Unemployment rate drops to 3.8%

more bad news for our friends on the left

DisastrousDarkEland-max-1mb.gif

Payrolls rise by better than expected 223,000 in May, jobless rate drops to 3.8%

The U.S. economy continued to add jobs at a solid clip in May, with nonfarm payrolls up 223,000 while the unemployment rate was 3.8 percent, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday.

Economists had been expecting payroll growth of 188,000 and the jobless to hold steady at 3.9 percent.

The unemployment rate was last this low in April 2000.

thanks, obama :thup:

this time next year, the economy will be in shreds.

Again as I have always maintained any so called job that pays 15 dollars per hour should NOT really be counted as a job yet all administrations are quick to include it. Count real jobs as those that pay well plus full benefits. In today's america 15 bucks per hour amounts to nothing notta empty set. Otherwise known as the poor house.

Hi you dumb illiterate, ignorant fucking racist.

What did the economy do AFTER Pelosi and the democrats won the HOUSE AND SENATE in 2007.

Go ahead you dumb illiterate fuck. Tell us. While a pathetic ignorant fuck like you giggles at that, please tell me...

Who signed the Commodity Futures Modernization Act which exempted credit default swaps from regulation you loser.

While you are ignoring the facts with that, tell us who rewrote the Community Reinvestment Act which put pressure on banks to lend to low income neighborhoods you pathetic fucking loser.

Now back to the Pelosi and the democrats taking over congress from 2007 to 2010. What did the economy do during that time you stupid ass demented ignorant ass.

Go ahead and tell us what the economy has done since republicans started winning congress back from 2010 till now you piece of shit.

Then keep telling us how your black messiah made the economy recover so I can laugh my rich ass off at your stupid pathetic hypocritical ass.

Moron
"What did the economy do AFTER Pelosi and the democrats won the HOUSE AND SENATE in 2007."

LOL

What did Pelosi and Congressional Democrats do "in 2007" to cause the crash?? You freaks are truly fucking nuts. :cuckoo:
/----/ Hope this doesn't make your head explode, Faun: Here's the real story, in brief: In 1995, using the powers of the presidency, Bill Clinton turned the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act into an aggressive program that basically forced banks to lend money to "underserved" communities. That meant those with low incomes who couldn't necessarily repay a loan.
Sorry, Hillary, You And Bill — Not Tax Cuts — Caused The Financial Crisis | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

/----/ I understand that reading comprehension for Public School educated Libtards is not a priority but the link clearly shows the report is from Harvard and Princeton University. Investing.com merely reported it. Please don't be sad and run off to your safe place. Next time you'll know better. Now ask Mommy for a cookie.
Investing.com -- A new study by economists from Harvard and Princeton indicates that 94% of the 10 million new jobs created during the Obama era were temporary positions.
"A new study by economists from Harvard and Princeton indicates that 94% of the 10 million new jobs created during the Obama era were temporary positions."

The actual study says no such thing. :eusa_doh:

And the study is about temporary jobs, not part time jobs. :eusa_doh:

epic-fail_o_779306.jpg
/----/ Page 8: A striking implication of these estimates is that 95 percent of the net employment growth in the U.S. economy from 2005 to 2015 appears to have occurred in alternative work arrangements. Total employment according to the CPS increased by 9.0 million (6.4 percent) over the decade, from 140.4 million in February 2005 to 149.4 in November 2015.13 The increase in the share of workers in alternative work arrangements from 10.7 percent in 2005 to 15.8 percent in 2015 implies that the number of workers employed in alternative arrangement increased by 8.6 million (57.2 percent), from 15.0 million in February 2005 to 23.6 million in November 2015. Thus, these figures imply that employment in traditional jobs (standard employment arrangements) rose by only 0.4 million (0.4 percent) from 125.4 million in February 2005 to 125.8 million in November 2015.
Holyfuckingshit!! :ack-1::ack-1::ack-1:

You're even more rightarded than you appeared earlier. I knew you couldn't find it because it's not in there. investing.com made it up. You'll note, the actual study says nothing about Obama towards that 95%.

Why...?

Because.....

Barrack Hussein Obama... Serving as the 44th president president from 2009 to 2017.

From the study ... A striking implication of these estimates is that 95 percent of the net employment growth in the U.S. economy from 2005 to 2015

Roughly 1/3 of that study was of the Bush years. :eusa_doh: You know, when Obama wasn't president. And only went until 2015, leaving out more than a year of Obama's presidency.

So yeah, if you saddle the numbers with Bush's pathetic performance on jobs (worst since Herbert Hoover) and you exclude about 15% of Obama's actual time in office, and you don't actually want to discuss part time workers (even though that's what's being discussed) than sure, an abject moron can idiotically claim, "A new study by economists from Harvard and Princeton indicates that 94% of the 10 million new jobs created during the Obama era were temporary positions."

epic-fail-8393.jpg

Wrong kid, the only thing Obooba did was hand out 900 billion dollars in stimulus. Thus any appeared improvement was government sponsored, or communism. Trump is creating real jobs as companies expand

Yawning
LOLOL

Wrong? Moi?

The study was from 2005-2015.

Obama was president from 2009-2017.

On which of those am I wrong?

If the economy expanded under Obooba, why did he have to hand out 900 billion dollars to prop up the economy?

Because the Obama economy was only good for drug pushers, Oboobas friends that he pardoned

What did the economy do AFTER Pelosi and the democrats won the HOUSE AND SENATE in 2007.

Go ahead you dumb illiterate fuck. Tell us. While a pathetic ignorant fuck like you giggles at that, please tell me...

Who signed the Commodity Futures Modernization Act which exempted credit default swaps from regulation you loser.

While you are ignoring the facts with that, tell us who rewrote the Community Reinvestment Act which put pressure on banks to lend to low income neighborhoods you pathetic fucking loser.

Now back to the Pelosi and the democrats taking over congress from 2007 to 2010. What did the economy do during that time you stupid ass demented ignorant ass.

Go ahead and tell us what the economy has done since republicans started winning congress back from 2010 till now you piece of shit.

Then keep telling us how your black messiah made the economy recover so I can laugh my rich ass off at your stupid pathetic hypocritical ass.

Moron
"What did the economy do AFTER Pelosi and the democrats won the HOUSE AND SENATE in 2007."

LOL

What did Pelosi and Congressional Democrats do "in 2007" to cause the crash?? You freaks are truly fucking nuts. :cuckoo:

Once again the far left will never criticize their own.

Trump has already improved the numbers more than Obama during his whole term.

Not bad, that's a real president right there. No fake...
WTF are you smoking?

The unemployment rate fell from 7.8% to 4.8% (a 3 point, 38% decrease) under Obama

The unemployment rate fell from 4.8% to 3.8% (a 1 point, 21% decrease) under Trump

I don't know where you learned math, but in no universe is 21% greater than 38%.

/----/ I understand that reading comprehension for Public School educated Libtards is not a priority but the link clearly shows the report is from Harvard and Princeton University. Investing.com merely reported it. Please don't be sad and run off to your safe place. Next time you'll know better. Now ask Mommy for a cookie.
Investing.com -- A new study by economists from Harvard and Princeton indicates that 94% of the 10 million new jobs created during the Obama era were temporary positions.
"A new study by economists from Harvard and Princeton indicates that 94% of the 10 million new jobs created during the Obama era were temporary positions."

epic-fail_o_779306.jpg
/----/ Page 8: A striking implication of these estimates is that 95 percent of the net employment growth in the U.S. economy from 2005 to 2015 appears to have occurred in alternative work arrangements. Total employment according to the CPS increased by 9.0 million (6.4 percent) over the decade, from 140.4 million in February 2005 to 149.4 in November 2015.13 The increase in the share of workers in alternative work arrangements from 10.7 percent in 2005 to 15.8 percent in 2015 implies that the number of workers employed in alternative arrangement increased by 8.6 million (57.2 percent), from 15.0 million in February 2005 to 23.6 million in November 2015. Thus, these figures imply that employment in traditional jobs (standard employment arrangements) rose by only 0.4 million (0.4 percent) from 125.4 million in February 2005 to 125.8 million in November 2015.

You're even more rightarded than you appeared earlier. I knew you couldn't find it because it's not in there. investing.com made it up. You'll note, the actual study says nothing about Obama towards that 95%.

Why...?

Because.....

Barrack Hussein Obama... Serving as the 44th president president from 2009 to 2017.

From the study ... A striking implication of these estimates is that 95 percent of the net employment growth in the U.S. economy from 2005 to 2015

Roughly 1/3 of that study was of the Bush years. :eusa_doh: You know, when Obama wasn't president. And only went until 2015, leaving out more than a year of Obama's presidency.

So yeah, if you saddle the numbers with Bush's pathetic performance on jobs (worst since Herbert Hoover) and you exclude about 15% of Obama's actual time in office, and you don't actually want to discuss part time workers (even though that's what's being discussed) than sure, an abject moron can idiotically claim, "A new study by economists from Harvard and Princeton indicates that 94% of the 10 million new jobs created during the Obama era were temporary positions."

epic-fail-8393.jpg

Wrong kid, the only thing Obooba did was hand out 900 billion dollars in stimulus. Thus any appeared improvement was government sponsored, or communism. Trump is creating real jobs as companies expand

Yawning
LOLOL

Wrong? Moi?

Left is wrong by definition.

WTF are you smoking?

The unemployment rate fell from 7.8% to 4.8% (a 3 point, 38% decrease) under Obama

The unemployment rate fell from 4.8% to 3.8% (a 1 point, 21% decrease) under Trump

I don't know where you learned math, but in no universe is 21% greater than 38%.

Because a lot of people stopped looking for work.

Why?

Because there were no jobs and the far left wanted to get all those people onto government assistance in order to control them.

Well here are the REAL numbers from the BLS.

Full time jobs Jan 2009, 115,818,000 and Jan 2017, 124,625,000

Part time jobs Jan 2009, 26,377,000 and Jan 2017, 27,363,000.

Looks like about 85% of jobs created under Obama were FULL TIME!!!
Your source, Like ALL CON$ervoFascist sources, are LIARS!!!

Table A-9. Selected employment indicators

epic-fail_o_779306.jpg

Why...?

Because.....

epic-fail-8393.jpg

Yawning
/----/ Where did stimulus money really go?
Rather than helping out those in the toughest shape, it looks like Democrats ended up helping their supporters, including unions and many very wealthy supporters.

According to the Obama administration’s Recovery.gov, a total of $504 billion of federal contracts, grants, and loans to states and territories were awarded between February 17, 2009, and December 31, 2011. The amounts vary a lot across states, with the very lowest at $978 per capita in Virginia and the highest at $2,495 per capita in Alaska. The District of Columbia is the real winner at a whopping $7,603.

Trump is doing a great job. MAGA Baby!

Poor Moon Bats. It must really suck to one of them. All they can do is march around in their pink pussy hates and howl at the sky.

who put pressure on banks to lend to low income neighborhoods.
Bush that's who, and it wasn'y the CRA it was his ADDI.
Bush's Dec 2003 American Dream Downpayment Initiative (ADDI) is what changed the rules to allow no downpayment loans to people with bad credit for more than the house was worth and who were at least 20% below the standard of living for the neighborhood they were buying into.

BUSH: I set an ambitious goal. It's one that I believe we can achieve. It's a clear goal, that by the end of this decade we'll increase the number of minority homeowners by at least 5.5 million families. (Applause.)

Moron

LOL

Once again the far left will never criticize their own.

Not even when there's a dress with DNA evidence.

so much of job creation is really out of the hands of a president that it's just hyperpartisan to put much into this. Putting monetarists rather than Keynesians into the Fed was bipartisan, though Ted Kennedy bitterly opposed it. The bailouts to prevent deflation in the great recession was bipartisan.

Some exceptions. Nixon set off inflation by putting poltical pressure on the Fed and Arthur Burns. If we actually have protectionist trade wars .... that will be something we havn't seen since the 1920s.

But temporary import quotas on some high tech mftring stuff like steel wouldn't be bad, or new. Bear brought up textiles, trying to take a thread off course, but even Trump appeared to finally notice that TPP had some potential benefit for US textile industries by possibly requiring low tech assembling countries to buy raw US materials.

With unemployment, I remember the late 90s early 2000s when we had first sub6% and then 4% with NO INFLATION. It was great, but I don't think anyone yet really understands how it happened.

who put pressure on banks to lend to low income neighborhoods.
Bush that's who, and it wasn'y the CRA it was his ADDI.
Bush's Dec 2003 American Dream Downpayment Initiative (ADDI) is what changed the rules to allow no downpayment loans to people with bad credit for more than the house was worth and who were at least 20% below the standard of living for the neighborhood they were buying into.

BUSH: I set an ambitious goal. It's one that I believe we can achieve. It's a clear goal, that by the end of this decade we'll increase the number of minority homeowners by at least 5.5 million families. (Applause.)
/-----/ BOOOOOOOOSH Bill Clinton turned the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act into an aggressive program that basically forced banks to lend money to "underserved" communities. That meant those with low incomes who couldn't necessarily repay a loan.
Sorry, Hillary, You And Bill — Not Tax Cuts — Caused The Financial Crisis | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

Moron

LOL

/----/ Hope this doesn't make your head explode, Faun: Here's the real story, in brief: In 1995, using the powers of the presidency, Bill Clinton turned the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act into an aggressive program that basically forced banks to lend money to "underserved" communities. That meant those with low incomes who couldn't necessarily repay a loan.
"In 1995, using the powers of the presidency, Bill Clinton turned the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act into an aggressive program..."

Dayam, mothuh fucker, you're really stuck in a time warp, ain't ya?

First you post an article which falsely claimed Obama was president from 2005-2015.

Now you talk about a law from 1977 that was amended in 1995 .... in a failed defense of a forum idiot who said....

So what did Nancy Pelosi and the Democrat Congress do "in 2007?"

WTF are you smoking?

Did you notice the word "TERM".

Do you know the difference between TERM and two TERMS?

You are lecturing me, a math major for not knowing mathematics, when you can't tell the distinction between one and two?

Last edited:

epic-fail_o_779306.jpg

Why...?

Because.....

epic-fail-8393.jpg

Yawning
LOLOL

Wrong? Moi?

If the economy expanded under Obooba, why did he have to hand out 900 billion dollars to prop up the economy?
To avert a depression.

so much of job creation is really out of the hands of a president that it's just hyperpartisan to put much into this. Putting monetarists rather than Keynesians into the Fed was bipartisan, though Ted Kennedy bitterly opposed it. The bailouts to prevent deflation in the great recession was bipartisan.

Some exceptions. Nixon set off inflation by putting poltical pressure on the Fed and Arthur Burns. If we actually have protectionist trade wars .... that will be something we havn't seen since the 1920s.

But temporary import quotas on some high tech mftring stuff like steel wouldn't be bad, or new. Bear brought up textiles, trying to take a thread off course, but even Trump appeared to finally notice that TPP had some potential benefit for US textile industries by possibly requiring low tech assembling countries to buy raw US materials.

With unemployment, I remember the late 90s early 2000s when we had first sub6% and then 4% with NO INFLATION. It was great, but I don't think anyone yet really understands how it happened.
It was called a congress that controlled the spending of clinton, it was called no cold war with the USSR for the first time in nearly 50 years, and the internet boom thanks to capitalism.

Go ahead and say it was "CLINTON."

Hilarious.

A guy lost his career and takes two part time jobs to get money coming in so Obozo counts that as two jobs created.
Nope that is a Limbaugh Lie! Only the job that they worked the most hours is counted as a job created.
/----/ Limbaugh lie? I never heard him say that. Here is my source: Nearly 95% of all new jobs during Obama era were part-time, or contract
Well here are the REAL numbers from the BLS.

Full time jobs Jan 2009, 115,818,000 and Jan 2017, 124,625,000

Part time jobs Jan 2009, 26,377,000 and Jan 2017, 27,363,000.

Looks like about 85% of jobs created under Obama were FULL TIME!!!
Your source, Like ALL CON$ervoFascist sources, are LIARS!!!

Table A-9. Selected employment indicators

epic-fail_o_779306.jpg
Also Harvard and Princeton had nothing to do with the "study," other than the authors happened to attend school there. Notice how they hide the true sponsor of the "study" to try to give it the credibility it lacks!!! It was the Far Right-wing Rand Foundation who was behind the FAKE "study."

Forum List

Back