UN human rights chief: Trump would be 'dangerous' if elected

Why don't you like the UN? Too many foreigners for you?
That was snarky, sorry. So why don't you like the UN?

The Human Rights Commission of the UN is a joke. Countries that are some of the worst abusers can get onto the committee, basically making it a "hey look at the US doing X" distraction board.

If only we didn't provide them the ammunition.

Yes, because occasional issues with aggressive policing is far far worse than actually mandated aggressive policing, and other naughty behavior like jailing political dissidents, delaying elections, and forcing women to stay in their homes, or cover up, OR ELSE.
Now that Trump is out of his shackles, perhaps women HAD better stay in their homes or cover up. :laugh:

He's married to a former model, I think he prefers the female form as uncovered as possible.

And for all his talk, he's not the one being accused of actual sexual misconduct, he just talks like a blowhard about it.
Nah, those tiny hands have been around. Believe me.

Yes, because occasional issues with aggressive policing is far far worse than actually mandated aggressive policing, and other naughty behavior like jailing political dissidents, delaying elections, and forcing women to stay in their homes, or cover up, OR ELSE.
Now that Trump is out of his shackles, perhaps women HAD better stay in their homes or cover up. :laugh:

Sounds like american women will be covering something other than their heads and faces.

Like making sure Billy Boy doesn't bring a Cigar to a NOW event, right?

Sure, all of it, better keep your eyes peeled pard.

Nice dodge there, bitch tits.

Look, there's no need to get all high brow on us.

The Human Rights Commission of the UN is a joke. Countries that are some of the worst abusers can get onto the committee, basically making it a "hey look at the US doing X" distraction board.
Yes, I can see that. A lot of things get said there that we don't like, no doubt. We say a lot of things other countries don't like, too. It doesn't seem that the UN has a hell of a lot of sway, one way or the other, but to me it is an awesome idea to have somewhere that all the prickly, pissed off countries in the world go and actually sit down and talk about stuff. May not always be what we want to hear, but they're actually talking. Without it, I think it would leave a big hole in the planet's hope.

The problem is the Rights commission is basically used as a propaganda conduit for countries that actually systematically abuse human rights on a day in, day out basis.

One can think that there is a Policing issue in the US, but in other countries the issues with overbearing Policing is not a a bug like here, it's a feature.
The OP was about not supporting Trump. They pointed to valid concerns involving the Geneva Convention. I don't see that as being overbearing.
I do agree with you that, as much as other countries like to get their digs in, people look up to us as an example of how to do it right.

My issue is still that they don't have a leg to stand on when they include States that are obvious violators of Human Rights issues, domestic or international.

And the Geneva conventions were never meant to allow certain groups to hide behind them while rules are not followed. The Idea of the conventions is that BOTH sides of a conflict follow the rules. When one side doesn't, the other isn't obligated either.
Marty, when one side doesn't follow the rules, they get lectured; the UN doesn't have real teeth, but it's a start. . It is not our place, as much as we may want to, tell other countries what their culture must be. 100 years ago we didn't allow women to vote and very few women were considered fit to drive, it was still perfectly
b22cfbf31ea2744354d50f086eed9f6b.jpg

acceptable for a husband to beat the shit out of his spouse and a woman's swim suit still included stockings.

I somehow doubt if we would have appreciated Sweden or China coming in and telling us to get with the program. Sometimes being exposed to new ideas through diplomacy or the cocktail hour afterward does more good than finger wagging and criticism.

Sinking to the level of a member nation that is not following the rules does NOT actually solve the problem.

The whole idea of the Geneva conventions was to make a level battle condition, similar to the past systems of organized combat. Examples are the greek method of phalanx on phalanx at an agreed upon battlefield, or the set rules of Napoleonic warfare between masses of musketmen.

When one side decides to not follow the rules, only an idiot would keep to them without question or debate.

and while some men did indeed swim naked, the more dignified suit wasn't too far off a woman's suit.

2-1900.jpeg

Sounds like american women will be covering something other than their heads and faces.

You only deserve low-brow, bitch tits.

He's married to a former model, I think he prefers the female form as uncovered as possible.

And for all his talk, he's not the one being accused of actual sexual misconduct, he just talks like a blowhard about it.

and?

It's all you have really, so thanks for trying.

and?

They won't get near the button, watch.

I can debate at any level, Its just turds like you are not worth the effort.

Why the UN Rights Commission is getting involved in American elections?
Sometimes they're intrusive :eusa_think:

This debating you speak of, are you anticipating taking it up anytime soon? I’d love to see you do some of that with someone.

This debating you speak of, are you anticipating taking it up anytime soon? I’d love to see you do some of that with someone.

This coming from a one line bandit such as yourself would be comical if it wasn't so sad.

Why the UN Rights Commission is getting involved in American elections?
Sometimes they're intrusive :eusa_think:
When the candidate has a platform that violates existing human rights guidelines such as the Geneva Convention, the UN does indeed have the right to pipe up. They did make a big deal of apologizing for "butting in."

and?
My point there was just that it isn't just "talk." But PLEASE don't take the thread there. I should not have brought it up.

and?
My point there was just that it isn't just "talk." But PLEASE don't take the thread there. I should not have brought it up.

Right now, he is being accused of "verbal assault", which the media wants to translate into actual assault. Yes, he slept around, but is there any proof he forced himself on anyone?

Yes, I can see that. A lot of things get said there that we don't like, no doubt. We say a lot of things other countries don't like, too. It doesn't seem that the UN has a hell of a lot of sway, one way or the other, but to me it is an awesome idea to have somewhere that all the prickly, pissed off countries in the world go and actually sit down and talk about stuff. May not always be what we want to hear, but they're actually talking. Without it, I think it would leave a big hole in the planet's hope.

The problem is the Rights commission is basically used as a propaganda conduit for countries that actually systematically abuse human rights on a day in, day out basis.

One can think that there is a Policing issue in the US, but in other countries the issues with overbearing Policing is not a a bug like here, it's a feature.
The OP was about not supporting Trump. They pointed to valid concerns involving the Geneva Convention. I don't see that as being overbearing.
I do agree with you that, as much as other countries like to get their digs in, people look up to us as an example of how to do it right.

My issue is still that they don't have a leg to stand on when they include States that are obvious violators of Human Rights issues, domestic or international.

And the Geneva conventions were never meant to allow certain groups to hide behind them while rules are not followed. The Idea of the conventions is that BOTH sides of a conflict follow the rules. When one side doesn't, the other isn't obligated either.
Marty, when one side doesn't follow the rules, they get lectured; the UN doesn't have real teeth, but it's a start. . It is not our place, as much as we may want to, tell other countries what their culture must be. 100 years ago we didn't allow women to vote and very few women were considered fit to drive, it was still perfectly

acceptable for a husband to beat the shit out of his spouse and a woman's swim suit still included stockings.

I somehow doubt if we would have appreciated Sweden or China coming in and telling us to get with the program. Sometimes being exposed to new ideas through diplomacy or the cocktail hour afterward does more good than finger wagging and criticism.

Sinking to the level of a member nation that is not following the rules does NOT actually solve the problem.

The whole idea of the Geneva conventions was to make a level battle condition, similar to the past systems of organized combat. Examples are the greek method of phalanx on phalanx at an agreed upon battlefield, or the set rules of Napoleonic warfare between masses of musketmen.

When one side decides to not follow the rules, only an idiot would keep to them without question or debate.

and while some men did indeed swim naked, the more dignified suit wasn't too far off a woman's suit.

2-1900.jpeg
And my point was, in 1916 would we have wanted a foreign country telling us that we were living in the dark ages and to get with the program, act more like them? That was my point.

and?

Right now, he is being accused of "verbal assault", which the media wants to translate into actual assault. Yes, he slept around, but is there any proof he forced himself on anyone?
I'm ignoring that. In Trumpish fashion, you have no compunction about turning a deaf ear to a lady's objections.

This coming from a one line bandit such as yourself would be comical if it wasn't so sad.

Yeah, I think everyone can see how much you despise that "one line bandit" stuff.

I gotta tell you, Old Lady ... I am definitely not into what "feminism" has become. There's not a damned thing feminine about it. It's become a bunch of male wannabes acting like unhinged savages.

Sorry - not meant to derail the thread.

2-1900.jpeg
And my point was, in 1916 would we have wanted a foreign country telling us that we were living in the dark ages and to get with the program, act more like them? That was my point.

Tell that to the gay people being hung on a monthly basis in countries like Iran.

Forum List

Back