🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

US Debt Is Now $23 Trillion And Climbing

Not to worry. This can all be fixed with the gay new deal, and by doubling taxes. Everything is free!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let’s look at what Obama did to end the Great Bush Recession of 2008

Within two months of taking office, he passed an $800 billion stimulus package to force money into a collapsing economy

Upon passing that stimulus package, the panic that was causing layoffs and pulling capital out of the economy subsided

Unemployment went from losing 800,000 jobs a month to positive employment numbers in four months

jobs_recov.png

so under obozo we paid 800 billion for 200 thousand jobs. Do the math, that was a terrible deal.
Did more than that
It provided tax cuts, public works expenditures, supported employment of public employees

It’s impact stopped a Depression
you are arguing with a person who approves of anything Trmpian and nothing that is not.

nope, I approve of policies that help the entire country------------like low unemployment, high stock market, rising wages, business expansion in the USA. If Obozo had done any of those I would have given him credit, but he didn't.
Umm Obama nearly tripled the Stock Market, dropped unemployment by five percent, saved the auto companies

You don’t approve?

A few points...

1. Obama did not do it. It happened during his Admin, which is different than him doing it.

2. UE did not drop by 5%, it dropped 5 percentage points (from the high, not from his starting point). It did though drop 43% during his time in office.

3. The auto industry was not going anywhere, a little pain would have been good for them

Within two months of taking office, he passed an $800 billion stimulus package to force money into a collapsing economy

Upon passing that stimulus package, the panic that was causing layoffs and pulling capital out of the economy subsided

Unemployment went from losing 800,000 jobs a month to positive employment numbers in four months

jobs_recov.png

so under obozo we paid 800 billion for 200 thousand jobs. Do the math, that was a terrible deal.
Did more than that
It provided tax cuts, public works expenditures, supported employment of public employees

you are arguing with a person who approves of anything Trmpian and nothing that is not.

nope, I approve of policies that help the entire country------------like low unemployment, high stock market, rising wages, business expansion in the USA. If Obozo had done any of those I would have given him credit, but he didn't.

Yet somehow all those things happened during his time in office

if you want to give him credit, tell me specifically what policies he implemented that caused those things. then you can tell me which of them were caused by increasing the national debt by 9 trillion dollars.

jobs_recov.png

Did more than that

Umm Obama nearly tripled the Stock Market, dropped unemployment by five percent, saved the auto companies

You don’t approve?

bailing out GM and Chrysler with our tax money was done to save the UAW, not the car companies. democrats think they can only win if they have the votes of organized labor.

if the car companies had been forced to go through a structured bankruptcy they would have been broken down into smaller more efficient units and each new company would have had to have a union representation vote------the dems and the UAW could not risk that, hence the buy out.

That is what happened.

When the GOP took over Congress in January 2015, the federal deficit was $439 billion. They immediately set to work doubling it.

Budget deficit smashes $1 trillion mark, the highest in seven years

When Trump was sworn in, the federal debt was $19.9 trillion.

As of this moment:

us-debt-november-7-2019.jpg

Trump: I will eliminate U.S. debt in 8 years

This past fiscal year, Trump spent more than anyone in the history of the Universe. He exceeded Obama's worst year of spending by a trillion dollars.

So much for being the party of small government.

Before you try to claim it isn't Trump's fault for some reason, you should know that I will find your posts where you blamed Obama for every penny of the debt accrued on his watch.

Before you try to say "Let me know when he's got more debt than Obama" bullshit hypocrisy, remember that you pseudocons started in on Obama's spending habit right at the beginning. You did not wait until he had beaten Bush's record.

So i guess all you're left with is to blame darkies and Muslims.

Well, where is Nancy’s balanced budget?

From what we’ve heard the new field of Dem President wannabes want to add another $55 trillion.

Glad to hear that Dems are now joining the Tea Party though. Let me know when there is an actual protest for fiscal responsibility by the government.

This is on President Trump. He had the opportunity to pass a deficit plan. Congress was GOP the first two years of his administration, and the economy was moving along. That was the time to cut spending. The tax cut proved he had no intention of dealing with the deficit, in spite of his campaign “promise”....

This is on President Trump. He had the opportunity to pass a deficit plan. Congress was GOP the first two years of his administration, and the economy was moving along. That was the time to cut spending. The tax cut proved he had no intention of dealing with the deficit, in spite of his campaign “promise”....

He had to spend more than he wanted to undo the mistakes of the previous administrations, I think we will see a different fiscal policy in his second term

He had to spend more than he wanted to undo the mistakes of the previous administrations, I think we will see a different fiscal policy in his second term

This is why nothing gets better, you people always give your side a free pass...it is always different when your party does it. And thus nothing ever changes.

Did more than that

You don’t approve?

A few points...

1. Obama did not do it. It happened during his Admin, which is different than him doing it.

2. UE did not drop by 5%, it dropped 5 percentage points (from the high, not from his starting point). It did though drop 43% during his time in office.

3. The auto industry was not going anywhere, a little pain would have been good for them
Call it what you want
The Stock Market recovered after Obama’s Stimulus
So did employment
By five percent I meant dropping from 10 percent to under 5 percent

GM stock had dropped to 75 cents, couldn’t drop much more
GM stock falls below $1 - May. 29, 2009

Did more than that

You don’t approve?

A few points...

Call it what you want
The Stock Market recovered after Obama’s Stimulus
So did employment
By five percent I meant dropping from 10 percent to under 5 percent

GM stock had dropped to 75 cents, couldn’t drop much more

I know what you meant, and while it may seem like semantics they are two very different things.

Did more than that

You don’t approve?

bailing out GM and Chrysler with our tax money was done to save the UAW, not the car companies. democrats think they can only win if they have the votes of organized labor.

if the car companies had been forced to go through a structured bankruptcy they would have been broken down into smaller more efficient units and each new company would have had to have a union representation vote------the dems and the UAW could not risk that, hence the buy out.

That is what happened.
Obama saved the auto companies
He demanded restructuring, closed unsuccessful brands, forced labor to take a pay cut

Many small brands does not work in the auto industry. That is why we have so few

Did more than that

You don’t approve?

That is what happened.
He demanded restructuring, closed unsuccessful brands, forced labor to take a pay cut

Many small brands does not work in the auto industry. That is why we have so few

It wasn't so much saving Chrysler and GM, but saving the jobs. Conservatism, or less govt interference in private markets - which is NOT Trumpism and welfare for farmers - would say "let the companies go bankrupt because someone like Bain Capital will scoop up what is profitable and let the rot die." The problem with that view and Chrysler/GM was the few entities that might have bought parts of the corporations (Toyota Hyundai BMW Volkswagen) DIDN'T WANT THEM. Americans weren't buying new cars at the time, and inventory was overwhelming.

Truck lines might have been purchased, on the belief that demand would eventually return. And Jeep and possibly "specialty brands" like Corvette and Cadillac might have attracted buyers, but … not that many units to build.

And without the mainstream units being built … the suppliers of parts would have died too along with the jobs.

After Obama restructured them by essentially getting shareholders and creditors to take pennies on the dollar, Chrysler had some value in letting Fiat market its cars next to Jeeps and Ram trucks.

Did more than that

You don’t approve?

That is what happened.

He saved the UAW, because the dems believed that they could not win without union votes. The election of 2016 proved them wrong,

it would not have been " many small brands" maybe two in GM and two or three in Chrysler. the taxpayers would have saved billions, the companies would have been stronger, the supplier base would be stronger, but the UAW might have lost some members (and their dues). Thats what the bail out was all about.

When the GOP took over Congress in January 2015, the federal deficit was $439 billion. They immediately set to work doubling it.

As of this moment:

This past fiscal year, Trump spent more than anyone in the history of the Universe. He exceeded Obama's worst year of spending by a trillion dollars.

Before you try to claim it isn't Trump's fault for some reason, you should know that I will find your posts where you blamed Obama for every penny of the debt accrued on his watch.

Before you try to say "Let me know when he's got more debt than Obama" bullshit hypocrisy, remember that you pseudocons started in on Obama's spending habit right at the beginning. You did not wait until he had beaten Bush's record.

See? This is how I know you rubes will never hold your own team's feet to the fire.

Trump absolutely depends on your submissiveness.

"B-b-b-b-b-b-b-but Democrats" is the argument of a lickspittle who points out the splinter in their neighbor's eye while ignoring the beam in their own.

You don’t approve?

That is what happened.

He saved the UAW, because the dems believed that they could not win without union votes. The election of 2016 proved them wrong,

it would not have been " many small brands" maybe two in GM and two or three in Chrysler. the taxpayers would have saved billions, the companies would have been stronger, the supplier base would be stronger, but the UAW might have lost some members (and their dues). Thats what the bail out was all about.

Auto workers had to accept a major pay cut under the buy out......doesn’t sound like UAW benefitted

GM stock had dropped to 75 cents a share. Couldn’t drop much further

You don’t approve?

That is what happened.

Auto workers had to accept a major pay cut under the buy out......doesn’t sound like UAW benefitted

GM stock had dropped to 75 cents a share. Couldn’t drop much further

yes, obozo's deal ended up screwing the workers and the shareholders.

As of this moment:

See? This is how I know you rubes will never hold your own team's feet to the fire.

"B-b-b-b-b-b-b-but Democrats" is the argument of a lickspittle who points out the splinter in their neighbor's eye while ignoring the beam in their own.

pointing out the hypocrisy of dems is not ignoring anything

As of this moment:

pointing out the hypocrisy of dems is not ignoring anything
Tu quoque fallacy. It's a pathetic attempt to excuse your total silence over Trump's record spending and trillion dollar deficits.

YOU are the hypocrite. How DO you stand your own stench?

The workers kept their jobs and healthcare even into retirement. The shareholders were ok if they held onto their stock. The creditors pretty well got tanked. But they were going to get tanked if GM and Chrysler tanked too.

It's not really a growth biz though

Forum List

Back