🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Unfettered Capitalism

As far as economics go, 99% of liberoidals haven't the first idea what they're blabbering about.
Neither do Trumptards. They think tariffs are good. Our country needs to start hating politicians till we get some good ones.
Most importantly, we need to stop voting for bad ones on purpose.
The way things are going right now no politicians should be liked, yet people still stand by their team. It’s crazy.

Democracy can't work when the majority of voters are stupid and easily manipulated.
That is a crazy problem isn’t it? What I believe we need most now is campaign finance reform. As long as lobbies can keep buying politicians we will get corruption.
Yeah, and I - emphatically - don't. Given the sitting government the power to decide who can run to replace them is worse.
Letting lobbies pick and control politicians sure isn’t working.

That's inevitable under corporatism. When government's chief function is divvying up the loot, everyone will be lining up to get their cut, and the greediest, most well organized will win.

As far as economics go, 99% of liberoidals haven't the first idea what they're blabbering about.
Neither do Trumptards. They think tariffs are good. Our country needs to start hating politicians till we get some good ones.
The way things are going right now no politicians should be liked, yet people still stand by their team. It’s crazy.

Democracy can't work when the majority of voters are stupid and easily manipulated.
That is a crazy problem isn’t it? What I believe we need most now is campaign finance reform. As long as lobbies can keep buying politicians we will get corruption.
Yeah, and I - emphatically - don't. Given the sitting government the power to decide who can run to replace them is worse.

That's inevitable under corporatism. When government's chief function is divvying up the loot, everyone will be lining up to get their cut, and the greediest, most well organized will win.
That’s what I see happening now.

Exactly. But the solution isn't more corporatism (ie more power for government). It's less. This principle is at the heart of most of our vitriol around government. When government is too powerful, every election is gun to the head, and everyone will fight tooth and nail to control it.

Exactly. But the solution isn't more corporatism (ie more power for government). It's less. This principle is at the heart of most of our vitriol around government. When government is too powerful, every election is gun to the head, and everyone will fight tooth and nail to control it.
Well yes if government can’t do handouts they would stop being bought. But I think you need campaign finance reform to get better leaders to bring the change. The Scandinavians seem to have a much less corrupt system, have you studied them at all?

Well yes if government can’t do handouts they would stop being bought. But I think you need campaign finance reform to get better leaders to bring the change. The Scandinavians seem to have a much less corrupt system, have you studied them at all?

Do tell....

Nevertheless, dumbasses like you vote for politicians who like to regulate.
I voted for Trump dip shit, but I’m done voting. It clearly means nothing.

Can you see the racket? I suspect not, since you stupidly think D politicians like to regulate. They are no different than your beloved Rs, but you can’t see the truth Dummy.

You don't understand. You're talking to a partisan. If you oppose anything they say, you are a duly appointed member of "the enemy" and must comport to all their stereotypes.
IEPR9f1.jpg

Do tell....

The only election reform efforts that make sense to me are those that address the structural elements that create two-party dominance. The worst of those elements is plurality winner-take-all elections. They discourage consensus and are susceptible to corrosive strategic voting ("lesser-of-two-evils"). Ranked choice voting, or approval voting, would both be excellent alternatives. That fact that these kinds of reforms are happening, albeit at the local and state levels, is a promising development (in a sea of overwhelmingly "unpromising" developments.)

Nevertheless, dumbasses like you vote for politicians who like to regulate.
I voted for Trump dip shit, but I’m done voting. It clearly means nothing.

Can you see the racket? I suspect not, since you stupidly think D politicians like to regulate. They are no different than your beloved Rs, but you can’t see the truth Dummy.

You don't understand. You're talking to a partisan. If you oppose anything they say, you are a duly appointed member of "the enemy" and must comport to all their stereotypes.
IEPR9f1.jpg

So you're giving up on the bullshit claim that I'm "partisan"? Good.

Let's accept that government meddling is guaranteed, so is the government making a few citizens filthy rich by meddling. Power being abused is the easiest guarantee to make in the world.
Perhaps the abuse of power is made worse by the existence of private fortunes?
How could they abuse their power with their private fortunes absent government?

Government should control everything? That seems like a really bad idea.
Government should control rich people and corporations.

Again, that's your opinion. Other people think it should control pompous douchebags on the internet.

Both are an abuse of government power.
Unlike pompous Internet douchebags, government creates rich people and corporations, so it's hard to imagine reasonable people viewing public regulation of wealthy interests as an abuse.
1*QR-XUMeClBxF-5i_3BcoGQ.jpeg

Again, that's your opinion. Other people think it should control pompous douchebags on the internet.

Unlike pompous Internet douchebags, government creates rich people and corporations, so it's hard to imagine reasonable people viewing public regulation of wealthy interests as an abuse.
1*QR-XUMeClBxF-5i_3BcoGQ.jpeg
Yeah, government creates rich people by allowing them to keep their money and preventing the mob from looting it.

Do tell....

The only election reform efforts that make sense to me are those that address the structural elements that create two-party dominance. The worst of those elements is plurality winner-take-all elections. They discourage consensus and are susceptible to corrosive strategic voting ("lesser-of-two-evils"). Ranked choice voting, or approval voting, would both be excellent alternatives. That fact that these kinds of reforms are happening, albeit at the local and state levels, is a promising development (in a sea of overwhelmingly "unpromising" developments.)
The only alternative to the two party system is the parlamentary system where every party that gets above a certain percentage of the vote gets representation in the government.

Most+libertarians+love+corporations+ing+them+up+the+ass+_e3bec9fcfdcc5ca087abd050929508e5.jpg

Government doesn't create rich people or corporations. That's idiotic. But it does "regulate" them, and many of those rich people and corporations have learned that manipulating regulations is very effective way of protecting their wealth. Which is why, every time you morons pass more "regulation", they smile and bend it their way, further entrenching their power and control. Yet you remain convinced that MORE regulation is the answer.

You're convinced that everything will be better if government controls it. I think that's utterly insane.

Most+libertarians+love+corporations+ing+them+up+the+ass+_e3bec9fcfdcc5ca087abd050929508e5.jpg

Government doesn't create rich people or corporations. That's idiotic. But it does "regulate" them, and many of those rich people and corporations have learned that manipulating regulations is very effective way of protecting their wealth. Which is why, every time you morons pass more "regulation", they smile and bend it their way, further entrenching their power and control. Yet you remain convinced that MORE regulation is the answer.

You're convinced that everything will be better if government controls it. I think that's utterly insane.
Yet, Trump has cut regulations by one third, and you hate him.

No they weren't, dumbass. All three were created privately. You keep saying this because you want to convince the dumbasses that government can do whatever it wants with the economy
In advanced, "civilized" societies, government constructs money, markets, and corporations. It also generates and regulates the legal structure that's necessary for economic transactions to take place. Government can not do whatever it wants with the economy, but it can provide millions of jobs when the profit motive prevents private capitalists from doing so.

Do tell....

The only alternative to the two party system is the parlamentary system where every party that gets above a certain percentage of the vote gets representation in the government.

That would be an improvement as well. Ranked choice isn't an alternative to the two-party system. It's an alternative to plurality elections. It wouldn't do away with D's and R's. But it would undermine their dominance by eliminating "lesser-of-two-evils".

Yet, Trump has cut regulations by one third, and you hate him.

You don't get it. I have no idea what Trump has "accomplished" or what he claims he's going to do next. It's irrelevant. He's a proven liar and a troll. I don't WANT him on my side. He's dragging conservative principles into the sewer and creating an entire generation of passionate socialists that will bury us because they see his disgusting persona is the face of conservatism. He's destroying everything you pretend to care about and you don't even see it.

No they weren't, dumbass. All three were created privately. You keep saying this because you want to convince the dumbasses that government can do whatever it wants with the economy
In advanced, "civilized" societies, government constructs money, markets, and corporations. It also generates and regulates the legal structure that's necessary for economic transactions to take place. Government can not do whatever it wants with the economy, but it can provide millions of jobs when the profit motive prevents private capitalists from doing so.
You choose to call those "civilized," but nothing but your bias supports that definition. Money was created by private entities, and then government took it over. The same goes for markets. Mercantile governments invented the corporation. It's not an inherent feature of capitalism.

Law is also a not a creation of government. If you don't believe that, then read up on "common law," which is mentioned in the Constitution. Common law was invented by the common people, not by the king.

The only thing government can do is loot private wealth. It's incapable of creating its own wealth. That's all it's doing when it "provides millions of jobs."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back