🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Under The Circumstances, We Cannot Afford To Assume Anything

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
And like it or not, silence in this case is seen as affirmation. Get your head out of your ass.

"I think we should take a step back and ask a different question, which is: 'Is it justified to demand that Muslims condemn terrorism?' Now that might sound a little radical. The reason I say that is this.

"Condoning the killing of civilians is, to me, about the most monstrous thing you can to do. And to be suspected of doing something so monstrous, simply because of your faith, seems very unfair. Now when you look at the majority of terrorist attacks in the United States, according to the FBI, the majority of domestic terror attacks are actually committed by white, male Christians.

"Now that's just the facts. When those things occur, we don't suspect other people who share their faith and ethnicity of condoning them. We assume that these things outrage them just as much as they do anyone else. And we have to afford this same assumption of innocence to Muslims."

Via Vox.com

A very simple explanation of why it's wrong to demand that Muslims condemn terrorism

Yes, we are all so scared about what the christians are going to do next. Even an atheist like myself knows that Christians arent the problem. Quit being stupid.

“What we're asking for isn't really a denunciation, it's an apology: an apology for Islam and for Muslims. This sort of thinking — blaming an entire group for the actions of a few individuals, assuming the worst about a person just because of their identity — is the very definition of bigotry.”

Correct.

It's also the very definition of bigotry to condemn an entire group of persons for the acts of the non-representative few, and to seek to disadvantage them through force of law – such as denying Syrian refugees asylum status in the United States for no other reason than being Muslim.

'Later in the interview, Todd asks Mogahed about Donald Trump and his anti-Muslim comments, for example saying he would consider putting all Muslims on a registry. What is the one thing that Mogahed thought Trump should read or do to better understand Islam?

Mogahed's answer, I thought, was pretty perfect: "I don't want him to understand Islam. I want him to understand the constitution."'

Also correct.

Those hostile to Muslims such as Trump, who advocate 'registering' Muslims with the government and 'investigating' Mosques absent reasonable suspicion of wrongdoing, exhibit a clear lack of understanding of the Constitution and its case law – First Amendment jurisprudence in particular; or they're exhibiting their contempt for the Constitution and its case law by seeking to violate the civil rights of Muslims living in the United States.

Yes, we are all so scared about what the christians are going to do next. Even an atheist like myself knows that Christians arent the problem. Quit being stupid.

That is exactly the point she was making. According to the FBI, the majority of domestic terror attacks are actually committed by white, male Christians, yet we don't blame all Christianity for those attacks. The majority of Americans are Christian and know those attacks represent only a small group of fanatics. Statistics show that it is the same situation with Muslims. The terrorists represent only a small group of fanatics. Blaming all Muslims for the actions of some makes no more sense than blaming all Christians for the actions of some

“What we're asking for isn't really a denunciation, it's an apology: an apology for Islam and for Muslims. This sort of thinking — blaming an entire group for the actions of a few individuals, assuming the worst about a person just because of their identity — is the very definition of bigotry.”

Correct.

It's also the very definition of bigotry to condemn an entire group of persons for the acts of the non-representative few, and to seek to disadvantage them through force of law – such as denying Syrian refugees asylum status in the United States for no other reason than being Muslim.

'Later in the interview, Todd asks Mogahed about Donald Trump and his anti-Muslim comments, for example saying he would consider putting all Muslims on a registry. What is the one thing that Mogahed thought Trump should read or do to better understand Islam?

Mogahed's answer, I thought, was pretty perfect: "I don't want him to understand Islam. I want him to understand the constitution."'

Also correct.

Those hostile to Muslims such as Trump, who advocate 'registering' Muslims with the government and 'investigating' Mosques absent reasonable suspicion of wrongdoing, exhibit a clear lack of understanding of the Constitution and its case law – First Amendment jurisprudence in particular; or they're exhibiting their contempt for the Constitution and its case law by seeking to violate the civil rights of Muslims living in the United States.

As Scalia recently said in reference to this very question, “Inter arma enim silent leges … In times of war, the laws fall silent.”

Correct.

Also correct.

As Scalia recently said in reference to this very question, “Inter arma enim silent leges … In times of war, the laws fall silent.”

Are we at war with the Muslim religion?

That is exactly the point she was making. According to the FBI, the majority of domestic terror attacks are actually committed by white, male Christians, yet we don't blame all Christianity for those attacks. The majority of Americans are Christian and know those attacks represent only a small group of fanatics. Statistics show that it is the same situation with Muslims. The terrorists represent only a small group of fanatics. Blaming all Muslims for the actions of some makes no more sense than blaming all Christians for the actions of some
you don't remember that abortion doctor that got shot? All Christians were labeled.

you don't remember that abortion doctor that got shot? All Christians were labeled.
No, only the anti-life American Taliban types were blamed, as they should be.

No, only the murderers and the ones who claimed Christianity while encouraging a Jihad like Christian war against abortion. All Christians weren't blamed. If I recall, many churches condemned that murder.

No, only the murderers and the ones who claimed Christianity while encouraging a Jihad like Christian war against abortion. All Christians weren't blamed. If I recall, many churches condemned that murder.
As they should, especially considering the fact that Dr. Tiller was killed at church...

Correct.

Also correct.

Are we at war with the Muslim religion?

As yet undetermined.

My experience with the Pro-Life movement is that most of them are "Church Ladies." Women do most of the work helping pregnant women to give them an alternative to abortion. The men are husbands who get dragged to fundraising events.

My experience with the Pro-Life movement is that most of them are "Church Ladies." Women do most of the work helping pregnant women to give them an alternative to abortion. The men are husbands who get dragged to fundraising events.

Helping people is a good thing, but trying to deny a legal right to an abortion isn't. You don't like abortion, then don't get one.

And like it or not, silence in this case is seen as affirmation. Get your head out of your ass.

"I think we should take a step back and ask a different question, which is: 'Is it justified to demand that Muslims condemn terrorism?' Now that might sound a little radical. The reason I say that is this.

"Condoning the killing of civilians is, to me, about the most monstrous thing you can to do. And to be suspected of doing something so monstrous, simply because of your faith, seems very unfair. Now when you look at the majority of terrorist attacks in the United States, according to the FBI, the majority of domestic terror attacks are actually committed by white, male Christians.

"Now that's just the facts. When those things occur, we don't suspect other people who share their faith and ethnicity of condoning them. We assume that these things outrage them just as much as they do anyone else. And we have to afford this same assumption of innocence to Muslims."

Via Vox.com

A very simple explanation of why it's wrong to demand that Muslims condemn terrorism
Now factor in the number of attempted Muslim attacks that are stopped and you may realize how absurd and biased your post is.

Forum List

Back