US EXPELS 35 Russian diplomats, closes two compounds.

Obama Strikes Back at Russia for Election Hacking

In a sweeping set of announcements, the United States also released samples of malware and other indicators of Russian cyberactivity, including network addresses of computers commonly used by the Russians to launch attacks. Taken together, the actions amount to the strongest American response ever taken to a state-sponsored cyberattack aimed at the United States.

U.S. evicts Russians for spying, imposes sanctions after election hacks
U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan, the top Republican in Congress, said Russia "has consistently sought to undermine" U.S. interests and called the sanctions overdue.

Republican Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham said they intended to lead effort in Congress to "impose stronger sanctions on Russia."

Incoming White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus told Fox News he did not condone foreign governments hacking U.S. institutions.

"It’s wrong and it’s something we don’t agree with," Priebus said. "However, it would be nice if we could get to a place where the intelligence community in unison can tell us what it is that has been going on and what the investigation was and what it has led to so that we can respond."

The Trump team's response could generate bipartisan discord early in the new administration's tenure.

U.S. intelligence agencies say Russia was behind hacks into Democratic Party organizations and operatives ahead of the Nov. 8 presidential election. U.S. intelligence officials say the Russian cyber attacks were aimed at helping Trump defeat Democrat Hillary Clinton.

Republican and Democratic lawmakers have voiced concern about Russia's actions, setting up a potential wall of opposition should Trump seek to overturn Obama's measures.

They are quite simply -- hysterical baby type hypocrites. They know better. Have no idea why they are so indignant about this. There is NO PRIVACY in unsecured communications when it comes to foreign intelligence agencies. They know this. And the the GOP babies probably are fully aware that the Russians were tapping RNC as well.

The whole big question here is not the phony outrage over the tapping. It's WHY and HOW that information was released to the American public. Because RELEASING IT -- if it WAS a Kremlin ordered deal -- it could compromise their Intelligence people and practices and methods. You simply don't DO that intentionally. You don't give adversaries an EXCUSE to do forensic analysis on your spying. And you would clean up the trail BEFORE you release the captured info.

If it was a security force operation -- they were very sloppy ON PURPOSE. My guess is that the captured booty was PASSED to WikiLeaks by a disgruntled employee or "whistle-blower". Or a different "hacker" or foreign agency.

Which begs the question of who Edward Snowden might be influencing during his stay in Russia. :ack-1:

Not necessarily. For one thing - this has been going on for a while with no serious repercussions to Russia and giving our intelligence people time to gather evidence. Spies get caught, even under the most careful regimes. Why would Russia be any different?

Point is --- that kind of intel doesn't generally get released to the public if it can be TRACED back to specific operatives or agents. Especially if they were sloppy enough to leave evidence of their methods. The whole point of gathering it is to hold it secret and use it as leverage in "negotiations". You could burn entire groups that collect that stuff by exposing it without cleaning up.

Looks to me like someone Internally burned the Kremlin. The way that Snowden did here in the US.

And it's not just one affair. You have Hillary's stupid ass home brewed system which I'm SURE was browsed by 4 or 6 foreign nations. Then you have the DNC hacks which were interesting but not even close to fatal for Clinton personally. And Finally, you have the idiot Podesta running an entire campaign out of Gmail account on his commercial phone. Those are all different stories. And the DNC and media are just balling them up into one big "Russia did it" excuse...

See I don't think so, and the reason is - there appears to be a long history of hacking attempts from Russia on us and other western governments aimed at election processes. Releasing it can influence things as much as holding it, especially through a proxy like Wikileaks.

We've been spying on Russian politicos for 35 years or more. This is from a book, not my "personal" experience, but in the 1980s we could tell you exactly how much Vodka the Kremlin was ordering and what brands. So if they were interested in where Podesta got his pizza from --- you shouldn't be surprised.

NONE of that info ever makes it to public domain unless someone gets blackmailed with it in exchange for negotiating concessions. That's what is "not right" about this "blame it on the Russians" deal..

You don't want the other guessing how they know what they know. Was it satellite interception, an antenna on an embassy, an asset working on the ground, a group for hire in Romania??? You don't want to widely EXPOSE those methods. Because they can be neutralized. And people could get killed.

So you don't think Russia was behind the hacks?

Putin announces cease fire in Syria. Nobel Peace Prize-winner announces 9am tee time in Hawaii.

And Putin bombs Syrian hospitals....yep, he's a man we can all admire all right.

Gee -- Obama would NEVER do that (at least 6 or 8 times)
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/04/w...ital-doctors-without-borders-kunduz.html?_r=0

Did we TARGET them? Big difference. Did we allow an investigation and accept responsibility? Did Russia?

Does it matter? During the "immaculate war" on Milosevich we took out a Chinese Embassy and a commuter rail train. When you unleash the military, this shit happens. That hospital in Afghan was during a hot pursuit. Mistakes were made. Or MAYBE -- the stakes were high enough to take the risk. It's not the only time the US has crushed civilian targets. During the 10 years of bombing Iraq daily -- we made MANY "mistakes".

If you're gonna blame Putin for a hospital in Syria, you should be consistent. Insurgencies USE public facilities as shields. There is a risk to going after ANY insurgency from the air without FULL (and reliable) ground support. Do you know that that the spotters on the ground in Syria were Russian? Or MAYBE -- they they were just one of 43 warring factions that was feeding targeting information to Russian Air command..

There is a difference between "hot pursuit" and deliberate targeting. Russia used the same "scorched earth" policy towards civilians when they put down the Chechnyan independence movement.

Russia bombed every single hospital in eastern Aleppo. They also targeted schools. They don't deny it, they rationalize it as a legitimate target by saying "rebels" were hiding there among civilians: Hospitals legitimate target for Assad and Moscow: Russian ambassador - ARA News

Hospitals in Aleppo were hit by barrel bombs - weaponry designed to do the maximum amount of damage to the human body with no precision.

As far as I can - in any modern conflict - Russia has never shown any consideration for civilian casualties. And why should we believe Russia? They lied about sending military into the Ukraine. And they've barely targeted ISIS.
. Sounds like Russia fights wars to win them, otherwise if the enemy uses human shields, then the blood of their brothers & sisters is on the evil bastards hands who would cowardly do such things, and not upon those who have been thrown into a war in order to try and save lives in the end, instead of dragging it out killing millions when that tactic of dragging a war out is used. We used nukes on two Japanese cities, but in the long term we saved millions of lives by doing so.

Obama Strikes Back at Russia for Election Hacking

In a sweeping set of announcements, the United States also released samples of malware and other indicators of Russian cyberactivity, including network addresses of computers commonly used by the Russians to launch attacks. Taken together, the actions amount to the strongest American response ever taken to a state-sponsored cyberattack aimed at the United States.

U.S. evicts Russians for spying, imposes sanctions after election hacks
U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan, the top Republican in Congress, said Russia "has consistently sought to undermine" U.S. interests and called the sanctions overdue.

Republican Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham said they intended to lead effort in Congress to "impose stronger sanctions on Russia."

Incoming White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus told Fox News he did not condone foreign governments hacking U.S. institutions.

"It’s wrong and it’s something we don’t agree with," Priebus said. "However, it would be nice if we could get to a place where the intelligence community in unison can tell us what it is that has been going on and what the investigation was and what it has led to so that we can respond."

The Trump team's response could generate bipartisan discord early in the new administration's tenure.

U.S. intelligence agencies say Russia was behind hacks into Democratic Party organizations and operatives ahead of the Nov. 8 presidential election. U.S. intelligence officials say the Russian cyber attacks were aimed at helping Trump defeat Democrat Hillary Clinton.

Republican and Democratic lawmakers have voiced concern about Russia's actions, setting up a potential wall of opposition should Trump seek to overturn Obama's measures.

They are quite simply -- hysterical baby type hypocrites. They know better. Have no idea why they are so indignant about this. There is NO PRIVACY in unsecured communications when it comes to foreign intelligence agencies. They know this. And the the GOP babies probably are fully aware that the Russians were tapping RNC as well.

The whole big question here is not the phony outrage over the tapping. It's WHY and HOW that information was released to the American public. Because RELEASING IT -- if it WAS a Kremlin ordered deal -- it could compromise their Intelligence people and practices and methods. You simply don't DO that intentionally. You don't give adversaries an EXCUSE to do forensic analysis on your spying. And you would clean up the trail BEFORE you release the captured info.

If it was a security force operation -- they were very sloppy ON PURPOSE. My guess is that the captured booty was PASSED to WikiLeaks by a disgruntled employee or "whistle-blower". Or a different "hacker" or foreign agency.

Which begs the question of who Edward Snowden might be influencing during his stay in Russia. :ack-1:

Not necessarily. For one thing - this has been going on for a while with no serious repercussions to Russia and giving our intelligence people time to gather evidence. Spies get caught, even under the most careful regimes. Why would Russia be any different?

Point is --- that kind of intel doesn't generally get released to the public if it can be TRACED back to specific operatives or agents. Especially if they were sloppy enough to leave evidence of their methods. The whole point of gathering it is to hold it secret and use it as leverage in "negotiations". You could burn entire groups that collect that stuff by exposing it without cleaning up.

Looks to me like someone Internally burned the Kremlin. The way that Snowden did here in the US.

And it's not just one affair. You have Hillary's stupid ass home brewed system which I'm SURE was browsed by 4 or 6 foreign nations. Then you have the DNC hacks which were interesting but not even close to fatal for Clinton personally. And Finally, you have the idiot Podesta running an entire campaign out of Gmail account on his commercial phone. Those are all different stories. And the DNC and media are just balling them up into one big "Russia did it" excuse...

See I don't think so, and the reason is - there appears to be a long history of hacking attempts from Russia on us and other western governments aimed at election processes. Releasing it can influence things as much as holding it, especially through a proxy like Wikileaks.

We've been spying on Russian politicos for 35 years or more. This is from a book, not my "personal" experience, but in the 1980s we could tell you exactly how much Vodka the Kremlin was ordering and what brands. So if they were interested in where Podesta got his pizza from --- you shouldn't be surprised.

NONE of that info ever makes it to public domain unless someone gets blackmailed with it in exchange for negotiating concessions. That's what is "not right" about this "blame it on the Russians" deal..

You don't want the other guessing how they know what they know. Was it satellite interception, an antenna on an embassy, an asset working on the ground, a group for hire in Romania??? You don't want to widely EXPOSE those methods. Because they can be neutralized. And people could get killed.

I disagree. Russia was using Wikileaks to cover it's track. There is substantial agreement among diverse authorities that Russia was behind the hacking. There is zero evidence that it was the DNC insider. There is nothing substantial in the hacked emails - nothing outright illegal. What's there is stuff that can be implied, misconstrued or is embarressing. It's not "blackmail worthy" but it can - when released at strategic intervals - cause havoc.

I disagree. Russia was using Wikileaks to cover it's track. There is substantial agreement among diverse authorities that Russia was behind the hacking. There is zero evidence that it was the DNC insider. There is nothing substantial in the hacked emails - nothing outright illegal. What's there is stuff that can be implied, misconstrued or is embarressing. It's not "blackmail worthy" but it can - when released at strategic intervals - cause havoc.

Yes, it was stupid for CNN to collude with the DNC over emails.

Last edited:
Oh, I see. So Obama expelled the diplomats etc and is blaming Russia for hacking because a fake pic suggests that putin and Trump horse ride together? I guess that sounds about right for you leftards! Lol

No, it's more along the lines that Russians can hack US emails and Trumpie and the right-wing neocons loons are okay with this. These are the same loons that have patriotic name and avatars and also bang on about having served. Yet, you'd rather belittle your president than give Putin the good kicking he deserves because the 'win' is more important to you than the security of your country. Sounds about right for you deplorables.

Well I don't know about you, but they could hack my e-mails all they want, and you know why ?? It's because I have nothing to hide, so basically you people are admitting in all of this that Hillary was a security risk, and that because of her vulnerabilities she absolutely didn't qualify to be the President.

A lot of people are cocky about "not having anything to hide", but when your accountant turns out to be a relative of
a person on "suspect list", all of a sudden, that gasoline and pipe in your garage can become "bomb making materials". Or even a tendency to keep too much cash on hand. We've seen folks shaken down by lines of IRS, BATF, and DHSecurity because they put in an application for a non-profit political organization. Doesn't pay to get cocky about "having nuttin to hide" these days.

And the Russian Embassy just kissed back.

C08yjFHWIAAnaCu.jpg

That is more than a big wet sloppy kiss.........

eeacc28f6c4cdfc55fabaa34aa886274.png
PLEASE move to Canada as quick as you can. This is the kind of deplorable crap Killary blamed on Trump supporters. It is known who the real deplorables are by the evidence mounting more and more and more.

Why? I'm very busy defending my country. You should move to Russia.
. I'm not the one crying about our newly elected President. I mean if you just can't deal with it, then you know where the door is, and don't let it hit ya where the good Lord split cha.

But you are very busy defending Putin........ What that makes you?
. Defending Putin or defending Trump ?

Trump will allow the diplomats back in 3 weeks, most likely.

This was a very bad move by Obama that is not going to accomplish anything positive.

If anyone thinks this lame gesture will stop anyone from spying, they are very stupid.

Trump will allow the diplomats back in 3 weeks, most likely.

This was a very bad move by Obama that is not going to accomplish anything positive.

If anyone thinks this lame gesture will stop anyone from spying, they are very stupid.
TRump is a traitor and col so are you

WHICH hacking were they behind? The DNC hack was a simple spearfishing attack. ANYONE could have done it. Getting a Gmail account from a phone is a little trickier, but there were reports that Podesta had LOST a phone.

The assumption seems to be that ONLY the Russians were in those 3 separate attacks. But I assure you, there were other breaches on those stupid systems. There were just too tempting as targets.

In classified session, with the DNC and RNC, the FBI probably told them HOW MANY hacking attempts or successes had been made. It's not likely at all that ONLY the Russians were into those systems. And the only one of the 3 that had "the good stuff" on Clinton was Podesta's phone. And maybe the other "not publicly released" classified info that came from Clintons' "security workaround" server. But her lawyers and contractors damaged the evidence so badly on that one, that no can assess how many unauthorized leaks there were on that system.

Media and govt are wrapping all of these together in attempt to confuse folks.. The problem was -- DNC and Clinton and Podesta did not LISTEN to security advice. There's your fundamental issue..

Nah..... Putin is just a pussy and scared to retaliate. Trust me there are more coming.
How in the world that Obama look stupid when he just kick Putiin ass? Sorry if that hurts you and your buddies feelings here. You may want to use a paper towel bc tissue is not good enough to wipe all those tears running down your cheeks. Give some to your buddies here.,

Restoration of US - Russia relations.
1. Do you honestly believe Putin will stop selling arms to Iran & Syria that terrorize this planet just bc of lying Trump?
2. Do you honestly believe Putin will stop intimidating his neighbors bc of lying Trump?
3. Do you honestly believe Putin will withdraw from Crimea because of lying Trump?
4. Do you honest believe stop hacking other countries just bc of lying Trump?
5. Do you honestly believe Putin will stop murdering civilians in Syria just bc of lying Trump?

BUT I honestly believe Trump will weaken this country by being a puppet of Putin. Today alone 12/30/16 .......... He fucking admire Putin from being smart.

Putin won't retaliate--they've already done enough damage--here's what they did to the PENTAGON.
Russian hack almost brought the U.S. military to its knees

This is the FIRST time they have interfered into our election process.

The reason why they wanted Trump is because they wanted all U.S. Sanctions lifted. It clearly has backfired on them, and they may try and correct some of the damage by casually leaking information on the Trump campaign.

There has NEVER been such a severe action taken against Russia. And there's more to come. This is far from over.

They should expose and froze Putin billions, cut off Russian banking system and closed more compounds here in US.
. Dag, you that mad about your Killary that you would start a war with Russia ?? Are you kin to Hitler maybe ?? Scorched earth policy eh ?

I'm just mad because of too much traitors in my country.
If you were born in Miami,
why you say
'too much traitors'???

Why does it matter? You're attacking someone on their english skills?

Putin won't retaliate--they've already done enough damage--here's what they did to the PENTAGON.
Russian hack almost brought the U.S. military to its knees

This is the FIRST time they have interfered into our election process.

The reason why they wanted Trump is because they wanted all U.S. Sanctions lifted. It clearly has backfired on them, and they may try and correct some of the damage by casually leaking information on the Trump campaign.

There has NEVER been such a severe action taken against Russia. And there's more to come. This is far from over.

They should expose and froze Putin billions, cut off Russian banking system and closed more compounds here in US.
. Dag, you that mad about your Killary that you would start a war with Russia ?? Are you kin to Hitler maybe ?? Scorched earth policy eh ?

why you say
'too much traitors'???

English should be capitalized.

I don't call that QUACK QUACK QUACK when Obama slap Putin with................... Crippling economic sanctions, install missile system in Poland next to Putin ass, ejected 35 diplomats, closing 2 Russian compounds.
But you can continue your quaking.
For 20 days. Ha ha ha. Putin wishes you happy New Year. Lol.

Quack Quack Quack Quack ............... Its fun to see Obama kicking Putin ass. I'm sure all you Putin lovers and Obama haters didn't like that.
GOOD JOB OBAMA.

"Quack Quack Quack Quack"

obama-lame-duck-4.jpg

Sure you do...... You are here defending your beloved Putin. Stop posting those funny picture that doesn't makes you look smart.
You don't like funny pics? Awwwwwwww.
What about this one??? This is where Obammy is at right now :)

View attachment 104525

Another stupid meme. How original.

why you say
'too much traitors'???

English should be capitalized.

Indeed. So you think you make important points by attacking people's language skills?

Actually I do and so half of Americans that voted believed that Putin hacked into our system in order to help Trump win. During campaign Trump invited the Russians to hack into DNC and continue admiring Putin. If you don't believe that...... Then you are insulting your own intelligence.
Hah, you're an idiot. Like half of Americans that think like you. Trump made a joke regarding Hillary's missing 33,000 emails saying if they had them. For you to not know or understand means you are hopelessly deranged and stupid. You really should not be voting.

Plus you can't understand the real problem for you is the emails showed how corrupt the Dems are. Russians or no Russians. Sucks to be you.

The disingenuous outrage over "Trump soliciting Russia to hack Hillary emails" is fucking retarded and part of the reason Trump won.

Many Americans are no longer listening to the lying snowflakes.

This election was a VERY FIRM "fuck off" to snowflakes.

It's possible to disagree with Obama on policy without being "RACIST". Snowflakes leveraged their racist bullshit into political hay, and many people had enough of that stupid shit.

I would classify it as more of a flaccid "fuck off"...given the popular vote and all.

(cue cries about illegal immigrant voting)

WHICH hacking were they behind? The DNC hack was a simple spearfishing attack. ANYONE could have done it. Getting a Gmail account from a phone is a little trickier, but there were reports that Podesta had LOST a phone.

The assumption seems to be that ONLY the Russians were in those 3 separate attacks. But I assure you, there were other breaches on those stupid systems. There were just too tempting as targets.

In classified session, with the DNC and RNC, the FBI probably told them HOW MANY hacking attempts or successes had been made. It's not likely at all that ONLY the Russians were into those systems. And the only one of the 3 that had "the good stuff" on Clinton was Podesta's phone. And maybe the other "not publicly released" classified info that came from Clintons' "security workaround" server. But her lawyers and contractors damaged the evidence so badly on that one, that no can assess how many unauthorized leaks there were on that system.

Media and govt are wrapping all of these together in attempt to confuse folks.. The problem was -- DNC and Clinton and Podesta did not LISTEN to security advice. There's your fundamental issue..

That is A fundamental issue. Among others. I can't see all 17 intelligence agencies colluding to pinpoint Russia if they didn't have substantial evidence - they're notoriously cagy about committing to something like that. No one is saying it was ONLY Russia - but that the evidence points to Russia.

Forum List

Back