Union County social services supervisor charged with intentional child abuse

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
This has got to be the most discussing thing a government official could ever do.

A Union County social worker was one of two adults charged with intentional child abuse Friday after deputies found a child handcuffed to a porch with a dead chicken around his neck.

Dorian Lee Harper and Wanda Sue Larson, both 57, have been charged with numerous offenses after a deputy discovered the child at 4116 Austin Road, south of Monroe, authorities said.

Larson is employed as a supervisor with Union County Department of Social Services. She and Harper had adopted four children and were serving as foster parents for a fifth child, officials said.

Read more here: Child found handcuffed to porch with dead chicken around his neck | CharlotteObserver.com

Also

Larson was not present when the children were discovered but is accused of being complicit in the ongoing mistreatment of the children, the Sheriff’s Office said. She was also charged with willful failure to discharge her duty as a public official.

Last edited:
This has got to be the most discussing thing a government official could ever do.

A Union County social worker was one of two adults charged with intentional child abuse Friday after deputies found a child handcuffed to a porch with a dead chicken around his neck.

Dorian Lee Harper and Wanda Sue Larson, both 57, have been charged with numerous offenses after a deputy discovered the child at 4116 Austin Road, south of Monroe, authorities said.

Larson is employed as a supervisor with Union County Department of Social Services. She and Harper had adopted four children and were serving as foster parents for a fifth child, officials said.

Read more here: Child found handcuffed to porch with dead chicken around his neck | CharlotteObserver.com

Also

Larson was not present when the children were discovered but is accused of being complicit in the ongoing mistreatment of the children, the Sheriff’s Office said. She was also charged with willful failure to discharge her duty as a public official.

This is right up the road from here.
Unreal.
I read where the homeowner let his dogs loose to run off the first Deputy.
The Sheriff's Dept was there on a matter not related to the abuse charges.

This county must not be too far from Tennessee - I saw it on our local news last night. There were also a couple other children in the care of these people. From the looks of that house and its surroundings I find it hard to believe one of the offenders was in some supervisory position with the NC child protective agency.

Also

This is right up the road from here.
Unreal.
I read where the homeowner let his dogs loose to run off the first Deputy.
The Sheriff's Dept was there on a matter not related to the abuse charges.

I've heard two different story's on the dog. one was as you said and the other was another child walked out of the house and the dogs came out and went for the deputy.

This county must not be too far from Tennessee - I saw it on our local news last night. There were also a couple other children in the care of these people. From the looks of that house and its surroundings I find it hard to believe one of the offenders was in some supervisory position with the NC child protective agency.

It borders South Carolina near Charlotte.

Yes they should a complete investigation should be started on that office.

The North Carolina DSS is rife with controversy and mismanagement. The dept is a cluster.
Many people had already been disciplined and some dismissed for previous misconducts

The North Carolina DSS is run and managed by thugs.

Most are. Most social workers are power-mad petty dictators who think nothing of tearing a family apart to satisfy their lust for power.

Ah ... thanks for the geography lesson. I'm not too familiar with the western part of NC. My mother's family is from the eastern part of NC.

The system is broken- no doubt. As someone who has extensive experience with social services/foster care, children are often placed with families who want to monetarily gain from being foster parents and thus are abusive themselves. Social workers tend to be people who have no real grasp on reality, and care little for the family they interfere with. I personally have no use for them.

Ah ... thanks for the geography lesson. I'm not too familiar with the western part of NC. My mother's family is from the eastern part of NC.

It's east of Charlotte.

The system is broken- no doubt. As someone who has extensive experience with social services/foster care, children are often placed with families who want to monetarily gain from being foster parents and thus are abusive themselves. Social workers tend to be people who have no real grasp on reality, and care little for the family they interfere with. I personally have no use for them.

It seems the only time when we hear about social or family services, is when they screw up. Lately the NC DSS has been in the news with regularity.
And yes, there is a lot of money in it for foster parents.
And like anything else, money can corrupt.

I think so much goes county by county. Had a situation right near me where I lived in a trailer park (don't even ask it seemed like a good idea at the time trying to save for a house) and I heard this baby being beat.

So not wanting to panic or over react although I knew what I freaking heard, I talked to my husband about it. Maybe it was a one time. They had just moved in and worse yet they had family that were kin to good friends.

Okey dokey. Couple of days later I'm ready to take my dog tracking getting ready for season and I hear it again. Aye carumba. It was late summer windows were open and this was a beating. This was no spanking.

Had a ridgeback at the time and Ripley started to just lose it around the trailer. My girl went for it. She heard the baby's screams and just lost it. Did a full bay up till that bitch stopped. I was banging on the side of the trailer and yelling my ass off that I was going to kick in the door.

I was cocked locked and ready to rock and called in services.

The bloody idiots came and took a report.

My other neighbors children were interviewed. They heard the beating and were crying. I'm telling you this was a true punch out of a child. The baby was obviously beaten. Witnesses.

My other neighbor heard the whole shebang as well. They took notes and left. They just left. Kid couldn't walk. Mashed in face. Black eyes.

Nothing done.

This is just one time. Sadly as we found out down the road this couple was wanted for child abuse in Ohio.

On the bright side our intimidation on various levels worked and there were no repeat incidences, but they moved. So the good Lord only knows what happened after they left.

The nightmare for these children as bureaucrats dot their i's and cross their t's is unimaginable.

One up here I've been working for justice for is Phoenix Sinclair. Services let her die in the most horrid way.

No one has been fired to my knowledge. Had to fight to get an inquiry going because believe it or freaking not the government was worried about the reputation of the Child Services and that they might get tainted by the inquiry.

I pray there is a special place in hell for those that hurt babies.

Too many stories. Too little time to fight for all of them. But maybe one story at a time will help others to phone in what you see. To intervene.

To say you touch that kid one more time you're dealing with me. I think we all know a spanking is a spanking.

We all know how this goes.

My mom would only have to give me the MOM EYE and I knew I was toast. And if that doubled where she was even near a wooden spoon we are talking I knew I was in deep shit.

She never had to say "wait till your dad comes home". I lived in a matriach dominated family. :)

For those who grow up in fostercare, the reality is most people simply don't care for them. Even foster parents who are "caring" willingly send kids back into the system if they're too difficult to deal with. As if being a sperm receptacle for dozens men over three months while mom procured enough money to buy drugs isn't a good enough fucking reason to have problems. Too bad, the kid's not worth the hassle. Send it back.

Maybe this controversy will be of some good and raise the right kind of awareness. I agree that something should be done about the undereducated passive-aggressive retards that usually fill these jobs. Raise the salary and overall standards and get some real humans in those positions.

Forum List

Back