United Airlines Dragging Incident.Can You Imagine If It Was Hillary Clinton Or Mike Tyson?

The one thing I'll say I disagree with UA on is this..... The lottery for which passengers would be booted should have taken place BEFORE boarding. You can't tell me they didn't know about the issue before boarding started.
Normally, that's the case. This is why I think it's a Force Majeure situation. Typically, either the regular crew was trapped somewhere else due to weather or a mechanical problem.

The fact that they had 4 crew members packed and waiting in the airport on standby shows it was something UA knew about before they boarded the plane.

No connections in Louisville. It looks like United had a last minute problem with an airliner and needed to send four crew members to Louisville. Better to inconvenience 4 passengers in Chicago than strand 130 passengers in Louisville for lack of crewmembers.

According to what I have read, the employees needed to work the following day. Why not fly the standby employees on the 9pm flight?
Crew rest rules. Do you really want an airline to be crewed by people who only had 3 hours of sleep in the last 24 hours?

Again, the appears to be a last minute problem. If the crewmembers were regularly scheduled to do that flight then they'd have been boarded previously. The four passengers who deplaned would never have been onboard.

FWIW, when there are no volunteers the airlines usually go to the cheapest tickets and the last to check in. So if you are buying your ticket off Orbitz or Hotwire, make sure you check in an hour or two prior to avoid being deplaned off a crowded flight.

About as much as I would like my doctor to have had 3 hours of sleep in the last 24 hrs. To have the flight the following day covered United could have shuffled their employee rosters. This entire thing was because United did not want to be inconvenienced.

And if they had gone with the cheapest tickets or the last one to check in it would be one thing. For all we know the man in the video paid top price for the section and checked in first.
Nonetheless, crew rest rules are federal law. The next morning's flight would have either been canceled or delayed by several hours. Again, better to inconvenience 4 than 130.

You are free to believe they pulled off that one man because he was Vietnamese, but the reality is that it's based on lowest ticket price and check-in time. This will come out in court if the airline presses charges against the passenger if he sues the airline. Again, the airline's PR department would prefer this to go away, but if the passenger decides to sue, the airline will literally make a federal case out of it and that doctor will be convicted of violating Federal law.

No, they stated that they pulled them off according to a randomly selected group of 4.
It is random; go to the lowest ticket price and work from the bottom up based on check-in time.

That is a big reach there Divine. Bottom line, the traveling public will remember this for a while and it will effect the profitability of United.
What's the big reach? I'm telling you that's the way it is.

Yeah, yeah. People will scream "I'll never fly United airlines again!!!!" then when it's the only airline going to Buttfuck, MS or the cheapest ticket on Orbitz, they'll board the airline like sheep. Baaa!

2142393.jpg

Not everyone. I had 2 very bad experiences with Continental years ago. Since then they have had the lowest fare, but I refuse to ever fly that airline again. I'll pay a few dollars more to avoid them.

According to what I have read, the employees needed to work the following day. Why not fly the standby employees on the 9pm flight?
Crew rest rules. Do you really want an airline to be crewed by people who only had 3 hours of sleep in the last 24 hours?

Again, the appears to be a last minute problem. If the crewmembers were regularly scheduled to do that flight then they'd have been boarded previously. The four passengers who deplaned would never have been onboard.

FWIW, when there are no volunteers the airlines usually go to the cheapest tickets and the last to check in. So if you are buying your ticket off Orbitz or Hotwire, make sure you check in an hour or two prior to avoid being deplaned off a crowded flight.

About as much as I would like my doctor to have had 3 hours of sleep in the last 24 hrs. To have the flight the following day covered United could have shuffled their employee rosters. This entire thing was because United did not want to be inconvenienced.

And if they had gone with the cheapest tickets or the last one to check in it would be one thing. For all we know the man in the video paid top price for the section and checked in first.
Nonetheless, crew rest rules are federal law. The next morning's flight would have either been canceled or delayed by several hours. Again, better to inconvenience 4 than 130.

You are free to believe they pulled off that one man because he was Vietnamese, but the reality is that it's based on lowest ticket price and check-in time. This will come out in court if the airline presses charges against the passenger if he sues the airline. Again, the airline's PR department would prefer this to go away, but if the passenger decides to sue, the airline will literally make a federal case out of it and that doctor will be convicted of violating Federal law.

No, they stated that they pulled them off according to a randomly selected group of 4.
It is random; go to the lowest ticket price and work from the bottom up based on check-in time.

According to what I have read, they created a randomly generated list of 4 after the boarding process was completed. They did not take the lowest priced ticket or the last to check in.

Pass a law that makes it a 200 million dollar fine for overbooking flights.

Problem solved.

Why would anyone fly from Chicago to Louisville?

Distance 300 miles, driving time 4 and a half hour.

You save less than an hour flying and spend a hell of a lot more money.

The one thing I'll say I disagree with UA on is this..... The lottery for which passengers would be booted should have taken place BEFORE boarding. You can't tell me they didn't know about the issue before boarding started.
Normally, that's the case. This is why I think it's a Force Majeure situation. Typically, either the regular crew was trapped somewhere else due to weather or a mechanical problem.

The fact that they had 4 crew members packed and waiting in the airport on standby shows it was something UA knew about before they boarded the plane.

1) Airlines often have "standby" crew members, usually the most junior doing exactly that: sitting in the crew room waiting for an assignment.

2) They could also have pulled those crew members from another flight to do this one even if it means cancelling another flight, usually one that is either shorter, has more flights where passengers can be reaccomodated or makes less money. It's robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Why would anyone fly from Chicago to Louisville?

Distance 300 miles, driving time 4 and a half hour.

You save less than an hour flying and spend a hell of a lot more money.
For some, time is money. For others, they are connecting through Chicago. Example, there may not be any direct flights from LAX or JFK to SDF.

According to what I have read, they created a randomly generated list of 4 after the boarding process was completed. They did not take the lowest priced ticket or the last to check in.
Yes, newspapers are always 100% correct. LOL

That is a big reach there Divine. Bottom line, the traveling public will remember this for a while and it will effect the profitability of United.

Yeah, yeah. People will scream "I'll never fly United airlines again!!!!" then when it's the only airline going to Buttfuck, MS or the cheapest ticket on Orbitz, they'll board the airline like sheep. Baaa!

2142393.jpg

Not everyone. I had 2 very bad experiences with Continental years ago. Since then they have had the lowest fare, but I refuse to ever fly that airline again. I'll pay a few dollars more to avoid them.
Good for you. Sit around an airport for 4 extra hours, spend an extra night in a hotel or pay a few hundred extra dollars just to spite them! LOL

As this flight shows, United was full. You won't be missed.

No connections in Louisville. It looks like United had a last minute problem with an airliner and needed to send four crew members to Louisville. Better to inconvenience 4 passengers in Chicago than strand 130 passengers in Louisville for lack of crewmembers.

Cancelling or delaying a flight is not that unusual. Inconvenience should not involve violently removing a passenger.
They should have deplaned everyone. The only reboarded those who were authorized. Again, the plane wasn't leaving with a belligerent and violent passenger on board.

Again, the man was not belligerent or violent until they forcibly removed him. He was not acting out before that.
He failed to deplane when asked. That, in itself, is a Federal rule violation. He could face jail time and/or a $10,000 fine. Let's not forget he was disobeying police officers. What do you think the result would be if you and I refused to leave a restaurant at closing and the owners called the cops?

Wrong comparison

A correct comparison would be being told to leave a restaurant after you had already been seated and paid for your meal so that someone else could be given your table

Apparently this ex-doctor had a checkered past. David Dao: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Oh....and he wasn't removed once but twice. The first time he was dragged out and he was turned lose but then he ran back into the cabin with blood all over his face after bashing into an armrest.
This guy had lost his license to practice for 10 years because of illegally prescribing painkillers. He would have served 2 years but got probation instead. His medical training came from a school in Vietnam.

"The man who was forcibly dragged off of an overbooked United Airlines flight has been identified as David Dao, a doctor, professional poker player and father of five originally from Vietnam who was once convicted of trading drugs for sex as part of a downfall that derailed his medical career."

1-eca60fd26b.jpg

2-d64a7290b2.jpg

2142393.jpg

Good for you. Sit around an airport for 4 extra hours, spend an extra night in a hotel or pay a few hundred extra dollars just to spite them! LOL

As this flight shows, United was full. You won't be missed.

Actually it was full minus four nonpaying seats moron.

Apparently this ex-doctor had a checkered past. David Dao: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Oh....and he wasn't removed once but twice. The first time he was dragged out and he was turned lose but then he ran back into the cabin with blood all over his face after bashing into an armrest.
This guy had lost his license to practice for 10 years because of illegally prescribing painkillers. He would have served 2 years but got probation instead. His medical training came from a school in Vietnam.

"The man who was forcibly dragged off of an overbooked United Airlines flight has been identified as David Dao, a doctor, professional poker player and father of five originally from Vietnam who was once convicted of trading drugs for sex as part of a downfall that derailed his medical career."

1-eca60fd26b.jpg

2-d64a7290b2.jpg

More blame the victim...Well, you were not a very good doctor anyway

It was not Dr Dao who overbooked the flight

Pass a law that makes it a 200 million dollar fine for overbooking flights.

Problem solved.
Good luck passing that law. Next time ride Greyhound.
I don't have to pass anything. It is ONE possible solution to the problem. Throwing out solutions is much more preferable to the blame game.

But then, this nation doesn't actually want to solve problems anymore. That would prevent us from being outraged all the time.

1-eca60fd26b.jpg

2-d64a7290b2.jpg

Oh so here we go, discredit the victim so that these CREEPS FROM united Airlines can good good.

1-eca60fd26b.jpg

2-d64a7290b2.jpg

Oh so here we go, discredit the victim so that these CREEPS FROM united Airlines can good good.

Was he really the "victim"?
United handled this really poorly, but United didn't make this guy scream like a fucking two year old.

:laugh2: :laugh: :laugh2: Now thats a visual !!. Can you imagine if it was Hillary Clinton that was chosen to be physically removed from that United Airlines flight? Anyone want to guess how she would of defended herself? :meow:
Or what if it was Mike Tyson, wearing sunglasses, authority had no idea it was him,,and those guards tried to pry him off his seat. Gee, who would of won that battle? :smoke:
Hillary would kick their asses almost as quick as she would kick yours.

Forum List

Back