US Federal Debt

My friend then pointed out that the GOP is in control of government and should reduce spending, to which I replied they have no interest in reducing spending.
AttentionDeficitDisorder.jpg

War debt brought down the Russian empire and brought on the overthrow of the czar.
War debt and the royals fucking having it up brought down Louis XVI.

Infrastructure, science and education has never destroyed a great nation and never caused any of our debt.

images

Then why didn't Obama invest in that for the last eight years instead of all his grandiose social programs that doubled the debt by adding another ten trillion dollars?

*****SMILE*****

:)

Obama 'social programs' did not add 10 trillion to the debt.

You disappeared from the other DEBT threads as soon as I asked about the $4.5T dollar FED money printed. Much of it to buy up GOVT debt? I don't quite understand it and asked for answers. Does this mean BO actually presided over $14.5T total money debt? $12.5T?

We have this:View attachment 126544

AND we have FED:
View attachment 126545

What is MBS? More Mortgage back securities that caused the last big crash? sigh....

AND of course we have consumer debt. We have to live. We can't print money and they can take back the asset if you default. If you have equity you can get out in a clean sale and move to cheaper. Cars, Student loan........not so easy. Student loan will follow you forever I hear.

During BO the requirements to qualify were reduced. Disability, Food stamps, Medicaid....everything went higher. Is it still way up? So yes, social costs went higher.....adding debt each year. EDIT: Carbine ran off again to jump into another thread.

Uh, none of that proves that Obama added 10 trillion to the debt.
War debt brought down the Russian empire and brought on the overthrow of the czar.

Infrastructure, science and education has never destroyed a great nation and never caused any of our debt.

images

Then why didn't Obama invest in that for the last eight years instead of all his grandiose social programs that doubled the debt by adding another ten trillion dollars?

*****SMILE*****

Then what did?

Tell us what social programs Obama started, first.

Welfare spending jumped up 32% under Obama.

images

*****SMILE*****

You disappeared from the other DEBT threads as soon as I asked about the $4.5T dollar FED money printed. Much of it to buy up GOVT debt? I don't quite understand it and asked for answers. Does this mean BO actually presided over $14.5T total money debt? $12.5T?

AND we have FED:
View attachment 126545

What is MBS? More Mortgage back securities that caused the last big crash? sigh....

AND of course we have consumer debt. We have to live. We can't print money and they can take back the asset if you default. If you have equity you can get out in a clean sale and move to cheaper. Cars, Student loan........not so easy. Student loan will follow you forever I hear.

During BO the requirements to qualify were reduced. Disability, Food stamps, Medicaid....everything went higher. Is it still way up? So yes, social costs went higher.....adding debt each year. EDIT: Carbine ran off again to jump into another thread.

images

*****SMILE*****

Then what did?

images

*****SMILE*****

AND we have FED:
View attachment 126545

images

*****SMILE*****

Then what did?

images

*****SMILE*****

AND we have FED:
View attachment 126545

images

*****SMILE*****

Then what did?

images

*****SMILE*****

AND we have FED:
View attachment 126545

images

*****SMILE*****

Then what did?

And what did Obama have to do with that? Assuming it's even correct.

images

*****SMILE*****

AND we have FED:
View attachment 126545

images

*****SMILE*****

Then what did?

Let's put that in context:
Welfare Spending By President And Congress From 1959 To 2014

images

*****SMILE*****

AND we have FED:
View attachment 126545

images

*****SMILE*****

Then what did?

So the financial crisis had nothing to do with Bush? Is that what your telling me since nothing bad in your eyes was Obama's fault? Obama's policies brought us the worst GDP in history, and his policies down graded our credit rating for the first time in history.

images

*****SMILE*****

AND we have FED:
View attachment 126545

images

*****SMILE*****

Then what did?

So the financial crisis had nothing to do with Bush? Is that what your telling me since nothing bad in your eyes was Obama's fault? Obama's policies brought us the worst GDP in history, and his policies down graded our credit rating for the first time in history.

images

*****SMILE*****

AND we have FED:
View attachment 126545

images

*****SMILE*****

Then what did?

The problem with debt is you have to pay interest on it until you pay off the principal. Right now interest rates are pretty low and so the hit against our federal gov't for interest payments isn't that bad but each year we add more debt and those interest rates are going to go up sooner or later. By some estimates in ten years give or take the nat'l debt will be around $30 tril and we'll be paying close to a trillion bucks a year just on interest on that debt. That's money we can't spend on other stuff, and it's a huge unproductive drain on our economy.

And we haven't even begun to talk about the unfunded federal liabilities that by some estimates exceeds $200 trillion.

I always believed that Yellen et al kept it low to save Obama from breaking the bank.

Forum List

Back