University of Louisville apologizes over Hispanic Halloween costumes

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014

YOU.HAVE.GOT.TO.BE.KIDDING.ME.

The far left extremists that now controls the Democrat party and the liberal movement have now declared war on Halloween costumes that represent an ethnic group.

Which means no one wears sombreros.

And no one has fun on Halloween.

Who is in charge of deciding what is offensive and what isn't?

Who knows?

Anyone who defends this, I'm going to write down your names, put it in my signature, and never let you forget what an asshole you are.

The far left extremists that now controls the Democrat party and the liberal movement have now declared war on Halloween costumes that represent an ethnic group.

Who knows?

Anyone who defends this, I'm going to write down your names, put it in my signature, and never let you forget what an asshole you are.

"We’re human beings, we’re not costumes,” she said.

I don't see how they are mutually exclusive. If I dressed as a cowboy, I'm not saying that cowboys aren't human.If I dressed as a surfer, I'm not saying that surfers aren't human.

Oh, and feel free to put my name in your sig. Really, no one gives a shit.

:lol:

Why do you care?

I agree that people are too thin-skinned - and that includes you guys, too.

Why should anyone have any more respect for your outrage and offense over other people being offended at something you find benign than for those offended in the first place?

God damn liberals.

Ok....can't dress as a serial killer bc most are white and it's racist. Can't dress as a basketball or football player because most are black. Don't DARE be a ninja....they're all Asian ya know.

Fucking liberals man. Time to airlift them all over the Atlantic and push em out.

PS, threatening to put a poster's name in your signature is pretty much the most pathetic thing I've ever seen on a message board. Seriously, grow the fuck up.

Who knows?

No one gives a shit what you put in your sig. Have at it. The people that are in charge of deciding whats offensive are the people that say its offensive. Dont whine because people think your rudeness is offensive.

Who knows?

There goes my old Mexican Killer Bee costume. :(

Who knows?

I didnt know Mexico had killer bees?

What is the beef? Its a costume. People wear cultural clothes from around the world, occupations and throughout history. Costumes don't have to be scary or fictional. Were shawls and sombreros never worn? They were the fashion of Mexican bands and restaurants for decades.

Seems everyone is "offended" by something some time. When did people get so thin skinned? Lots of people dress and day of the dead in face and dress. Is that offensive as well?

University should not have to apologise.

If they dressed as Marie Antoinette, should the french be objecting? Its a costume.

What is the beef? Its a costume. People wear cultural clothes from around the world, occupations and throughout history. Costumes don't have to be scary or fictional. Were shawls and sombreros never worn? They were the fashion of Mexican bands and restaurants for decades.

Seems everyone is "offended" by something some time. When did people get so thin skinned? Lots of people dress and day of the dead in face and dress. Is that offensive as well?

If they dressed as Marie Antoinette, should the french be objecting? Its a costume.

Its a college. Our current climate puts the bounds of permissibly in the hands of teenagers. If some 19 year old is offended, then something somewhere must be wrong.

Back in the real world, people that thin skinned are generally shunned. Generally, people just don't have the patience for it.

These people aren't just the New victim class. they are also damn Bullies.

oh well you had some here cheering how Hispanics is going to take over the country and put them white people in their place

there's a look at your future. learn to bow now

Who knows?

I didnt know Mexico had killer bees?

And they have invaded the US.

>>
Killer bees Facts
Killer bee is a type of bee created in laboratory in Brazil by mixing European honeybee with African bee. They are also known as Africanized bees. Scientists wanted to create a bee that will produce more honey, but unfortunately they created less effective and highly aggressive species. After escaping from the laboratory, newly created bee began conquering bee hives of Mexican and American honeybees. Killer bee can be found in Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Texas and California.
<<

The beef is that they didnt appreciate white people portraying their culture as a costume. Says so right in the link. Your only job is to figure out if you are going to honor that sentiment or not. If you dont wish to honor it then dont complain about the reaction. If you do your actions will signify to the offended you have a modicum of respect.

The beef is that they didnt appreciate white people portraying their culture as a costume. Says so right in the link. Your only job is to figure out if you are going to honor that sentiment or not. If you dont wish to honor it then dont complain about the reaction. If you do your actions will signify to the offended you have a modicum of respect.

Costumes are common for many occasions and parties. If they were celebrating indian (country) day women would wear saris. If they were celebrating greek day they might wear anything from toga to a roumeli.

Mexican sombreros can be found in most costume and party store. They are sold to tourists that visit Mexico. Why shouldn't people choose to dress up in a sombrero and serape? People are free to dress however they like. Freedom of expression.

upload_2015-10-30_14-40-10.png
vector-illustration-mexican-children-boy-girl-people-set-woman-man-dressed-national-costumes-53332223.jpg
blue-mexican-poncho.JPG

Any cinco de mayo they will be dress like these

And the 'implications' they offered don't make sense.

"We're human. Not a costume."

Dressing in costume doesn't imply that the subject of the costume isn't human. If I dress as a cowboy, I'm not saying that cowboys aren't human. If I dress up as a surfer, I'm not saying that surfers aren't human. Nor would anyone rationally imply otherwise.

Louisville has a good-sized Hispanic population...

... they were just tryin ' to make `em feel welcome...

... and accepted...

... no offense intended.

Costumes are common for many occasions and parties. If they were celebrating indian (country) day women would wear saris. If they were celebrating greek day they might wear anything from toga to a roumeli.

Mexican sombreros can be found in most costume and party store. They are sold to tourists that visit Mexico. Why shouldn't people choose to dress up in a sombrero and serape? People are free to dress however they like. Freedom of expression.

View attachment 53631
vector-illustration-mexican-children-boy-girl-people-set-woman-man-dressed-national-costumes-53332223.jpg
blue-mexican-poncho.JPG

Any cinco de mayo they will be dress like these
I never said people shouldnt dress up in whatever they want to wear. The point is that if someone says they are offended then they have the right to say that using freedom of expression. Also the college was not forced to apologize. They respected what the people had to say and apologized.

And the 'implications' they offered don't make sense.

"We're human. Not a costume."

Dressing in costume doesn't imply that the subject of the costume isn't human. If I dress as a cowboy, I'm not saying that cowboys aren't human. If I dress up as a surfer, I'm not saying that surfers aren't human. Nor would anyone rationally imply otherwise.
The reasons make sense to me, the people that apologized and the people that were offended. Like I was saying you can choose to be respectful or not.

If I said or did something, and a colleague of mine was offended by it, I would apologize to them, even if I didn't personally feel that what I did was offensive. Intention doesn't mean anything, in this case.

I don't see why that's hard to understand.

Forum List

Back