unbind the delegates

I don't like Trump and will never vote for him; however, this reeks of sour grapes. Like it or lump it, Trump is going to be the nominee for the GOP.

So let s all sit back and watch our nation go to hell because a plurality of the party, influenced by a large number of Democrat crossover's managed to "win"?

Let the delegates decide what happens. Are we supposed to just sit on the side lines and support corruption? Are we supposed to just give up the supreme court for at least a generation?

Or do we have the moral obligation to do everything that is legally in our power to stop this travesty?

.The only moral and reasonable option now is the unbind the delegates and give us a shot with a decent Republican nominee rather than trump who won with a plurality. We just celebrated independence day yesterday. Lets continue that celebration by standing up and liberating ourselves from these corrupt and evil people. Unless we do something to change it now, we have lost the court and will have a dictator the next four years. That's not acceptable.

You do realize unbinding the delegates ensures you a loss in November as well, right?

Your only option is the same as mine..... sharpen the knives, clean and oil the guns and be ready to bleed and kill to fix what's wrong.

I've been watching how things have been developing this election. Not surprisingly trump is losing to Clinton in the polls. Not surprisingly she is likely to get away with multiple felonies with no accountability.

Hillary is a life long corrupt criminal who gets away with it because of political power. Trump is complicit with her crimes by funding her. Not to mention that he is completely immoral and dishonest in his own right, though not necessarily criminal.

Third parties aren't an option. Libertarians ruined their shot by nominating Johnson who is unacceptable and has zero enthusiasm.

The only moral and reasonable option now is the unbind the delegates and give us a shot with a decent Republican nominee rather than trump who won with a plurality. We just celebrated independence day yesterday. Lets continue that celebration by standing up and liberating ourselves from these corrupt and evil people. Unless we do something to change it now, we have lost the court and will have a dictator the next four years. That's not acceptable.
Unbind the delegates....then what? Who are they going to nominate?

Whomever they want. Wouldn't be hard to find someone better than trump

I've been watching how things have been developing this election. Not surprisingly trump is losing to Clinton in the polls. Not surprisingly she is likely to get away with multiple felonies with no accountability.

Hillary is a life long corrupt criminal who gets away with it because of political power. Trump is complicit with her crimes by funding her. Not to mention that he is completely immoral and dishonest in his own right, though not necessarily criminal.

Third parties aren't an option. Libertarians ruined their shot by nominating Johnson who is unacceptable and has zero enthusiasm.

The only moral and reasonable option now is the unbind the delegates and give us a shot with a decent Republican nominee rather than trump who won with a plurality. We just celebrated independence day yesterday. Lets continue that celebration by standing up and liberating ourselves from these corrupt and evil people. Unless we do something to change it now, we have lost the court and will have a dictator the next four years. That's not acceptable.
The GOP convention hall would look like a war zone, and that wouldn't exactly present a good image.

The loudest voices in the party put this guy on top, and now they have to deal with it.

And trump presents a good image? I'd rather take my chances on fighting corruption and see what happens than nominating someone we know is corrupt and can't win

I don't like Trump and will never vote for him; however, this reeks of sour grapes. Like it or lump it, Trump is going to be the nominee for the GOP.

Agreed.

Trump is a total douche, but he won the nomination fairly so he should be the nominee.

I don't blame them for trying though. It's going to be a great convention!

Avatar, whom I like, is still smarting that Cruz got rejected and is hoping against hope that the delegates revolt to nominate him instead. I really don't see that occuring.

Doesn't need to be cruz. It would simply be immoral to not put someone better than trump against Hillary and get some actual conservative principles in the white house

the pugs are reaping what they have sowed, Trump and may have shot themselves in the foot when just about anyone else would have surly beaten the democrat whether Hilary or not ... still a close call in Nov.

Stop it. Unfortunely the two nominees are clinton and trump. It sucks, but the people have spoken.
The retards have spoken. The people stayed home during the primaries.

This country deserves either one of them as President. They won't get off their asses and change things until the pain is great enough, and Trump or Clinton just might be painful enough.

It's time to take the country back from the psychos who gave us Trump and Clinton.

So lets support a delegate revolt at the convention. Unbind them and see what they can do. It would be nearly impossible for them to do worse than trump

Stop it. Unfortunely the two nominees are clinton and trump. It sucks, but the people have spoken.
The retards have spoken. The people stayed home during the primaries.

This country deserves either one of them as President. They won't get off their asses and change things until the pain is great enough, and Trump or Clinton just might be painful enough.

It's time to take the country back from the psychos who gave us Trump and Clinton.

So lets support a delegate revolt at the convention. Unbind them and see what they can do. It would be nearly impossible for them to do worse than trump

The GOP convention hall would look like a war zone, and that wouldn't exactly present a good image.

The loudest voices in the party put this guy on top, and now they have to deal with it.

And trump presents a good image? I'd rather take my chances on fighting corruption and see what happens than nominating someone we know is corrupt and can't win
Can't argue about Trump - I'm just saying that some meltdown may end up being just as bad.

Can't blame you.

I'm going to tell you what I tell Bernie people. I agree. Your candidate is abhorrent. But your party bored for him -- not Ted Cruz

So let s all sit back and watch our nation go to hell because a plurality of the party, influenced by a large number of Democrat crossover's managed to "win"?

Let the delegates decide what happens. Are we supposed to just sit on the side lines and support corruption? Are we supposed to just give up the supreme court for at least a generation?

Or do we have the moral obligation to do everything that is legally in our power to stop this travesty?

Why even have a primary vote at all if the delegates just get to pick whomever they damn well please? Sadly, Trump earned the necessary amount of delegates to win the party's nomination. Changing the process midstream just to ensure Trump loses is dirty pool. If he doesn't get the nod on the first ballot then they are free to pick whomever they wish.

Agreed.

Trump is a total douche, but he won the nomination fairly so he should be the nominee.

Avatar, whom I like, is still smarting that Cruz got rejected and is hoping against hope that the delegates revolt to nominate him instead. I really don't see that occuring.

Doesn't need to be cruz. It would simply be immoral to not put someone better than trump against Hillary and get some actual conservative principles in the white house

Will you vote for Trump come November if he gets the nod to simply vote against Hillary? You don't have answer if you don't wish as I respect your right to keep your vote a secret. Cheers!

link? A LOT or the rw base voted for him no doubt
I dunno about dems, but Trump did NOT get most of the votes in the primaries. He won on a plurality.

Republican Party presidential primaries, 2016 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But I think the gop is stuck with Trump and the dems are stuck with Hillary .... although unlike Trump who may have been the only candidate running who was not a goper, Hillary was the only primary candidate who was a dem (aside from that former governor who hung creepily around for awhile)

So what you're say is to hell with democracy and the sanctity of the vote. You don't want to vote for the republican nominee so you want a new one even though the majority of the base and primary voters voted for trump.

The thing to do is vote your conscience. If you can't vote for trump, which I don't blame you I can't either, then pick from the list of other candidates.

The Democratic and republican parties aren't the only ones on the ballot in November.

Don't rip your party farther apart and further destroy the vote of millions of Americans.

We don't live in a democracy. We live in a republic. We have a republic specifically because sometimes the people make stupid choice. Example Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Donald trump. And since the people sometimes make stupid choices there are checks in place to balance such power.

However in this case the people didn't speak. Trump won a plurality of the votes. Means a majority opposed him. The most honest way of addressing this is to unbind the delegates

Agreed.

Will you vote for Trump come November if he gets the nod to simply vote against Hillary? You don't have answer if you don't wish as I respect your right to keep your vote a secret. Cheers!

If I could vote for trump this wouldnt be necessary. Not going to vote for evil

So what you're say is to hell with democracy and the sanctity of the vote. You don't want to vote for the republican nominee so you want a new one even though the majority of the base and primary voters voted for trump.

The thing to do is vote your conscience. If you can't vote for trump, which I don't blame you I can't either, then pick from the list of other candidates.

The Democratic and republican parties aren't the only ones on the ballot in November.

Don't rip your party farther apart and further destroy the vote of millions of Americans.

We don't live in a democracy. We live in a republic. We have a republic specifically because sometimes the people make stupid choice. Example Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Donald trump. And since the people sometimes make stupid choices there are checks in place to balance such power.

However in this case the people didn't speak. Trump won a plurality of the votes. Means a majority opposed him. The most honest way of addressing this is to unbind the delegates
But didn't Trump win enough bound delegates to win the nomination? If so, the people spoke according to "republican" rule. Changing the result now would would not be consistent with a republican form of govt, because people are entitled to having their votes counted according to the rules, and changing the rules to affect outcome is neither democratic nor republican govt.

:gives:

"The People" have no inherent right to determine the nominees of political parties. Parties can nominate whomever they choose, however they choose. In the case of Trump, there were a good many Democrats who were doing the speaking, attempting to sabotage the whole process. Fuck them, and fuck you for empowering them.

You can make all the excuses you want to justify spitting in the faces and on the graves of everyone who gave their lives for people to have that right to vote. But it won't make what you want to do any more right or in the best interested of the republican party or our nation.

You can call it a republic or democracy. The truth is we have a democratic republic.

Personally, I don't care what you republicans do. Just as long as you're kept from doing more damage to our nation and what you want to do will harm our nation.

You're trying to invalidate people's votes and that's wrong.

It will further tear your party apart and you won't succeed.

Vote for the candidate who most matches your views. There's a long list of candidates to choose from. Stop doing more damage to the republican party and our nation.

Months after Donald Trump appeared to seal the Republican nomination for president, anti-Trump forces are making one last push to force a vote on the party’s convention floor that would throw open the GOP contest again.

It’s a long shot, but by some counts they are remarkably close to getting past the first hurdle next week in Cleveland.

Mr. Trump’s intraparty foes, led by a group of rogue delegates, are waging an intense behind-the-scenes effort to push the Republican National Convention’s Rules Committee for a vote on freeing delegates to back whomever they wish, rather than being bound to Mr. Trump.

The anti-Trump camp needs the backing of 28, or one-quarter, of 112 Convention Rules Committee members to place the issue before the full convention. A Wall Street Journal survey suggests it could be close.

In interviews, 20 members said they are willing to consider allowing delegates to be unbound, while 59 support Mr. Trump. The other 33 panelists couldn’t be reached or didn’t respond to repeated messages.

Others counting votes have their own tallies. Internal surveys of the Rules Committee conducted by RNC member Randy Evans of Georgia, who is trying to help Mr. Trump fend off the insurrection, found at least 18 committee members open to voting to unbind. The Trump campaign’s count shows about 15 leaning toward unbinding, according to people familiar with the campaign.

Kendal Unruh, a Colorado teacher on the committee leading part of the anti-Trump movement, said she has private commitments from more than 30 committee members, but that many aren’t willing to admit so publicly.

All involved in counting votes say those numbers fluctuate day-to-day. If the provision gets the necessary committee votes when the panel meets beginning next Wednesday, it would place the issue before the convention, where it would need 1,237 votes—half the delegates—to pass.

Though a majority of the convention delegates are bound to support Mr. Trump, Mr. Evans’s count shows just about 890 delegates are personally loyal to the New Yorker. Another 680 oppose Mr. Trump. That leaves 900 delegates who are presumed to be “in play,” he said. The stop-Trump forces would have to take nearly two-thirds of them to block his nomination. ...​

Anti-Donald Trump Forces See Convention Coup as Within Reach

Last edited:

Forum List

Back