Under obamacare ER visits will be prohibited

*knocks on your head*

think about it....its not that hard to do.

Penalizing hospitals with high readmission rates( which FYI, is usually do to infection and hospitals errors) is going to lead to more patients?

Or are you ranting about the ACA and not this specific provision?

A hospital bed runs you at a minimum 1k a day.......so again.....The intention of the law is for more people to avail themselves of services they cannot pay for.

The intention of the law is to punish hospitals for pushing patients out before they are ready.

Do you think it's cheaper to re-admit someone for an infection that could have been caught by the hospital had they not been released too soon?

Got it, youre a nut.

I will try to remember that least I waste my time responding to your future posts with anything more than laughter.

The crazy person here is you. Obama care will punish hospitals for treating people that need emergency care. Meaning either the Hospitals charge the patients or they refuse to see them. Meaning they DIE.

Good to see you don't care about deaths because the Government wants to save money.

Got it, youre a nut.

I will try to remember that least I waste my time responding to your future posts with anything more than laughter.

The crazy person here is you. Obama care will punish hospitals for treating people that need emergency care. Meaning either the Hospitals charge the patients or they refuse to see them. Meaning they DIE.

Good to see you don't care about deaths because the Government wants to save money.

What?:confused:

There is no punishment for emergency care, there is a penality to hospitals who are above the average in re-admitting patients within 30 days of being discharged by that hospital.

Penalizing hospitals with high readmission rates( which FYI, is usually do to infection and hospitals errors) is going to lead to more patients?

Or are you ranting about the ACA and not this specific provision?

A hospital bed runs you at a minimum 1k a day.......so again.....The intention of the law is for more people to avail themselves of services they cannot pay for.

The intention of the law is to punish hospitals for pushing patients out before they are ready.

Do you think it's cheaper to re-admit someone for an infection that could have been caught by the hospital had they not been released too soon?

The intention of the law is to force hospitals one way or the other....keep them...or pay a fine. The bottom line it is all about patients receiving care they cannot pay for.

Remember....this is about obamacare.... and not about paying customers. I don't blame hospitals for moving out patients who cannot pay as soon as they can. Its a money loser for them.

On the flip side.... would hospitals be able to force you to stay against your will? Can they now lock up for 30 days and force treatment upon you to avoid....punishment?

Interesting question don't you think?

On the flip side.... would hospitals be able to force you to stay against your will? Can they now lock up for 30 days and force treatment upon you to avoid....punishment?

Interesting question don't you think?

Sure, lets go ahead and say that's true. Doesn't really matter what the law actually says anyway, we just need to cook some shit up to make Obama look bad.

The intention of the law is to force hospitals one way or the other....keep them...or pay a fine. The bottom line it is all about patients receiving care they cannot pay for.

Remember....this is about obamacare.... and not about paying customers. I don't blame hospitals for moving out patients who cannot pay as soon as they can. Its a money loser for them.

I simply disagree.

I think it's a good thing. Most bounce backs are preventable, by either doing the proper follow up with patients or not early releasing those who aren't ready yet.

I simply disagree.

I think it's a good thing. Most bounce backs are preventable, by either doing the proper follow up with patients or not early releasing those who aren't ready yet.

And who is to say....they are ready? The patient or the doctor? Ever think the "preventible infections" you speak of are due to patients not taking their meds when they get home? Should a hospital be responsible if a patient does not follow orders?

Medicare beneficiaries aren't "paying customers"? I'm not really even sure what point you're trying to make here.

You understand that the Readmissions Reduction Program is a Medicare initiative, right? Medicare (Part A), that program that pays some of your hospital bills after you pay payroll taxes for all of your working lifetime?

I simply disagree.

And who is to say....they are ready? The patient or the doctor? Ever think the "preventible infections" you speak of are due to patients not taking their meds when they get home? Should a hospital be responsible if a patient does not follow orders?

We are not talking about all bounce backs. We are talking about hospitals who are over the national average, and stats say most bounce backs are preventable.

Under provisions of obamacare, if you get discharged from the hospital and have a complication, you won't get seen in an emergency room.

More than 2,200 hospitals face penalties under ObamaCare rules | Fox News

A provision of ObamaCare is set to punish roughly two-thirds of U.S. hospitals starting this fall over high readmission rates, according to an analysis by Kaiser Health News.
Starting in October, Medicare will reduce reimbursements to hospitals with high 30-day readmission rates -- which refers to patients who return within a month -- by as much as 1 percent. The maximum penalty increases to 2 percent the following year and 3 percent in 2014.
Doctors are concerned the penalty is unfair, since sometimes they have to accept patients more than once in a brief period of time but could be penalized for doing so -- even for accepting seniors who are sick.
"Among patients with heart failure, hospitals that have higher readmission rates actually have lower mortality rates," said Sunil Kripalani, MD, a professor with Vanderbilt University Medical Center who studies hospital readmissions. "So, which would we rather have -- a hospital readmission or a death?"

obama's answer, he'd rather have a death.

Here's a novel idea, keep the patients until they are well.

here is a novel idea...... if you cant pay for your hospital visit...don't complain about what you get for free....and or demand ....more.

So the poor should just die?

I have been hearing many stories of Doctors
refusing to take on new Medicare patients because Obamacare
really cuts reimbursements.

I guess you are calling all these Doctors,and the rest liars....
I am just passing this along...I have been hearing this for some time now.
I am willing to take the word of these folks over Obama followers.

By all means vote for obama if you like seeing your Country going down the shitter....

$obama_lies.jpg

$obamacarelines.jpg

$shithead_square_large.jpg

Forum List

Back