Unconstitutional: N Y to Check Social Media of Gun Buyers.

I suggest you read each of the Amendments very carefully, and if you need help find someone who can explain how the 10th Amendment impacts your comment and how privacy of We the People is not guaranteed anywhere in COTUS.
Did I mention the 10th Amendment? I don't think I did. This legislation clearly violates the two of the amendments I listed. However, the 6th Amendment isn't one of the Amendments I wanted to list. It's the 4th Amendment:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

4th doesn't apply to social media. Why? Because social media is a public place. Simply looking at someone's social media on a publicly accessible platform isn't "unreasonable search and seizure". That applies to your house, and also means that the police can't check your house without a warrant or just cause to enter your house.
Sorry, turd, but your search engine history is not public information. There's also a lot of data in your social media accounts that isn't public.

Umm.................a Facebook page isn't the same as a search engine. You might want to find out the difference. And, what data exactly would your social media account have that isn't public? If a person doesn't set their privacy settings, anyone can see it. And, if a person friends another, then the person who was friended can see all the data. What exactly are you talking about?

Oh wait...................forgot..............knee jerk reactions and wrong information are in your wheelhouse.
Who said Facebook was the same as a search engine, dumbass? Was that a knee-jerk reaction producing wrong information?

However, your search history on Facebook is private information. No one has access to it but you and Facebook. If you do set your privacy settings, then all the information affected is PRIVATE. Why should the government has access to it without a warrant?

They're okay with that. What they didn't approve of is surveillance of Americans on the phone or email for national security reasons. Nobody was ever really prosecuted using surveillance alone, but the left claimed monitoring sound waves which are in every one of our faces this moment was still a Forth Amendment violation.

No Tucker the Dems are not going to disarm the population.

So why are you constantly trying?

Why are you so paranoid? For as many years as you have been scared of someone coming to get your guns, how many times has someone actually come to your door to do that?

Gun siezures under Maryland 'Red Flag' law exceed expectations

Maryland officers serving "red flag" gun removal order fatally shoot armed man - CBS News

The one month old program in Maryland temporarily removes guns from crazies who have given indications they could be a danger to others. Are you a crazy that has given reason to believe you might shoot someone? When did they temporarily confiscate your guns, or anyone you know?

Alleged crazies. You just said nobody is coming for anyone’s guns. Was that a lie?

Well, are you crazy?

I said the reason was never disclosed and just because he responded with force to an order that was implemented to infringe on his rights does not necessarily make him crazy.

The point was that you guys keep insisting you aren’t trying to confiscate anybody’s guns and yet in this one month there’s been over 100 other of those red flag orders issued in just that one state, so why do you continue to deny it?

Freedom is scary.

HAMAS, ISIS and Muslim Brotherhood are more your style.
Riiiight, because I'm such a terrorist, lol

You support the people who support terrorism.
sure i do lmao! can you show me where?

You're a leftist,of course you support terrorist.
Can you show me where I supported terrorists?

You support leftist...you support terrorist.

Riiiight, because I'm such a terrorist, lol

Uh huh. Do you support tRump bending over and spreading his cheeks for Saudi Arabia like he just did?

Uh huh. Do you support tRump bending over and spreading his cheeks for Saudi Arabia like he just did?

How did he do that, by minding his own business and not meddling in middle-eastern affairs?

Why are you so paranoid? For as many years as you have been scared of someone coming to get your guns, how many times has someone actually come to your door to do that?

Maryland officers serving "red flag" gun removal order fatally shoot armed man - CBS News

The one month old program in Maryland temporarily removes guns from crazies who have given indications they could be a danger to others. Are you a crazy that has given reason to believe you might shoot someone? When did they temporarily confiscate your guns, or anyone you know?

Alleged crazies. You just said nobody is coming for anyone’s guns. Was that a lie?

Well, are you crazy?

Who gets to determine who is crazy or not? Even a licensed psychiatrist would tell you it's impossible to properly evaluate somebody over the internet or television.

I can't buy a gun in New York because I'm banned from courthouses, libraries, and shopping malls, because I have been adjudicated as a mental defective, deemed a social undesirable, and judged to be a threat or danger to all the lovely professional females of the town who work the streets at all hours of the day and night.

there is also simply *no legal requirement* to even HAVE a social media account. i get the idea behind the effort but how do you enforce it?

me at gun shop: I'll take that ruger blackhawk .44 magnum right there
gun shop: fill this out and let me do a background check

we wait

a bit later

gun shop: ok that was fine but now i need to see your facebook page...
me: i don't have one
gun shop: myspace?
me: bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
gun shop: twitter
me: i have one for my website but have not used it but twice this year and once was by mistake...

how do you enforce this when nothing is required, legal or even defined?

again, i get the idea but the reality is this would fail and only make finding common ground harder. i mean if the police can be called to a home shooting and the police make no effort THEN to have mental stability checked by a doctor, i don't see how a minimum wage counter worker looking at my facebook page, if i have one, would help at all.

How did he do that, by minding his own business and not meddling in middle-eastern affairs?
Oh, is that what you call it?

That's what I call it. It's not really any of our business. Criticize their neanderthal death methods, of course, but not to get involved.

there is also simply *no legal requirement* to even HAVE a social media account. i get the idea behind the effort but how do you enforce it?

me at gun shop: I'll take that ruger blackhawk .44 magnum right there
gun shop: fill this out and let me do a background check

we wait

a bit later

gun shop: ok that was fine but now i need to see your facebook page...
me: i don't have one
gun shop: myspace?
me: bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
gun shop: twitter
me: i have one for my website but have not used it but twice this year and once was by mistake...

how do you enforce this when nothing is required, legal or even defined?

again, i get the idea but the reality is this would fail and only make finding common ground harder. i mean if the police can be called to a home shooting and the police make no effort THEN to have mental stability checked by a doctor, i don't see how a minimum wage counter worker looking at my facebook page, if i have one, would help at all.

"Folks, liberals measure success by intent. Conservatives measure success by results."
Rush Limbaugh

Like I said earlier, even if they could get this passed and nobody challenges them, a mass shooter would purchase their guns elsewhere. Nothing get's solved; it only looks like they're trying to solve something.

You don't have to give your name on any social media account. Nobody is carding you like they do at a bar. I could get an account by calling myself Ray from Atlanta and nobody would know the difference. Or I can setup several accounts, and under my real name, post stuff about how cute animals are and how much I follow my religion with my family of four and lifelong wife. Who would know the difference?

Well, are you crazy?

Well, are you going to answer the question?

So who makes the most money for America?
Illegal invaders or SA?

That's what I call it. It's not really any of our business. Criticize their neanderthal death methods, of course, but not to get involved.
If we don't want other nation's involved in our ways of dealing with those that we feel are traitors or have done bad things, then of course we don't want to get involved in their ways of doing things.

Criticism of these countries doing bad things to their own people is about as far as we can go if not going to be the policeman of the world. Now the Demon-crats wanting to be the policeman of the world is always subjective or convenient for a political reason, but it's not truly out of compassion or humanitarian reasons like it is attempted to be played as.

So who makes the most money for America?
Illegal invaders or SA?
So it's all about money to you?

If we don't want other nation's involved in our ways of dealing with those that we feel are traitors or have done bad things, then of course we don't want to get involved in their ways of doing things.

Criticism of these countries doing bad things to their own people is about as far as we can go if not going to be the policeman of the world. Now the Demon-crats wanting to be the policeman of the world is always subjective or convenient for a political reason, but it's not truly out of compassion or humanitarian reasons like it is attempted to be played as.
You guys will just say anything to excuse tRump.

Well, are you crazy?

Well, are you going to answer the question?

Obviously I was mistaken about the month old law in Maryland that temporarily removes guns from people who the judge determines to be a threat. That is hardly the "they're coming for our guns" scenario that gun nuts usually spout, but it is something. Not enough though.

Forum List

Back