Union: Obama threw workers 'under the bus' in Keystone decision

What about the union jobs in transport ? Wouldn't the pipeline destroy those jobs?
Using that logic why don't we just transport it with buckets and mules? just think how many "jobs" that would "create", of course then we'd have the PETA people freakin' out about the low wages the mules were getting. :)

I'm not talking about creating jobs , I'm talking about not destroying them.

The implication of this thread is that we are throwing jobs away . But are we really ? Once the pipeline is built those construction jobs are gone and the transport jobs are also gone .

Net loss of jobs ??

Well construction jobs are by their very nature temporary. And my issue with both rail and transport is that the crude is travelling thru very populated areas.

This was an epic disaster. Lac Megantic. 47 people died.

Lac-Mégantic rail disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

300px-Lac_megantic_burning.jpg

Timmy is ignoring the jobs created by processing the oil

I find myself ignoring little timmy. They sound like they are still in high school and spews nothing but the DNC talking points. nonsense.

my guy who has worked at Ford for 28years, is pissed at his Union. He claims they are in Bed with the Big Corps now. and from what I've witnessed all these years it sure seems that way
It took him 28 years to figure out that the UAW doesn't operate in the best interests of its members? The Union Bosses over at the UAW have been putting there own best interests ahead of those of the membership for decades, IMHO it's only when they get backed into a corner by economic reality that they endeavor to provide any real value to the members which is shameful since their whole reason to exist is to maximize the value they provide the membership.

On the bright side, Ford is an outstanding company (which will hopefully continue in the post Mulally era) so he's at a good company at least. :)

my guy who has worked at Ford for 28years, is pissed at his Union. He claims they are in Bed with the Big Corps now. and from what I've witnessed all these years it sure seems that way
It took him 28 years to figure out that the UAW doesn't operate in the best interests of its members? The Union Bosses over at the UAW have been putting there own best interests ahead of those of the membership for decades, IMHO it's only when they get backed into a corner by economic reality that they endeavor to provide any real value to the members which is shameful since their whole reason to exist is to maximize the value they provide the membership.

On the bright side, Ford is an outstanding company (which will hopefully continue in the post Mulally era) so he's at a good company at least. :)

yeah, he wasn't and still isn't very Political. he just worked his ass off all his life as a pipefitter, all over the country and out of country...... and I guess he's feeling it now in his older age.:smile:

And the damage from the train wrecks, or the barge spill that closed down the Mississippi River???

Really, you have your head so far up your ass with your partisan politics that you are starting to look like a fool...

But then, if you're a Democrat, you can't be too bright, anyway...

no, guy,, not very bright is still being a Republican after 2008, when you all fucked up... well, everything.

The thing is, a train car might be a bad spill and all, but containable. A pipeline bursting open or being blown up by a terrorist would spill a lot more crude into the water table, and that's the point.
So now the Idiot that's lucky he's not serving a term in Leavenworth for thinking a security clearance means you can hand out classified information like candy on Halloween knows all about pipelines...

RFLMAO

The "just temporary jobs" line is just so bizarre. Construction jobs by their very nature are temporary.

I agree. The jobs are temporary.

The ecological damage this pipeline could cause will last forever.

Now, that said, I think Obama was kind of chickenshit on this decision. He dragged it out for years, and only made it AFTER the Canadian company that wanted the pipeline withdrew it's proposal because there isn't that much demand for expensive to process Tar Sand Oil now that the cost of regular sweet crude is down to $44.00 a barrel.

Depends on what you call and how you define "DAMAGE". Especially 'permanent' ones.

Was building all those sky scrapers on Manhattan island permanent damage?

Were all the Interstate highways on which you can travel without a single traffic light fro Seattle to Miami, from Boston to San Diego, from Jacksonville to Los Angeles, from Atlanta to Salt lake City a damage? Permanent? Aren't you glad?

Aren't you glad or better still, don't you hope that such damage will last forever?

I helped to build a pipeline in Canada when I was a recent immigrant, almost sixty years ago. There has NEVER been any trouble on that line in the interim. There have been all kinds of problems with transporting oil by rail and ships.

Like it or not, gasoline is needed for a nation on wheels. When you come up with a viable alternative to gasoline I will be happy to be agree with you. For me "viable" means that I can travel all of the routes I mentioned above with five minutes stops to refuel or longer if I need to pee.

As far as "permanent damage" due to using products from oil pumped from the Earth, are you willing to give up the benefits you enjoy from the products using oil pumped from the Earth, because you are too nice or too environmentally aware to cause "permanent damage"??

I doubt it.

What about the union jobs in transport ? Wouldn't the pipeline destroy those jobs?
Using that logic why don't we just transport it with buckets and mules? just think how many "jobs" that would "create", of course then we'd have the PETA people freakin' out about the low wages the mules were getting. :)

The implication of this thread is that we are throwing jobs away . But are we really ? Once the pipeline is built those construction jobs are gone and the transport jobs are also gone .

Net loss of jobs ??

Well construction jobs are by their very nature temporary. And my issue with both rail and transport is that the crude is travelling thru very populated areas.

I find myself ignoring little timmy. They sound like they are still in high school and spews nothing but the DNC talking points. nonsense.

funny-dog-pictures-timmy-well.jpg

yeah, he wasn't and still isn't very Political. he just worked his ass off all his life as a pipefitter, all over the country and out of country...... and I guess he's feeling it now in his older age.:smile:
Hats off to him and I hope he gets all the rewards due to him for his hard work! I have many family members who spent their careers at Ford so I get to hear about how wonderful Ford is doing all the time, especially given that I was the rebel that started my post college at Chrysler (they like to rub my nose in that). :D

sorry union thugs, screw the unions ... the usual RW anti union clan suddenly becomes pro union supporters and pro French Canadian protectionists....

its difficult to make up their mind because they don't have a mind ..

sorry union thugs, screw the unions ... the usual RW anti union clan suddenly becomes pro union supporters and pro French Canadian protectionists....

is that supposed to make sense?

Net loss of jobs ??

View attachment 54105

oh no!!!!!!!

Hats off to him and I hope he gets all the rewards due to him for his hard work! I have many family members who spent their careers at Ford so I get to hear about how wonderful Ford is doing all the time, especially given that I was the rebel that started my post college at Chrysler (they like to rub my nose in that). :D

Lol, you worked for Chrysler. I know a few people who works there. good folks
to you my dear:beer:

not to you ... you lack a mind ...

not to you ... you lack a mind ...

you realize you used the same line two posts in a row?

Obama loved the unions when they were giving him campaign funds in 2008 and 2012 but now he loves billionaire Tom Steyer's environmental wacko money better.

Obama has made a lot of people "dismayed and disgusted" so now the union pukes can join the club. Maybe they will think a little bit next time for giving the extreme Left Wing Moon Bats their money.

Obama loved the unions when they were giving him campaign funds in 2008 and 2012 but now he loves billionaire Tom Steyer's environmental wacko money better.

Obama has made a lot of people "dismayed and disgusted" so now the union pukes can join the club. Maybe they will think a little bit next time for giving the extreme Left Wing Moon Bats their money.
:thup:
We can wish that but I doubt it. they've been in bed with with the Democrats for years. they'll just promise them some more Favors if they stick with them. this is what the citizens don't realize about these Unions. I wish they would. they were good at one time but TODAY they are selling the LEGAL citizen/workers out and is now pushing for Amnesty behind Obama. We have to vote them out in 2016.

This is how stupid union people are. Dumbsses!

LIUNA Endorses President Obama for Second Term as President

LIUNA Endorses President Obama for Second Term as President

Washington, D.C. (March 8, 2012) – The General Executive Board of LIUNA – the Laborers International Union of North America – has endorsed Barack Obama for a second term as President. The endorsement comes after a unanimous vote of the union’s board on Wednesday.

“President Obama has earned a second term as President,” said Terry O’Sullivan, LIUNA General President. “Despite unprecedented and unrelenting hostility from extremist Republicans determined to see him fail, President Obama has achieved many laudable goals. We think America needs a leader who will fight to create jobs and build a bigger middle class. It's a no- brainer – Barack Obama is the only choice to lead this country for four more years.”

Last edited:
Only a jackass idiot like Obama would prevent Americans from building a pipeline to carry energy. Like a world class jackass in the back pocket of the Environmental Wackos.

We need to get this jackass out of office and replace him with somebody that understand economics and not somebody that thinks this AGW scam is the most important issue in the world.

And the damage from the train wrecks, or the barge spill that closed down the Mississippi River???

Really, you have your head so far up your ass with your partisan politics that you are starting to look like a fool...

But then, if you're a Democrat, you can't be too bright, anyway...

no, guy,, not very bright is still being a Republican after 2008, when you all fucked up... well, everything.

The thing is, a train car might be a bad spill and all, but containable. A pipeline bursting open or being blown up by a terrorist would spill a lot more crude into the water table, and that's the point.

Do you mean the "f...K up" of getting a congress run by democrats in 2006? We all can see where that got us in 2008 and then with a 10 trillion dollar debt. Yeah that was a real f..k up.

Why shouldn't Obama throw union workers under the bus? It's not like he needs their campaign donations and votes for re-election...he's done with that. So under the bus for them while Obama self-promotes his future with Global GreeNazis.

Forum List

Back