US district Judge rules ban on guns for felon is unconstitutional

Thats not a constitutional right.
So, maybe, I should have been more clear.
What other constitutional rights should they lose?

That isn't an argument that the time limit you made up IS in the Constitution, it's just you

Dude, I love ya man, but that's stupid. According to you, they can't put you in prison then. That isn't what the Constitution says, you're confused. They must convict you while honoring your Constituional rights. If they do that, they can suspend your constitutional rights.

The issue is TNHarley is claiming there is a time limit. He completely that up, which is why he can't back it up
No, that isnt what im claiming.
For the last time, you dont understand my position.
Im done wasting my time with you on this.

No, that isnt what im claiming.
For the last time, you dont understand my position.
Im done wasting my time with you on this.

You haven't made any argument other than there is a time limit on punishment, which you made up

Are you telling me you've never read the document, get a felony and find out what you lose.

The argument of someone who doesn't want to admit he's the one who never read the document.

Where is it? So you don't know? Don't ask me then!!!!!

On second thought, your posts are less inane when they are incoherent

The argument of someone who doesn't want to admit he's the one who never read the document.

Where is it? So you don't know? Don't ask me then!!!!!

On second thought, your posts are less inane when they are incoherent

Thats not a constitutional right.
So, maybe, I should have been more clear.
What other constitutional rights should they lose?
I disagree that voting is not a constitutional right

But as to your question, no right is absolute or unlimited

Even gun ownership for convicted criminals

Feelings do not matter, man.
If you dont want felons to have guns, fine. But do it the right way. Dont support the govt giving themselves power that doesnt exist.
Feelings have shit-all to do with anything.....I think giving felons of all stripes their rights back on their discharge day is one piss-poor idea because of my 1st hand experiences with them.

Indeed, many are nothing more than predatory animals that, were there any justice, should have been put down instead of put in prison.

What's next, allowing them to vote while in prison? That's the path the dems would love to be on. A 1200 man unit would play hell on the results in a small red county.

I disagree that voting is not a constitutional right

But as to your question, no right is absolute or unlimited

Even gun ownership for convicted criminals
The only thing about voting in the constitution is about how a state cant discriminate for certain things.
Your state could take away everyones vote right now and you couldnt do anything about it.

Feelings have shit-all to do with anything.....I think giving felons of all stripes their rights back on their discharge day is one piss-poor idea because of my 1st hand experiences with them.

Indeed, many are nothing more than predatory animals that, were there any justice, should have been put down instead of put in prison.

What's next, allowing them to vote while in prison? That's the path the dems would love to be on. A 1200 man unit would play hell on the results in a small red county.
Maine and Vermont let them vote.

In a ruling that seems fated to find its way before the U.S. Supreme Court, a judge in Illinois has recently found that the gun rights of a felon convicted of multiple armed robberies are protected by the Second Amendment.
The finding from U.S. District Judge Robert Gettleman was issued on Nov. 2 and stems from a case involving Illinois resident Glen Price. Price, 37, allegedly brandished a gun and robbed someone on a train in September 2021. Police said he stole a cellphone and a train fare card too. When police arrested him, they found a 9 mm gun in his possession, cocaine, ammunition and a stolen credit card.

Price was charged with unlawful possession of a firearm since he already had a criminal record featuring no less than three felony convictions for armed robbery and one conviction for aggravated battery of a police officer.
Until Gettleman’s ruling on Nov. 2, Price was facing 15 years in prison for his latest offense — the mandatory minimum sentence when convicted. But Gettleman, appointed by former President Bill Clinton, relied on a recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association, Inc. v. Bruen that took him in this controversial direction.

While I am glad this man won, as he should have, searching night and day for precedent is BS. The Constitution says what it says. Why do these judges look to other rulings instead of the document itself? Does the constitution say "unless a judge says different?"

Then there is this : “The government has not demonstrated why the modern ubiquity of gun violence, and the heightened lethality of today’s firearm technology compared to the Founding, justify a different result.
Thats just fucking scary. So if the government could demonstrate why all old people should die, that would be ok with him?
ITS ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION. Not what the tyrannical govt says, or what you THINK.

Lets hope SCOTUS agrees with the court. I have never approved of continuing to punish someone after they have done their sentence.

Forum List

Back