🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

US Debt Is Now $23 Trillion And Climbing

Hate to say it but cutting spending and raising taxes is the only way to pay it off.
Not really. In fact, eliminating the $1.4 trillion in tax expenditures would allow us to actually cut the tax rates for everyone and still pay down the debt. Then, when the debt is paid off, we can lower tax rates even more.

This is a 1.4 trillion dollar secret your politicians and your propagandists are keeping from you.

That's right idiot. Back to grade school 101 for you. 100% of something is all of it. r.

Yes, 100% of something is all of it. So, if you increase something by 100%, you increase it by "all of it".

Example...you start with $100 and increase it by 100% you increasing it by $100 or $100 + $100 = $200.

you start with $100 and increase it by 200% you increasing it by $200 or $100 + $200 = $300.

An example of this in our everyday life would be the NASDAQ....

You will notice the increase is 0.36%. not 100.36% which is what you say it should be

View attachment 289481

I still say it is the word "increase" that is messing you up. you do not seem to understand what the word means.

Once again, I'm not talking about NASDAQ or a change up or down, for like the 93rd time, I was talking a % as a proportional RESULT. In all your cases, you are speaking from the assumption that NO CHANGE = 0 (nothing) as your reference starting point, when clearly I am talking about no change, ie, the STARTING POINT being what you started with! 100% of whatever that was. 10.6T is NOT zero but 10.6T!

The very fact that you are either:
  • unable to understand that despite being explained 50 different ways
  • unwilling to concede it even after putting your own foot in your mouth
Shows that at best, you have a very limited narrow understanding and should stick to desk ledgers and doing tax returns and stay far away from the higher abstractions of mathematics, such as proportions.

Shows at worst a total cognitive bias and intellectual dishonesty if not outright stupidity. I bet I could get any 12 year old to understand this. Whether you measure from where you started as 0 and call it a linear addition of 89% more added on or measure from true zero so that you started with 100% of whatever that was before any change began to end up with proportionally 189% of what was originally there, BOTH are increases and BOTH say the exact fucking same thing, just measured from two different reference points!

reference.jpg

Honestly, with you Tards having so much trouble with understanding so basic a thing, is it any wonder we have the kind of knuckle-headed arguments about world affairs you idiots always seem to have where you take everything wrong or ass backwards?! You morons pride yourselves on how smart you all say you are, yet people elsewhere laugh at the things you say here as by far the most obtuse lot of dimwits I've ever met on the whole fucking planet!

Last edited:
That's right idiot. Back to grade school 101 for you. 100% of something is all of it. r.

Yes, 100% of something is all of it. So, if you increase something by 100%, you increase it by "all of it".

Example...you start with $100 and increase it by 100% you increasing it by $100 or $100 + $100 = $200.

you start with $100 and increase it by 200% you increasing it by $200 or $100 + $200 = $300.

An example of this in our everyday life would be the NASDAQ....

You will notice the increase is 0.36%. not 100.36% which is what you say it should be

View attachment 289481

I still say it is the word "increase" that is messing you up. you do not seem to understand what the word means.

Once again, I'm not talking about NASDAQ or a change up or down, for like the 93rd time, I was talking a % as a proportional RESULT. In all your cases, you are speaking from the assumption that NO CHANGE = 0 (nothing) as your reference starting point, when clearly I am talking about no change, ie, the STARTING POINT being what you started with! 100% of whatever that was. 10.6T is NOT zero but 10.6T!

The very fact that you are either:
  • unable to understand that despite being explained 50 different ways
  • unwilling to concede it even after putting your own foot in your mouth
Shows that at best, you have a very limited narrow understanding and should stick to desk ledgers and doing tax returns and stay far away from the higher abstractions of mathematics, such as proportions.

Shows at worst a total cognitive bias and intellectual dishonesty if not outright stupidity. I bet I could get any 12 year old to understand this. Whether you measure from where you started as 0 and call it a linear addition of 89% more added on or measure from true zero so that you started with 100% of whatever that was before any change began to end up with proportionally 189% of what was originally there, BOTH are increases and BOTH say the exact fucking same thing, just measured from two different reference points!

View attachment 289516

Honestly, with you Tards having so much trouble with understanding so basic a thing, is it any wonder we have the kind of knuckle-headed arguments about world affairs you idiots always seem to have where you take everything wrong or ass backwards?! You morons pride yourselves on how smart you all say you are, yet people elsewhere laugh at the things you say here as by far the most obtuse lot of dimwits I've ever met on the whole fucking planet!

:imsorry3:

:itsok:

The bottom line is that we are spending way too much money and we need serious cuts in spending.

The Dems won't do that, because for every dollar spent, the Dems steal at least 50 cents....
The GOP House, the GOP Senate, and Donald Trump SKYROCKETED the deficit. Just like the last time they owned all of Congress and the White House.

Fucking pathetic.

amazing how you libs forget that obama nearly doubled the debt in 8 years----from 10 trillion to 19 trillion.

Do you understand the difference between annual deficit and national debt? you libs use the terms interchangeably but they are not the same thing.

all tax rates are temporary, the next congress can change them at any time.

cutting taxes on business (making the economy business friendly) helps everyone, why do you think the unemployment rate is at all time lows? why are companies expanding in the US and relocating to the US?

Why did companies leave this country under obozo the kenyan? taxes, dummy. Geez how does someone your age know so little?
Trumps tax rates for working Americans have an expiration date

Cutting the corporate rates by 40 percent was not passed on to the workers and did not result in business expansion

As usual, they just kept the money

not true, if they kept the money the unemployment rate would not be at record lows. you are a victim of left wing propaganda, must be an MSNBC watcher.

most american workers also have 401K accounts which have greatly benefitted from the business boom created by tax reductions on business.
Unemployment rate was dropping for eight consecutive years before the Trump tax cuts
There was no spike in the drop rate

so you want to give Bush credit for it? interesting.
WTF are you babbling about?

you said that the UE rate was dropping for the 8 obama years, soooooooooo, you must believe that something Bush did caused it/started it. your words, not mine.

Cutting the corporate rates by 40 percent was not passed on to the workers and did not result in business expansion

not true, if they kept the money the unemployment rate would not be at record lows. you are a victim of left wing propaganda, must be an MSNBC watcher.

most american workers also have 401K accounts which have greatly benefitted from the business boom created by tax reductions on business.
Unemployment rate was dropping for eight consecutive years before the Trump tax cuts

Maybe he thinks Bush was president in 2010

see post #585. your issue is with winger, not me

The bottom line is that we are spending way too much money and we need serious cuts in spending.

The Dems won't do that, because for every dollar spent, the Dems steal at least 50 cents....
The GOP House, the GOP Senate, and Donald Trump SKYROCKETED the deficit. Just like the last time they owned all of Congress and the White House.

Fucking pathetic.

amazing how you libs forget that obama nearly doubled the debt in 8 years----from 10 trillion to 19 trillion.

Do you understand the difference between annual deficit and national debt? you libs use the terms interchangeably but they are not the same thing.
Deficit Donald is well on his way to beating Obama's debt record.

Fuckwits like you started in on Obama's spending from day one. You didn't wait until he had beaten Bush's record.

How DO you stand the stench of your own hypocrisy?

Fucking pathetic.

Fuckwits like you started in on Obama's spending from day one. You didn't wait until he had beaten Bush's record.

I object to increasing the debt no matter who is president or who controls congress. I also find it funny that you lefties were silent when obozo almost doubled the debt in 8 years and are now bitching when Trump engages in deficit spending at a lower rate. Also you are silent as the democrat controlled house is doing absolutely nothing for the country while they focus on a foolish attempt to overturn the 2016 election.

you said that the UE rate was dropping for the 8 obama years, soooooooooo, you must believe that something Bush did caused it/started it. your words, not mine.
ummmm....I said nothing about Obama, I said eight years before the Trump tax cuts

2018- 8 = 2010

Fucking pathetic.

I object to increasing the debt no matter who is president or who controls congress. I also find it funny that you lefties were silent when obozo almost doubled the debt in 8 years and are now bitching when Trump engages in deficit spending at a lower rate. Also you are silent as the democrat controlled house is doing absolutely nothing for the country while they focus on a foolish attempt to overturn the 2016 election.
Obama used deficit spending to recover from a recession

Trump is running a larger deficit in a strong economy. How can you defend that?

ummmm....I said nothing about Obama, I said eight years before the Trump tax cuts

2018- 8 = 2010

ok, so exactly what did obama do to make the UE rate fall? specific actions that he took? since the UE rate takes some time to respond to actions, are you sure it was obozo and not bushey?

Fucking pathetic.

We shall see what the debt is at the end of Trump's 8 years, then we can discuss who did a better job. How can you defend obama's record debt increases? more than any president in history. he added 9 trillion to the national debt, are you ok with that?

Fucking pathetic.

more BS, there was no recession in 08. there was a market correction caused by bad mortgage policy implemented by democrats. Obama spent in an attempt to buy votes, and it worked but now the country has 9 trillion of new obama debt to deal with.

2018- 8 = 2010

ok, so exactly what did obama do to make the UE rate fall? specific actions that he took? since the UE rate takes some time to respond to actions, are you sure it was obozo and not bushey?

Let’s look at what Obama did to end the Great Bush Recession of 2008

Within two months of taking office, he passed an $800 billion stimulus package to force money into a collapsing economy

Upon passing that stimulus package, the panic that was causing layoffs and pulling capital out of the economy subsided

Unemployment went from losing 800,000 jobs a month to positive employment numbers in four months

jobs_recov.png

2018- 8 = 2010

Within two months of taking office, he passed an $800 billion stimulus package to force money into a collapsing economy

Upon passing that stimulus package, the panic that was causing layoffs and pulling capital out of the economy subsided

Unemployment went from losing 800,000 jobs a month to positive employment numbers in four months

jobs_recov.png

so under obozo we paid 800 billion for 200 thousand jobs. Do the math, that was a terrible deal.

2018- 8 = 2010

jobs_recov.png

so under obozo we paid 800 billion for 200 thousand jobs. Do the math, that was a terrible deal.
Did more than that
It provided tax cuts, public works expenditures, supported employment of public employees

It’s impact stopped a Depression

2018- 8 = 2010

jobs_recov.png

Did more than that
It provided tax cuts, public works expenditures, supported employment of public employees

It’s impact stopped a Depression
you are arguing with a person who approves of anything Trmpian and nothing that is not.

Fucking pathetic.

more BS, there was no recession in 08. there was a market correction caused by bad mortgage policy implemented by democrats. Obama spent in an attempt to buy votes, and it worked but now the country has 9 trillion of new obama debt to deal with.
Cool story, bro.

Interest rates: Powell tells Congress federal debt is 'unsustainable'

Fed to Congress: It may soon be your turn to save the economy, so get your finances in better shape.

Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell warned lawmakers Wednesday that the ballooning federal debt could hamper Congress’ ability to support the economy in a downturn, urging them to put the budget “on a sustainable path.”

Powell suggested such fiscal aid could be vital after the Fed has cut its benchmark interest rate three times this year, leaving the central bank less room to lower rates further in case of a recession.

“The federal budget is on an unsustainable path, with high and rising debt,” Powell told the Joint Economic Committee. “Over time, this outlook could restrain fiscal policymakers’ willingness or ability to support economic activity during a downturn.”

Interest rates: Powell tells Congress federal debt is 'unsustainable'

Fed to Congress: It may soon be your turn to save the economy, so get your finances in better shape.

Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell warned lawmakers Wednesday that the ballooning federal debt could hamper Congress’ ability to support the economy in a downturn, urging them to put the budget “on a sustainable path.”

Powell suggested such fiscal aid could be vital after the Fed has cut its benchmark interest rate three times this year, leaving the central bank less room to lower rates further in case of a recession.

“The federal budget is on an unsustainable path, with high and rising debt,” Powell told the Joint Economic Committee. “Over time, this outlook could restrain fiscal policymakers’ willingness or ability to support economic activity during a downturn.”
Well I suppose the Trumpstettes could see good news in that because the next time there's a recession, congress may not be able to pass extensions to unemployment insurance or keep Medicaid and Schools going, and the Fed won't be able to cut rates unless it goes into negative territory.

(The trumpsettes are too partisan and or stupid to be terrified for their children)

Forum List

Back