Unintended (?) Consequences

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
As usual, the Empty Suit Brigade acted behind the curve and now;

Illegal grows are common in and around Aguanga, a single stop-sign town of about 2,000 people north of San Diego with horse ranches along dirt roads. Still, the scale of the Labor Day massacre stunned residents and showed how violence permeates California's illegal marijuana market.

The state broadly legalized recreational marijuana sales in January 2018. But the illicit market is thriving — in part because hefty legal marijuana taxes send consumers looking for better deals in the illegal economy.

And no, I don't do pot-

It was noted that this would happen. The police use violence to enforce extreme taxes also. The answer is not in trying to budget things off extreme level of taxes.

Legalize it. De-criminalize it. Tax It at the state and federal level. Violence and black market problem solved. This country's almost five decade "War on Drugs" is a colossal failure. I'm curious when do we get the message?

Legalize it. De-criminalize it. Tax It at the state and federal level. Violence and black market problem solved. This country's almost five decade "War on Drugs" is a colossal failure. I'm curious when do we get the message?
You don't follow along to well, ey?

You don't follow along to well, ey?

I follow along just fine. The high taxation rates caused the black market to pop up and it was tied to organized crime....I'm shocked, just completely shocked.
If it was all out in the open, none of this would have happened.

1599659175249.png

They should raise the tax another fifty percent.

After all it's a product that might ruin your health like tobacco or alcohol.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

If it was as addictive as tobacco it would work.

1599691605245.png

It's a luxury item live with the tax and the repercussions if you get caught using or growing it illegally.

Starbucks should have a high tax put on their products too. Does $10 a cup sound reasonable?

Someone has to pay for that free health care, free college, free schooling, free pay for not working, free this, and free that, that every progressive demands.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Forum List

Back