US Foreign Aid by Country 2020. The omnibus appropriations provisions is different than the covid bill!!

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Overview
On a 359-53 vote in the House and 92-6 in the Senate, Congress passed a $900 billion COVID-relief package and $1.4 trillion government funding package that gives critical pandemic aid to Americans, while securing federal agency operations through September 2021. This document provides highlights of the $1.4 billion omnibus appropriations provisions.
FY 2021 Omnibus Appropriations Bill (ncsl.org)

US Foreign Aid by Country 2020

• Afghanistan ($5.94 billion)
  • Israel ($3.11 billion)
  • Jordan ($1.67 billion)
  • Egypt ($1.23 billion)
  • Iraq ($1.18 billion)
  • Ethiopia ($878 million)
  • Syria ($835 million)
  • Kenya ($824 million)
More items...
US Foreign Aid by Country 2020 - World Population Review

-------------------------------------
even tramp senators mess this up, esp on fox and friends they mess this up, and they know what their doing, but do it anyway.

They have nothing to do with each other, but while the senate was running out of time they voted only once.

They screwed most of the American people , all except those who have businesses and the 3 matinee lunches.

Last edited:
When we have a huge part of the nation shut down, we should not be sending a DIME overseas with our great grand childrens tax money.

We have been doing it ever since I was alive and before, esp after WWII. They are 2 separate bills!!

What is foreign aid?
Foreign aid is money, technical assistance, and commodities that the United States provides to other countries in support of a common interest of the U.S. and that country. Typically, the support goes either to a government entity or to communities in that country. Such support typically falls into one of three categories: humanitarian assistance for life-saving relief from natural and manmade disasters; development assistance that promotes the economic, social, and political development of countries and communities; and security assistance, which helps strengthen the military and security forces in countries allied with the United States. The relative proportions vary each year, but over time humanitarian assistance accounts for a bit less than one-third of the foreign aid budget, development assistance a bit more than a third, and security assistance about a third. Very little actually is delivered as cash, and most funds for humanitarian and development assistance are provided not to government entities but used for technical assistance and commodities provided by U.S., international, and local organizations.
How much of the federal budget is devoted to foreign aid?
Less than 1%. Opinion polls consistently report that Americans believe foreign aid comprises around 25% of the federal budget. When asked how much it should be, they say about 10%. In fact, at $39.2 billion for fiscal year 2019, foreign aid is less than 1% of the federal budget.
What every American should know about US foreign aid (brookings.edu)

Is it just me or does Israel kind of stick out on that list? All of the other countries are desperate and poor. Israel has universal healthcare and some of the best opportunity for citizens in the world. What's the deal?

Last edited:
if sending foreign countries US tax dollars benefits America somehow, democrats would oppose it.

It's really that simple. Democrats are America's domestic enemy.

Is it just me or does Israel kind of stick out on that list? All of the other countries are desperate and poor. Israel has universal healthcare and some of the best opportunity for citizens in the world. What's the deal?
Israel sticks out because it is the only country friendly to the US, so naturally democrats oppose helping them.

They had plenty of time to debate and post both bills. They had months. Yes, the decided to do it this way because overall they are a worthless bunch but in two years we will re-elect them.

It's our fault.

Israel sticks out because it is the only country friendly to the US, so naturally democrats oppose helping them.

Pakistan allowed us to invade them and did nothing. Do you imagine Israel would do that?

Just like the pallets of cash Iran got from democrats, most of this aid money will go to fund terrorist groups aligned against the US and its allies.

Overview
On a 359-53 vote in the House and 92-6 in the Senate, Congress passed a $900 billion COVID-relief package and $1.4 trillion government funding package that gives critical pandemic aid to Americans, while securing federal agency operations through September 2021. This document provides highlights of the $1.4 billion omnibus appropriations provisions.
FY 2021 Omnibus Appropriations Bill (ncsl.org)

US Foreign Aid by Country 2020

• Israel ($3.11 billion)
  • Jordan ($1.67 billion)
  • Egypt ($1.23 billion)
  • Iraq ($1.18 billion)
  • Syria ($835 million)
  • Kenya ($824 million)
More items...
US Foreign Aid by Country 2020 - World Population Review

-------------------------------------
even tramp senators mess this up, esp on fox and friends they mess this up, and they know what their doing, but do it anyway.

They have nothing to do with each other, but while the senate was running out of time they voted only once.

They screwed most of the American people , all except those who have businesses and the 3 matinee lunches.

so, 14 billion + just in the ones you listed, giveaways to foreign governments, that could be used here.

and you're happy about it?

Why?

But the others are okay? 700 mill for Sudan... wonder where that money will end up?

No, you're right. I think all of it should stop, but I think Israel needs that help the least. I find it very bizarre that they're getting billions a year and still lobby for more.

But the others are okay? 700 mill for Sudan... wonder where that money will end up?

No, you're right. I think all of it should stop, but I think Israel needs that help the least. I find it very bizarre that they're getting billions a year and still lobby for more.

doesnt bother right wing nutjobs, as long as it is another right wing nutjob receiving it...

Democrats really hate Israel. I've heard democrats say here that they hoped Iran nuked isael after trump killed that general, saying it would bring about peace for 2000 years. No joke. This is what most democrats think but won't admit it.

Democrats really hate Israel. I've heard democrats say here that they hoped Iran nuked isael after trump killed that general, saying it would bring about peace for 2000 years. No joke. This is what most democrats think but won't admit it.

and thats why obama signed the iron dome deal with israel...
right...

brain farce...
nothing else...

When we have a huge part of the nation shut down, we should not be sending a DIME overseas with our great grand childrens tax money.

We have been doing it ever since I was alive and before, esp after WWII. They are 2 separate bills!!
It wouldn't matter if they were 10 different bills. This....

• Israel ($3.11 billion)
  • Jordan ($1.67 billion)
  • Egypt ($1.23 billion)
  • Iraq ($1.18 billion)
  • Syria ($835 million)
  • Kenya ($824 million)
Should outrage everyone no matter what bill it was stuffed into.

Then to only offer 600 to Americans is just the slap in the face needed to wake most uninformed twats.

What the hell difference does that make, Darwin? You act like the money is mutually exclusive. They blow billions of debt on foreign countries while throwing crumbs at struggling Americans. Stop defending it.

Forum List

Back