Understanding Customers

fschmidt

Dec 12, 2015
The most important part of business is understanding your customers. In today's depraved modern culture, your customers will be modern human scum. So let us consider the relevant consumer characteristics of modern human scum.

Modern human scum are stupid. They will not understand a useful new idea. So forget about innovation, it won't sell. But on the plus side, modern human scum are easily scammed.

Modern human scum have no sense of quality. So forget about making a better product, it won't sell. But modern human scum are trendy, so if you have a good sense of evil, you may be able to create a new trendy product.

Modern human scum are cheap. So price is key. If you can sell into an existing market at a cheaper price, you have a winner. And it makes no difference how much you cut quality to do this.

The nature of business is determined by the nature of the consumer. Capitalists will just do whatever works as determined by the consumer. The most successful businesses today are scams, banking being a prime example, or are trendy, or are based on selling cheap, like Walmart. A capitalist who innovates or focuses on quality will fail. Similarly, a politician who tells the truth won't be elected.

Who is responsible for the current state of affairs? Religious leaders are responsible for values, which leads to a sense of quality. And educators are responsible for intellectual development. Religious leaders and educators are responsible for the state of the masses, and they have failed.

I posted this to "Religion and Ethics" because the failure of religion is the primary cause of the current state of affairs, and how one should respond to this is an ethical question. My ethical viewpoint is that members of modern culture are scum who deserve to be screwed over.

You will spend you entire life learning,,,,and school doesn't and can't teach you everything you will experience till death..
School is supposed to give you basic thinking skills. It should exercise your brain and should give a basic classical perspective. Modern schools don't do this, which is why modern people are morons.

I learned more out of school than in school...So it's cop out to blame teachers...
What you wrote makes no sense. If the teachers were good, maybe you would have learned more in school.
You will spend you entire life learning,,,,and school doesn't and can't teach you everything you will experience till death..

It teaches you how to learn all the things you learned out of school

I learned more out of school than in school...So it's cop out to blame teachers...
What you wrote makes no sense. If the teachers were good, maybe you would have learned more in school.

It teaches you how to learn all the things you learned out of school
I learned afters school by reading, which is what I taught my kids..To make them more knowledgeable..

School is for the basics. The rest of your learning comes from life experience.

I learned afters school by reading, which is what I taught my kids..To make them more knowledgeable..
I did the same, but that doesn't change my point that modern school (and religion) are a failure, resulting in a mostly failed population. I homeschooled my kids because modern school is worthless.

I did the same, but that doesn't change my point that modern school (and religion) are a failure, resulting in a mostly failed population. I homeschooled my kids because modern school is worthless.
Good for you, my eldest son was ruined by the education system so bad he's making 60K a year and is in Japan on vacation...

School is supposed to give you basic thinking skills. It should exercise your brain and should give a basic classical perspective. Modern schools don't do this, which is why modern people are morons.

I should have dropped out of school after passing 10th grade where I learned all I needed to know.

I should have dropped out of school after passing 10th grade where I learned all I needed to know.
I dropped out then and entered college 6 months later, then joined the Army....

Good for you, my eldest son was ruined by the education system so bad he's making 60K a year and is in Japan on vacation...

I am a self-made man who skipped 12th grade and still got a High School Diploma. Never went to college but retired semi-wealthy doing honest work and dabbling in the stock market. On the job training and self-study worked for me and so it did for your son.

I graduated High School and enlisted in the Navy six months later. The Navy basically gave me an electrical engineering degree by attending their schools. Vietnam made me believe in Jesus and the civilian business world made me cunning and devious.

I am a self-made man who skipped 12th grade and still got a High School Diploma. Never went to college but retired semi-wealthy doing honest work and dabbling in the stock market. On the job training and self-study worked for me and so it did for your son.
I ran a commercial and residential masonry company....Was an electrician and electronics tech...From military service...

Last edited:

I graduated High School and enlisted in the Navy six months later. The Navy basically gave me an electrical engineering degree by attending their schools. Vietnam made me believe in Jesus and the civilian business world made me cunning and devious.
Yeah the business world is a dirty business...I hated that part and never played their games, one reason I left the corporate world for self employment.....Where it still exist, but at least you are making money for yourself and not someone else..I was in the Army 1982-88, I was 5 years to young for Nam, but my Dad enjoyed it, he kept going back...

I ran a commercial and residential masonry company....Was an electrification and electronics tech...From military service...

I always wanted to be The Boss and when I fired the last boss came to find out the being The Boss has to do more work than the employees. I jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire, so to say. I tried masonry once but that is very hard work and easier than ironworker.

I ran a commercial and residential masonry company....Was an electrification and electronics tech...From military service...

I always wanted to be The Boss and when I fired the last boss came to find out the being The Boss has to do more work than the employees. I jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire, so to say. I tried masonry once but that is very hard work and easier than ironworker.
I didn't mind the work since I was a weight lifter and played sports all through school....But I had arthritis hit me early and after the next operation I am going back to work in an old field that I did in my 20's, broadcasting and journalism...But yeah, the boss has to do way more than an hourly, but I was like you, I always wanted to be the boss man.. I am content that I was able to do it well....I now work part time but not in contracting..I get the easy end and let the young fellows play boss man..

Forum List

Back