.

Really?

You are talking to an older brother here. I had one of my sister's boyfriends years ago not even able to look me in the eye, and I actually liked the guy.

The only guy with actual multiple accusers of sexually inappropriate in this kerfluffle is Billy Boy.

You only deserve low-brow, bitch tits.

It's all you have really, so thanks for trying.

I can debate at any level, Its just turds like you are not worth the effort.

This debating you speak of, are you anticipating taking it up anytime soon? I’d love to see you do some of that with someone.

This coming from a one line bandit such as yourself would be comical if it wasn't so sad.

Yeah, I think everyone can see how much you despise that "one line bandit" stuff.

Your responses don't merit any more consideration.

It's all you have really, so thanks for trying.

This debating you speak of, are you anticipating taking it up anytime soon? I’d love to see you do some of that with someone.

This coming from a one line bandit such as yourself would be comical if it wasn't so sad.

Yeah, I think everyone can see how much you despise that "one line bandit" stuff.

I'm sorry, I was done with you, move on.

I'm sorry, I was done with you, move on.

Bitch please.

I gotta tell you, Old Lady ... I am definitely not into what "feminism" has become. There's not a damned thing feminine about it. It's become a bunch of male wannabes acting like unhinged savages.

Sorry - not meant to derail the thread.
Peace, Granny. Every movement winds up with some extremist wankers that drown out the more sensible arguments of the majority. I'd be happy to discuss it with you sometime, although I'm probably not "up to date" on the state of feminist thought, at this point.
I had a friend who insisted she could NEVER be a feminist because they wear such ugly shoes.:)

The OP was about not supporting Trump. They pointed to valid concerns involving the Geneva Convention. I don't see that as being overbearing.
I do agree with you that, as much as other countries like to get their digs in, people look up to us as an example of how to do it right.

My issue is still that they don't have a leg to stand on when they include States that are obvious violators of Human Rights issues, domestic or international.

And the Geneva conventions were never meant to allow certain groups to hide behind them while rules are not followed. The Idea of the conventions is that BOTH sides of a conflict follow the rules. When one side doesn't, the other isn't obligated either.
Marty, when one side doesn't follow the rules, they get lectured; the UN doesn't have real teeth, but it's a start. . It is not our place, as much as we may want to, tell other countries what their culture must be. 100 years ago we didn't allow women to vote and very few women were considered fit to drive, it was still perfectly
b22cfbf31ea2744354d50f086eed9f6b.jpg

acceptable for a husband to beat the shit out of his spouse and a woman's swim suit still included stockings.

I somehow doubt if we would have appreciated Sweden or China coming in and telling us to get with the program. Sometimes being exposed to new ideas through diplomacy or the cocktail hour afterward does more good than finger wagging and criticism.

Sinking to the level of a member nation that is not following the rules does NOT actually solve the problem.

The whole idea of the Geneva conventions was to make a level battle condition, similar to the past systems of organized combat. Examples are the greek method of phalanx on phalanx at an agreed upon battlefield, or the set rules of Napoleonic warfare between masses of musketmen.

When one side decides to not follow the rules, only an idiot would keep to them without question or debate.

and while some men did indeed swim naked, the more dignified suit wasn't too far off a woman's suit.

2-1900.jpeg
And my point was, in 1916 would we have wanted a foreign country telling us that we were living in the dark ages and to get with the program, act more like them? That was my point.

Tell that to the gay people being hung on a monthly basis in countries like Iran.
I'm sure we've said tsk tsk about that somewhere. Probably in the UN Human Rights Commission.

Why don't you like the UN? Too many foreigners for you?
That was snarky, sorry. So why don't you like the UN?

The Human Rights Commission of the UN is a joke. Countries that are some of the worst abusers can get onto the committee, basically making it a "hey look at the US doing X" distraction board.
Rather, it is a joke to have the United States which invaded Iraq and Afghanistan and Russia which is bombing civilians in East Aleppo to be on the so-called UN Security Council.

My issue is still that they don't have a leg to stand on when they include States that are obvious violators of Human Rights issues, domestic or international.

And the Geneva conventions were never meant to allow certain groups to hide behind them while rules are not followed. The Idea of the conventions is that BOTH sides of a conflict follow the rules. When one side doesn't, the other isn't obligated either.
Marty, when one side doesn't follow the rules, they get lectured; the UN doesn't have real teeth, but it's a start. . It is not our place, as much as we may want to, tell other countries what their culture must be. 100 years ago we didn't allow women to vote and very few women were considered fit to drive, it was still perfectly

acceptable for a husband to beat the shit out of his spouse and a woman's swim suit still included stockings.

I somehow doubt if we would have appreciated Sweden or China coming in and telling us to get with the program. Sometimes being exposed to new ideas through diplomacy or the cocktail hour afterward does more good than finger wagging and criticism.

Sinking to the level of a member nation that is not following the rules does NOT actually solve the problem.

The whole idea of the Geneva conventions was to make a level battle condition, similar to the past systems of organized combat. Examples are the greek method of phalanx on phalanx at an agreed upon battlefield, or the set rules of Napoleonic warfare between masses of musketmen.

When one side decides to not follow the rules, only an idiot would keep to them without question or debate.

and while some men did indeed swim naked, the more dignified suit wasn't too far off a woman's suit.

2-1900.jpeg
And my point was, in 1916 would we have wanted a foreign country telling us that we were living in the dark ages and to get with the program, act more like them? That was my point.

Tell that to the gay people being hung on a monthly basis in countries like Iran.
I'm sure we've said tsk tsk about that somewhere. Probably in the UN Human Rights Commission.

And what has that gotten? It makes people feel like they are "doing something", when they aren't doing something.

The Human Rights Commission of the UN is a joke. Countries that are some of the worst abusers can get onto the committee, basically making it a "hey look at the US doing X" distraction board.
Rather, it is a joke to have the United States which invaded Iraq and Afghanistan and Russia which is bombing civilians in East Aleppo to be on the so-called UN Security Council.

Might makes right. Benefits of winning the WWII.

2-1900.jpeg

And what has that gotten? It makes people feel like they are "doing something", when they aren't doing something.
Short of bombing and then occupying a foreign country because you don't like its culture, what would you do instead? It's something. That was my initial point. The UN doesn't have teeth, but at least it's a forum for countries to be made aware that their behavior isn't "universally accepted."

2-1900.jpeg

Short of bombing and then occupying a foreign country because you don't like its culture, what would you do instead? It's something. That was my initial point. The UN doesn't have teeth, but at least it's a forum for countries to be made aware that their behavior isn't "universally accepted."

Make more of a stink about it than just "tut, tut". How about we keep the sanctions on them, mostly for them being terrorist assholes, but I'm fine with lumping in their murder of people based on who they want to bugger as a side bonus.

There's not enough room on this entire forum to discuss the reasons why I dislike the UN. It has never served its original purpose and only exist to create a globalist society.. I think it should be disbanded and I hope President Trump will do everything he can to stop sending American money to support it.

Why the UN Rights Commission is getting involved in American elections?
Sometimes they're intrusive :eusa_think:
When the candidate has a platform that violates existing human rights guidelines such as the Geneva Convention, the UN does indeed have the right to pipe up. They did make a big deal of apologizing for "butting in."

For your information, The Geneva Convention was agreed to long before the UN existed and is specifically aimed aat the treatment of Prisoners of War.

Forum List

Back