Universal background checks... really?

That actually is totally untrue.
It is actually much easier to buy firearms in all other countries compared to the US, except maybe Japan.
The US has over 10,000 firearms laws, and most are complex federal laws, like it being illegal to even drive by a school with a firearm in the trunk of your car.
In other countries you may have to register or license, but that is much less complex than the finger printing and background check you have to do in the US.
All you have to do in the UK, France, Germany, etc., is to join a club and you then are guaranteed approval.
In places like Switzerland and Israel, the government is giving out guns for free, and almost mandating people be armed.
That is the opposite of what I've read from almost every other source. Where are you getting this information? I'd be real interested in a link.
This from Newsweek:

View attachment 277209
Rigby seems to be forgetting the "show good reason to own a firearm" part.
As well as the police interview part

Moron, the Pulse Night Club shooter went through 3 interviews with trained FBI interrogators who thought he might be a muslim terrorist.....they also did a complete, FBI background check and did an under cover approach with an agent....he also passed an extensive background check for his job and a background check for each gun he purchased....

You don't understand the issue.
Sounds like you are saying that banning the AR 15 is the only solution! :p

And that list leaves out the majority of mass shootings where pistols were used...you moron.
Ask yourself, why didn't all of those mass shootings with pistols turn out to be MASS MURDERS?

Moron.....

Virginia Tech...32 killed, 2 pistols.

Luby's Cafe....24 killed 2 pistols.

Fort Hood shooting, 14 dead, 33 injured one pistol, one revolver.

Russian Polytechnic shooting....20 dead, 40 injured, tube fed, 5 shot, pump action shotgun.

Navy Yard shooting....12 dead...pump action shotgun.
5. Out of how many? But if you want to ban pistols and pump action shotguns too, I'm all in.

Progressives want Background checks on all private sales. Why? Who pays for that? Paying for an right?
That is definitely unconstitutional and absolutely ridiculous.

Any type of waiting period on an right? I don’t think so, definitely unconstitutional and absolutely ridiculous.
No one should have to wait more than seconds to purchase their firearms.

Obviously universal background checks I have nothing to do with firearms… Like always... it’s always been about control.
The fucking spineless gun grabbers can pound sand... lol
I still don't even understand how they think this will do anything.
My brother-in-law met a guy off the side of the highway at a rest stop. He gave some money, and got a gun.
Now how exactly to you pretend to try and enforce a universal background check on that? Ridiculous.
It can't be enforced without universal registration -- which is the next step.
No one wonders why the anti-gun loons want universal registration.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Canada try universal registration, and find that after some years, not a single crime in the entire country, was prevented by it? It did nothing.
That;s the net effect - they spent gobs of money, for no effect.
Of course I grasp that this will not stop the loony left, but you would think that most people can learn from the experiences of others.
The loony left looks to eventually confiscate guns, and knows it cannot do so unless they are all on record.

That is the opposite of what I've read from almost every other source. Where are you getting this information? I'd be real interested in a link.
This from Newsweek:

View attachment 277209

Moron, the Pulse Night Club shooter went through 3 interviews with trained FBI interrogators who thought he might be a muslim terrorist.....they also did a complete, FBI background check and did an under cover approach with an agent....he also passed an extensive background check for his job and a background check for each gun he purchased....

No, ending gun free zones is the answer.....go watch the show, "Active Shooter," the Pulse Night Club episode....they talk to people who were in the club during the attack, and you will see, had the victims been allowed to have guns, the shooter would have been stopped cold.

And that list leaves out the majority of mass shootings where pistols were used...you moron.
Ask yourself, why didn't all of those mass shootings with pistols turn out to be MASS MURDERS?

Moron.....

Russian Polytechnic shooting....20 dead, 40 injured, tube fed, 5 shot, pump action shotgun.

5. Out of how many? But if you want to ban pistols and pump action shotguns too, I'm all in.

Yes...we know....it will not end with the AR-15. The majority of mass public shootings are done with pistols....

Not permanently.
How would you determine who should be denied guns and votes?

And let me just add, I don't think a person who we don't want owning a gun or voting should be walking the streets freely.

When a person has a restraining order (real or imagined for violence) they are often times temporarily removed from possessing firearms. The Restraining order always has a time period where it runs out. I doubt if we need to be locking those people up. Just keep them away from firearms for a short time until the cool off period ends.

Many are imagined and bullshit.
.Violence or fear of violence is like racism now. It can mean anything and judges tend to err on the side of so called safety when signing those orders.

I mean all your girlfriend or wife has to say is you raised your voice, looked cross-eyed at her, or you tapped her on the butt because she didn't iron your shirt correctly....
Why would you raise your voice or tap her on the butt because she didn't iron your shirt correctly? Iron your own fuckin' shirt.

Not my job...

Where are all the guns sold illegally on the black market, gotten from? Who do the criminal gun sellers get their guns from to sell illegally?

That's something else that we should focus on....

Moron.....

Yes...we know....it will not end with the AR-15. The majority of mass public shootings are done with pistols....

the difference between mass shootings and mass murders, is what?

Where are all the guns sold illegally on the black market, gotten from? Who do the criminal gun sellers get their guns from to sell illegally?

That's something else that we should focus on....

They use straw buyers who can pass a background check...any background check to buy the guns. Most of the time it is the baby momma, mother, sister, or grandmother of the gang member.....also, gangs have robbery crews dedicated to robbing homes specifically looking for guns...that is all they steal.....and they get the names of the owners from registration lists, like in L.A.......because their relatives work for the state governments at all levels.....

Now, you also have the Mexican drug cartels building gun factories on the border with the U.S.......so no matter how badly you want to ban guns, the drug cartels will fill all the orders our criminals want.

Not permanently.
How would you determine who should be denied guns and votes?

And let me just add, I don't think a person who we don't want owning a gun or voting should be walking the streets freely.

When a person has a restraining order (real or imagined for violence) they are often times temporarily removed from possessing firearms. The Restraining order always has a time period where it runs out. I doubt if we need to be locking those people up. Just keep them away from firearms for a short time until the cool off period ends.

Many are imagined and bullshit.
.Violence or fear of violence is like racism now. It can mean anything and judges tend to err on the side of so called safety when signing those orders.

I mean all your girlfriend or wife has to say is you raised your voice, looked cross-eyed at her, or you tapped her on the butt because she didn't iron your shirt correctly....
Why would you raise your voice or tap her on the butt because she didn't iron your shirt correctly? Iron your own fuckin' shirt.

And don't get me started on how many times I have to make her re-iron my socks and underwear...

No, ending gun free zones is the answer.....go watch the show, "Active Shooter," the Pulse Night Club episode....they talk to people who were in the club during the attack, and you will see, had the victims been allowed to have guns, the shooter would have been stopped cold.
No one was in a gun free zone in Odessa or Midland this weekend. How did that work out for ya? I'm sure the Walmart in ElPaso wasn't a gun free zone either.
YOUR ARGUMENT IS NOTHING BUT A DREAM.

Moron.....

the difference between mass shootings and mass murders, is what?

A mass public shooting is a shooting in a public place that has no other underlying crime or connection to criminality. That is why a gang member shooting up a party is not a mass public shooting.....

Moron.....

You are the one calling the incidences Mass Shootings vs. calling them Mass Murders..... so what is the difference?

No one was in a gun free zone in Odessa or Midland this weekend. How did that work out for ya? I'm sure the Walmart in ElPaso wasn't a gun free zone either.
YOUR ARGUMENT IS NOTHING BUT A DREAM.

Moron....you pick the one guy with actual police chasing him through public spaces as your example....? Are you really that stupid? 90% of mass public shootings are in gun free zones.....you moron.

Moron.....

You are the one calling the incidences Mass Shootings vs. calling them Mass Murders..... so what is the difference?

A mass public shooting is a shooting in a public place that has no other underlying crime or connection to criminality. That is why a gang member shooting up a party is not a mass public shooting.....

Anti-gunners combine the two to get their shooting numbers up...because actual mass public shootings in 2018? 12..... 93 killed total...

Lawn mowers kill over 75 people every single year, knives kill over 1,500 people every single year...

So if you only used mass public shootings, and used the actual numbers, normal people couldn't be stampeded into giving you power.

No, you're right. Background checks won't do the trick. Ban and confiscate assault rifles and mags over 10 rounds. Insist on safety courses and licensing, including a clean mental health evaluation, every five years, for any gun. Clean up the NICS data base so it actually contains the information needed to make an informed decision on a potential buyer's appropriateness for a gun.
Americans are stupid mental cases.
No law, no single provision of a regulation will ever, and has never stopped criminal actions. Speed limits have not eradicated high speed highway accidents. No building codes have ever ended building fires.

But who would argue that speed limits have substantially reduced high speed airomobile accidents? Who would argue that building codes have been totally ineffective in making construction standards higher and therefore safer?

The Gun Culture is retrenching so deeply in the canard that massively popular, common sense gun safety regulations inevitably result in gun confiscation. The 'slippery slope' doctrine.

Those who successfully introduced Prohibition used the same intractable political tact. The most obstinate politics in 20th century American politics. But when faced with overwhelming popular opposition, they held fast until they were utterly smashed. A few compromises would most certainly saved the Prohibition movement.

You can't name any common sense gun regulations....all you put out are gun laws meant to restrict gun access for law abiding gun owners.
Every gun owner is a law abiding citizen right up to the point they pull the trigger.

A background check does not infringe the right to bear arms.

Jayzus! Ya want an ID to cast a vote, but not to get a gun!

Voting isn't a right.
Would you deny a gun to the same people you would deny the vote?

Are we talking about Illegals? Hell Yea!

Mass shooting:
Dating back to at least 2005, the FBI and leading criminologists essentially defined a mass shooting as a single attack in a public place in which four or more victims were killed.
A Guide to Mass Shootings in America

Remember....they weren't getting enough of them with the 4 dead rule, so obama lowered it to 3........

Forum List

Back