Unpatriotic Dems In Virginia Erases Confederate Holiday

The history that has been destroyed is the revisionist history of the Confederacy as a honorable institution. It was one on the worst countries ever conceived in the history of mankind

Actually Bot, the Antebellum south under the USA was worse.
It was not established as a Slave Country
The USA had slavery from day one.
We did not separate from England to ensure we could have slavery forever.

The CSA did

The CSA separated from England? :dunno:

[

Generalizations are by definition fallacies. The post quoted actually understated the timeline and it was put there in correction to the mythology of associating a political party with Slavery. In actual fact the overwhelming majority of slave owners/traders had no political party at all, both because none was needed for a nonpolitical activity, and not least of which because NONE EXISTED.

Not to mention exponentially greater numbers of Africans that were shipped to other places that to this day have never had a Democratic Party at all, yet somehow found a way to buy and sell human cargo.

So that's how the mythological and fallacious generalization of trying to pin Slavery on a political party goes down in flames. Kablooey.

They are??? :eek:

Nah, you're just fucking stupid...

There is no such thing as a "Liberal Democrat" --- or a "Liberal anything" -- standing in a schoolhouse door.
At one time it was their signature prop...some even seemed to major in it

Can't be done. The whole basis of Liberalism is that "all men are created equal".
Until liberals decide that's wrong because it's sexist

That leaves zero room for racism.
See mike bloomberg as the latest example, [now that his racism is out in the open the liberals in the party of his political birth welcomes him back with open arms] ... robert byrd is your prototypical liberal racist... or as hillary called him, "MENTOR"...is that what zero racism looks like to a liberal?

What a dumbass. And we thought you were embarrassing yourself BEFORE
:abgg2q.jpg:
Jefferson Davis - Wikipedia
Jefferson Finis Davis[a] (June 3, 1808 – December 6, 1889) was an American politician who served as the president of the Confederate States from 1861 to 1865. As a member of the Democratic Party, he represented Mississippi in the United States Senate and the House of Representatives before the American Civil War.

Last edited:
Yeah, you said that. And then I pointed out how he changed in life, while you are currently working to tear this nation apart.

So, like I said, uncensored point is likely on. As you know, or you would have directly challenged it.

Actually what Pothead ("Uncensored") said was that Lee, quote, "never owned a slave in his life".

He was wrong about that, and Brutha did directly challenge it.

And yet, Lee, as I said, lost, surrendered and later redeemed himself by becoming a national icon of reconciliation and unity, while superbruther is actively trying to tear this nation apart, so, uncensored's point could still be pretty much on.

Really, tell us what Lee actually did to reconcile and unite the country. Please enlighten us.
...t.

Neither one of us cares what the details are. So, why the fuck are you asking? Nothing I say could possibly make a single impression in your hate filled bigoted mind.

YOu are against these memorials, because you are a racist and a bigot, and reasons are shit you come up with to justify your hate and racism.
Soviet Union wanted to change history. Taliban wanted to change history. Chairman Mao wanted to change history. So I'm not surprised that 2020 Democratic Party wants to do the same.
The Lost Cause changed history

We are trying to fix it

10 days later and we still have "conservatives" trying to defend/rationalize/justify/minimize slavery....

Then they wonder why we call them closet racists...…

As much as I have seen people try to claim the holocaust was fake, or that the holocaust was greatly overstated -- I never seen those people referred to as being "patriotic" defenders of German history and culture....they are rightfully called what they are "Anti-Semitic"

Also...I don't see the people who push back against those efforts to try to rationalize and minimize the holocaust being called "racist" or "hate filled bigots"

But for conservatives.....when it comes to pushing back against the glorification of the Confederacy and slavery -- they have the audacity to call those people racist??

Again...these dic sucking keyboard neo-confederates wonder why we call them racist

Actually what Pothead ("Uncensored") said was that Lee, quote, "never owned a slave in his life".

And yet, Lee, as I said, lost, surrendered and later redeemed himself by becoming a national icon of reconciliation and unity, while superbruther is actively trying to tear this nation apart, so, uncensored's point could still be pretty much on.

Really, tell us what Lee actually did to reconcile and unite the country. Please enlighten us.
...t.

Neither one of us cares what the details are. So, why the fuck are you asking? Nothing I say could possibly make a single impression in your hate filled bigoted mind.

YOu are against these memorials, because you are a racist and a bigot, and reasons are shit you come up with to justify your hate and racism.
Soviet Union wanted to change history. Taliban wanted to change history. Chairman Mao wanted to change history. So I'm not surprised that 2020 Democratic Party wants to do the same.

We are trying to fix it

No, you are not. But, as a lib, you just say shit. We know you don't mean nuthin by it.

...t.

We are trying to fix it

No, you are not. But, as a lib, you just say shit. We know you don't mean nuthin by it.
Tell us again how slavery had nothing to do with the war

...t.

We are trying to fix it

Slavery was the primary reason for the war. What the fuck are you talking about?

Oh, right, sorry, forgot for a second. LIbs just say shit, they don't mean nuthin by it.

Any how, The memorials and the statues, are not part of the Lost Cause. They focus very narrowly on the service of the fighting men of the South, ignoring the cause(s) of the war, or the intent of the war.

That is not the "Lost Cause" argument.

Thus, when you lefties, move to tear down the statues and memorials of the South, you are not "trying to fix" history, but rewrite it, and tear the nation apart.

We are trying to fix it

Slavery was the primary reason for the war. What the fuck are you talking about?

Oh, right, sorry, forgot for a second. LIbs just say shit, they don't mean nuthin by it.

Any how, The memorials and the statues, are not part of the Lost Cause. They focus very narrowly on the service of the fighting men of the South, ignoring the cause(s) of the war, or the intent of the war.

Thus, when you lefties, move to tear down the statues and memorials of the South, you are not "trying to fix" history, but rewrite it, and tear the nation apart.
The Lost Cause strategy is by its own definition -- "an American pseudo-historical, negationist ideology that holds that the cause of the Confederacy during the American Civil War was a just and heroic one" -- which is wasn't....

We are trying to fix it

The Lost Cause strategy is by its own definition -- "an American pseudo-historical, negationist ideology that holds that the cause of the Confederacy during the American Civil War was a just and heroic one" -- which is wasn't....

Correct. Focusing not on the "Cause" of the fight, but the service and sacrifice of the soldiers doing the fighting, is completely different.

That was pretty cool. YOu actually made a point. Now, if you can admit that your point was successfully refuted, and we can move on,

for one second, you would not be just talking shit, like a normal liberal.

Of course, you are not going to do that.

We are trying to fix it

Correct. Focusing not on the "Cause" of the fight, but the service and sacrifice of the soldiers doing the fighting, is completely different.

That was pretty cool. YOu actually made a point. Now, if you can admit that your point was successfully refuted, and we can move on,

Sorry the 2 go hand in hand. You can't discount the inhumanity and evil that was a part of the Confederacy.

Sorry the 2 go hand in hand. You can't discount the inhumanity and evil that was a part of the Confederacy.

Except that America as a whole, has been doing that, to the extent that you mean it in this context, for one hundred and fifty years.

So, that statement you just made, was completely insane.

You don't get to say, that something CAN'T be done, when your nation has been doing it, for FIVE GENERATIONS.

Did you mean to say, that you disagree with the practice? Cause that would not be insane.

Yeah, you said that. And then I pointed out how he changed in life, while you are currently working to tear this nation apart.

So, like I said, uncensored point is likely on. As you know, or you would have directly challenged it.

...t.

And yet none of them were as adept at changing history as was the Cult of the Lost Cause, which literally redefined a crucial chapter in its nation's saga. And got away with it for generations.

Only in Amurrika. Home of the original Fakes News.

Last edited:
1. No, I was clearly talking about modern Southerns, who are good people, and want to be abe to celebrate their history and culture like everyone else. It is telling that you have to work so hard to avoid what I am actually saying, to even pretend to defend your position.

Who wants to celebrate folks who enslaved folks and enacted Jim Crow Laws to discriminate against others.

2. He and all the Confederates were forgiven and pardoned long ago, by the very people that actually fought and defeated them. Your pretense of caring about that, is not credible. This is about your hatred and bigotry against modern Southern whites, and you know it.

Who were they forgiven and pardoned by? Andrew Johnson, another racist POS that was a Southerner. That would be like a Nazi pardoning Hitler and saying all is forgiven. These clowns were racist traitors and putting up statues and monuments for fools like you isn't going to change that.

1. What other group, do you examine and judge whether or not they are allowed to celebrate their heritage and culture?

2. They were forgiven and accepted back into America, by the rest of America, including, the very men that fought and defeated them. Who are you, to have the Moral Authority to over rule them and withdraw that forgiveness? FIVE FUCKING GENERATIONS AFTER THE FACT?

The Confederacy was treason.

What other group in the world is given a holiday to commemorate treason? Is their entire culture defined by this and only this? That is what you seem to be arguing.

YOur pretend outrage over the treason, is not credible at this late date. IN real history, AMERICA and AMERICANS got over that, long ago and for 5 generations, have been fine with the SOuth having regional pride as part of the larger American Identity.

So, your outrage is not credible. Seriously. Not even a little.

If you want to actually contribute to the discussion, instead of posting bs, why don't you try actually ANSWERING the QUESTIONS, you hit the reply button on?

1. What other group, do you examine and judge whether or not they are allowed to celebrate their heritage and culture?

2. They were forgiven and accepted back into America, by the rest of America, including, the very men that fought and defeated them. Who are you, to have the Moral Authority to over rule them and withdraw that forgiveness? FIVE FUCKING GENERATIONS AFTER THE FACT?

Actually....in REAL history...no. One side did not get over it. As far as one side is concerned - the war is still being fought only the battlefields are white washing a bloody heritage into something noble.

If they want to maintain that as part of their culture and heritage - that's their choice. But there are OTHER people living there also who do not view it that way. People for whom that "culture and heritage" represented bondage and brutality and they TOO are part of the population.

\

Seems to me that other "side" has been continually claiming that the South got over the whole racism legacy, moved on and left it in the gutter. And yet here they're trying to bring them back as some kind of nobility. Just doesn't quite compute.

Did Lee own slaves?

Did Lee take up arms against the United States of America?

"National icon" might be a bit hyperventilative but yes, he did that, and deserves to be recognized that he did. Which, again, proscribes putting up graven images in his name which he specifically discouraged in advance AS PART OF that reconciliatory stance. Ergo to ignore those wishes and plunk him on a building with arms folded confronting the north, is a direct spit in the face OF that stance. It directly contradicts what he ended up standing for.

Meanwhile speaking of lies and using people's images to tell them, we continue to see stuff like this dropped around this site like so much confetti:

robert-byrd.jpg

-- another case of a racist who reformed, loudly and longly, whose legacy gets perverted by self-serving propagandists for their own jollies despite actual biography.

But this thread/discussion is not about individuals; it's about a collective, specifically a cult. But within that cult, the direct ignorance of the intentions of one of its major figures, intentions you yourself just articulated, demonstrates the naked dishonesty of the propaganda therein.

So you can't have it both ways --- EITHER Robert E.Lee remained a lifelong evil ogre with nothing but negative baggage, OR he came around to see what was needed for his country. IF the latter is the case, THEN that makes the propagandist cult, by perverting his reconciliatory intentions, the ones who are dishonoring history. And it makes those communities like New Orleans, by removing those dishonest perversions, the ones honoring it.

"Recording" that history is of course out of the question and always has been. History has never in all of time been recorded in statues. History is news --- neutral, just the facts. Statues and monuments are editorials --- opinions ABOUT that news.

As for Pothead, his ass-ertion that Lee "never owned a slave in his life" was and still is PROVABLY WRONG. And it was proven so. That too is perverting history. By floating easily disprovable myths Pothead is engaging in the same dishonest propaganda as the LCC. Lee did own slaves and that doesn't go away because he changed his views later, just as Byrd did join the Klan and that doesn't go away because he changed his. But both DID take that course of redemption and neither end of that journey can be ignored just because some wanker wants to float mythology on a message board. So no, his point is not at all "pretty much on", it's BULLSHIT.

How many times, do I have to say the same thing, before you libs actually get it? Do you have to reapply those concrete plugs in your ears, every morning, or are they permanent?

What, because I've been agreeing with you about Robert E. Lee's change of heart?

SMGDFH :banghead:

There is some irony that one of the men that people want to put historical statues up of, stated that he thought such historical statues was a bad idea.

BUT, imo, and likely in the opinion of those that support the statues, he was in error about the effect that the statues would have on the people of the South AND the way they would be perceived by the people of the rest of the Union.

So, nothing about that, is a justification for removing the statues, or smearing the good people that support them.

So what you're saying is, these stature-erectors went, "let's put a statue up of this guy because he was wrong and we know better".

Why then didn't they just put statues up of themselves?

06coxWeb-facebookJumbo.jpg

Hell, if they could hire Gutzon Borglum to carve a mountainside where the Klan bubbled up, surely they could tackle this.

Southern people who conspired to enforce Jim Crow second class citizenship after they no longer could have slaves

Oh, democrats?

Yeah, democrats are real scum. Always were, always will be. They're doing the Jim Crow shit again, but this time against white people. Fucking vermin....
Southerners

Southerners owned slaves for 200 years before the Democratic Party was formed

Again, liberals show that they never learned as toddlers, how generalizations work.

Generalizations are by definition fallacies. The post quoted actually understated the timeline and it was put there in correction to the mythology of associating a political party with Slavery. In actual fact the overwhelming majority of slave owners/traders had no political party at all, both because none was needed for a nonpolitical activity, and not least of which because NONE EXISTED.

Not to mention exponentially greater numbers of Africans that were shipped to other places that to this day have never had a Democratic Party at all, yet somehow found a way to buy and sell human cargo.

So that's how the mythological and fallacious generalization of trying to pin Slavery on a political party goes down in flames. Kablooey.

1. Generalizations are not by definition fallacies.

2. It is a Faulty Generalization to state that "Southerns owned slaves" as though either all southerns owned slaves and/or only southerns owned slaves.

Yes, thank you for shooting your own point in the foot. Saves me work.

There is no such thing as a "Liberal Democrat" --- or a "Liberal anything" -- standing in a schoolhouse door.
At one time it was their signature prop...some even seemed to major in it

Can't be done. The whole basis of Liberalism is that "all men are created equal".
Until liberals decide that's wrong because it's sexist

That leaves zero room for racism.
See mike bloomberg as the latest example, [now that his racism is out in the open the liberals in the party of his political birth welcomes him back with open arms] ... robert byrd is your prototypical liberal racist... or as hillary called him, "MENTOR"...is that what zero racism looks like to a liberal?

What a dumbass. And we thought you were embarrassing yourself BEFORE
:abgg2q.jpg:
Jefferson Davis - Wikipedia
Jefferson Finis Davis[a] (June 3, 1808 – December 6, 1889) was an American politician who served as the president of the Confederate States from 1861 to 1865. As a member of the Democratic Party, he represented Mississippi in the United States Senate and the House of Representatives before the American Civil War.

The entire point sailed right over your hood, didn't it. Pity. I tried to keep it short so that even you could pick up on it.

There is no such thing as a "Liberal racist". They are OPPOSITES. It's an oxymoron. Two terms that are mutually exclusive. You can have one but you can't have the other with it. You gotta *PICK* one. You can be a Liberal, OR you can be a racist. Once you pick either one, you can't have the other.

Now I'm going to post that again in whatever your native language is in case you're on drugs.

I3wh o3wijv amzs a lwqkktj. Kalmvpa wjoiq ljasovj aljreoaijolajvoai. AWAOJV maaoj ma aojwwe. UIaamsapdom ISFVAS qkga ajl r. JLLSWE!

We are trying to fix it

Those statues were put up to remind negroes of their place in life and keep them in their place.

...t.

And yet none of them were as adept at changing history as was the Cult of the Lost Cause, which literally redefined a crucial chapter in its nation's saga. And got away with it for generations.

Only in Amurrika. Home of the original Fakes News.

That is not what happened. Not even close.

Who wants to celebrate folks who enslaved folks and enacted Jim Crow Laws to discriminate against others.

Who were they forgiven and pardoned by? Andrew Johnson, another racist POS that was a Southerner. That would be like a Nazi pardoning Hitler and saying all is forgiven. These clowns were racist traitors and putting up statues and monuments for fools like you isn't going to change that.

The Confederacy was treason.

What other group in the world is given a holiday to commemorate treason? Is their entire culture defined by this and only this? That is what you seem to be arguing.

YOur pretend outrage over the treason, is not credible at this late date. IN real history, AMERICA and AMERICANS got over that, long ago and for 5 generations, have been fine with the SOuth having regional pride as part of the larger American Identity.

So, your outrage is not credible. Seriously. Not even a little.

If you want to actually contribute to the discussion, instead of posting bs, why don't you try actually ANSWERING the QUESTIONS, you hit the reply button on?

Actually....in REAL history...no. One side did not get over it. As far as one side is concerned - the war is still being fought only the battlefields are white washing a bloody heritage into something noble.

If they want to maintain that as part of their culture and heritage - that's their choice. But there are OTHER people living there also who do not view it that way. People for whom that "culture and heritage" represented bondage and brutality and they TOO are part of the population.

\

Seems to me that other "side" has been continually claiming that the South got over the whole racism legacy, moved on and left it in the gutter. And yet here they're trying to bring them back as some kind of nobility. Just doesn't quite compute.

Getting over racism, does not require wallowing in guilt over past wrongs. That is a lib thing, not an American thing. That you don't understand that, is a problem with you, not with US.

Forum List

Back