UN Security Council passes anti-settlement resolution, US abstains

louie888

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2016
Not sure if this has been discussed, but it really is huge.

NEW YORK - The United Nations Security Council voted on Friday to adopt a resolution condemning Israeli settlement activity as illegal, and demanding that Israel "immediately and completely cease all settlement activities in the 'occupied' Palestinian territory, including east Jerusalem".

Fourteen out of the 15 voting members of the Council voted in favor of the resolution, none voted against it, and the United States chose to abstain instead of casting its veto on the initiative.

Considering Trump is pro-settlement (pro-genocide) this is even more surprising.

I guess the awakening has begun.

isn't this vote simply because mrobama is still president . When the good guy Trump takes over this vote will likely be ignored or done away with won't it Louie .

Oh it's been discussed, apparently criticizing Israel is antisemitism.

NEW YORK - The United Nations Security Council voted on Friday to adopt a resolution condemning Israeli settlement activity as illegal, and demanding that Israel "immediately and completely cease all settlement activities in the 'occupied' Palestinian territory, including east Jerusalem".

Fourteen out of the 15 voting members of the Council voted in favor of the resolution, none voted against it, and the United States chose to abstain instead of casting its veto on the initiative.

Considering Trump is pro-settlement (pro-genocide) this is even more surprising.

This was like last year...the resolution was shelved by Egypt..

• Banned
Oh it's been discussed, apparently criticizing Israel is antisemitism.
Really? Hasn't that card played itself out? I believe the great Jewish thinker, writer, musician, Gilad Atzmon summed it up perfectly:

"An antisemite used to be someone who hates Jews; nowadays an antisemite is someone Jews hate."

I'm guessing that those who frame this as antisemitic are clueless as to what "the settlements" even are or represent.

Genocide, or wholesale slaughter, is what's happening in Syria. Settlement means building houses. For those of you who don't understand English.

• Banned
Genocide, or wholesale slaughter, is what's happening in Syria. Settlement means building houses. For those of you who don't understand English.

Make no mistake. These white only settlements are built on other's land and the indigenous people are slaughtered as entire towns are destroyed. This is not taking place in some empty desert.

That's a bit more than building houses lol.

OP seems to have forgotten that Obama is still President and he has to own this crap; not Trump.

• Banned
Forget the partisan nonsense for a sec and consider a chance at turning around a true human rights nightmare, ongoing now for decades.

jews%2BS.jpg-large.jpg

It can only be "true" if it comes from a 100% Israeli owned "US News" outlet like CNN... which has still not come forward and explained how Hillary got the CNN debate questions before the debate.... or how the "hacks" did anything except out TRUTH the left hates....

Aljazeera...Uh huh.
THEY FILMED IT!

ISRAEL APOLOGIZED!

Pro tip: Read prior to responding :welcome:
The Link isn't working.
Works for me...

Fast Facts
  • Al Jazeera's Investigative Unit uncovers Israel's covert influence campaign in Britain
  • Investigation involved six-month undercover infiltration of anti-boycott campaign
  • Discussions between Israeli diplomat and British civil servant to 'take down' politicians revealed
Israel apology after plot against UK politicians

Aljazeera...Uh huh.
THEY FILMED IT!

ISRAEL APOLOGIZED!

Pro tip: Read prior to responding :welcome:
The Link isn't working.
Works for me...

Fast Facts
  • Al Jazeera's Investigative Unit uncovers Israel's covert influence campaign in Britain
  • Investigation involved six-month undercover infiltration of anti-boycott campaign
  • Discussions between Israeli diplomat and British civil servant to 'take down' politicians revealed
Israel apology after plot against UK politicians
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So?
A Jew speaking his mind?
You think Arafart will come back from the dead and award a Nobel Peace Prize?

Forum List

Back