US Jobless claims fall to 4 decade low

I understand that you and ed would be a pair. But buddies, no doubt. Between the two of you, you can have a normal IQ, 50 each.

Did you just accuse Ed and I of being "but buddies", Georgie? I thought you were the guy who abhorred personal attacks? So Ed, brings up valid points about something you've claimed...cites examples of how you're wrong...and you respond how? Not with a well reasoned rebuttal...but with snide homosexual innuendoes?

You simply proved my point...someone confronts you with facts and you respond with personal attacks. That's not a problem either...I could care less when you go all juvenile on us...but it borders on farce when you do THAT and then whine about supposed "personal attacks" by others!

just conjecture. More likely, you simply have similar IQ's, Ed is and has been long known as the site Troll. Stupid as a post. And you seem to be trying to get there.

And you've long been known as the site POSER...

Don't you get tired of making an ass out of yourself with this stuff? Seriously...you come on here and pretend to know something about economics but then you post some of the most unintelligent things I've ever heard on the subject...proving without question that you don't have a clue about what you're talking about. Yet you don't seem to realize how bad you look. I've never seen anything quite like it.

That, me boy, would be your opinion. And you know how much I respect your opinion,

I am really impressed that you teamed with Ed, who for years has been know as The Troll. of this board And with him, waste everyones time with an incredibly stupid post trying to say that Hoobert Hoover did not stand by watching ort Unemployment Rate go from 3.5% to 25% while doing NOTHING. Which I had stated in my post. And saying that he passed much of the stimulus legislation that was, in fact, passed and signed into law by FDR. Truth was EVERY SINGLE POLITICIAN in the US was scared shitless, and if they were Republican, were about to loose their jobs in the next election after the Great Republican Recession Started in 1929. And suddenly, with the ue rate soaring past 20%, republicans became democrats. But not until the ue rate passed 20% on its way to 25%. That caused human misery beyond belief, me boy.
And you, to stand with the great Troll, Ed, and suggest that the problem was one Republican, that being Hoover, was beyond untrue. It was an effort to rewrite history, me boy. The great depression happened in 1929, but had been led up to since 1920, and pretty much entirely by three Republican Presidents (Harding, Coolidge, and Hoover), and three Republican Controlled Congresses.
And then, to blame the Great Republican Depression of 1929 on republican efforts to control the Economy with Tariffs and suggest that those bills had ANYTHING TO DO WITH controlling the human misery caused by the Great Depression was not only untrue, but a complete misstating of the causes of the Great Depression and the efforts to bring unemployment back under control.
Truth was that Hoover and his team tried, after the country literally exploded into chaos caused by the crash of 1929, to draft legislation and get it into law, it was only after the fact. Way too late. Way too small.
Now, most would be ashamed of the lies and distortion of your post. But instead, you suggest it was I who posted untruths. I did not, me boy. The truth is a well known thing. Your, and Ed's, revision is where the lies are. And you posted them. No one else but you and your friend, Ed.
Here is a bit of truth, me boy. Try and read and understand:
"In general, the Republicans retained control of Congress until 1931, after 19 Republicans in the US House of Representatives died and Democrats took their places in the special elections- after Republican President Herbert Hoover had continuously failed to get the US out of the Great Depression.
The Great Depression
On October 29, 1929, a day known in history as Black Tuesday, the New York Stock Exchange experienced a significant crash and the United States, as well as most of the world, would enter a major recession.[47] In response, President Herbert Hoover and the Republican Congress passed the Smoot Hawley Tariff Act. However, it has been recognized that this act only made economic condition far worse.[47] The 1930 midterm election saw the Republicans barely maintain control of the US House of Representatives and US Senate.[48][49] Shortly after the 1930 midterm election, however, special elections were held to replace 19 House of Representative-elects who died, and Democrats would gain a four-seat majority in the US House of Representatives as a result of the outcome of these elections.[50] In the 1932 US Senate elections, the Democrats easily regained control over the US Senate once again; this 1932 election also saw Franklin Roosevelt get elected US President as well, and Roosevelt could now begin his historic New Deal policies through the Democrat-dominated US Congress, and could bring the US out of the Great Depression.
History of the United States Congress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia"

FDR took over the Presidency in late March of 1933, with the depression raging. As I have been saying, the Great Depression of 1929 was a Republican affair. And conservatives have been hard at trying to rewrite that history for decades.

FDR didn't end the Depression either! UE didn't drop below 14% under FDR until Hitler conquered France in 1940. So technically Hitler ended the FDR Depression
No, massive government spending ended it.

Did you just accuse Ed and I of being "but buddies", Georgie? I thought you were the guy who abhorred personal attacks? So Ed, brings up valid points about something you've claimed...cites examples of how you're wrong...and you respond how? Not with a well reasoned rebuttal...but with snide homosexual innuendoes?

You simply proved my point...someone confronts you with facts and you respond with personal attacks. That's not a problem either...I could care less when you go all juvenile on us...but it borders on farce when you do THAT and then whine about supposed "personal attacks" by others!

just conjecture. More likely, you simply have similar IQ's, Ed is and has been long known as the site Troll. Stupid as a post. And you seem to be trying to get there.

Don't you get tired of making an ass out of yourself with this stuff? Seriously...you come on here and pretend to know something about economics but then you post some of the most unintelligent things I've ever heard on the subject...proving without question that you don't have a clue about what you're talking about. Yet you don't seem to realize how bad you look. I've never seen anything quite like it.

That, me boy, would be your opinion. And you know how much I respect your opinion,

I am really impressed that you teamed with Ed, who for years has been know as The Troll. of this board And with him, waste everyones time with an incredibly stupid post trying to say that Hoobert Hoover did not stand by watching ort Unemployment Rate go from 3.5% to 25% while doing NOTHING. Which I had stated in my post. And saying that he passed much of the stimulus legislation that was, in fact, passed and signed into law by FDR. Truth was EVERY SINGLE POLITICIAN in the US was scared shitless, and if they were Republican, were about to loose their jobs in the next election after the Great Republican Recession Started in 1929. And suddenly, with the ue rate soaring past 20%, republicans became democrats. But not until the ue rate passed 20% on its way to 25%. That caused human misery beyond belief, me boy.
And you, to stand with the great Troll, Ed, and suggest that the problem was one Republican, that being Hoover, was beyond untrue. It was an effort to rewrite history, me boy. The great depression happened in 1929, but had been led up to since 1920, and pretty much entirely by three Republican Presidents (Harding, Coolidge, and Hoover), and three Republican Controlled Congresses.
And then, to blame the Great Republican Depression of 1929 on republican efforts to control the Economy with Tariffs and suggest that those bills had ANYTHING TO DO WITH controlling the human misery caused by the Great Depression was not only untrue, but a complete misstating of the causes of the Great Depression and the efforts to bring unemployment back under control.
Truth was that Hoover and his team tried, after the country literally exploded into chaos caused by the crash of 1929, to draft legislation and get it into law, it was only after the fact. Way too late. Way too small.
Now, most would be ashamed of the lies and distortion of your post. But instead, you suggest it was I who posted untruths. I did not, me boy. The truth is a well known thing. Your, and Ed's, revision is where the lies are. And you posted them. No one else but you and your friend, Ed.
"In general, the Republicans retained control of Congress until 1931, after 19 Republicans in the US House of Representatives died and Democrats took their places in the special elections- after Republican President Herbert Hoover had continuously failed to get the US out of the Great Depression.
The Great Depression
On October 29, 1929, a day known in history as Black Tuesday, the New York Stock Exchange experienced a significant crash and the United States, as well as most of the world, would enter a major recession.[47] In response, President Herbert Hoover and the Republican Congress passed the Smoot Hawley Tariff Act. However, it has been recognized that this act only made economic condition far worse.[47] The 1930 midterm election saw the Republicans barely maintain control of the US House of Representatives and US Senate.[48][49] Shortly after the 1930 midterm election, however, special elections were held to replace 19 House of Representative-elects who died, and Democrats would gain a four-seat majority in the US House of Representatives as a result of the outcome of these elections.[50] In the 1932 US Senate elections, the Democrats easily regained control over the US Senate once again; this 1932 election also saw Franklin Roosevelt get elected US President as well, and Roosevelt could now begin his historic New Deal policies through the Democrat-dominated US Congress, and could bring the US out of the Great Depression.

FDR took over the Presidency in late March of 1933, with the depression raging. As I have been saying, the Great Depression of 1929 was a Republican affair. And conservatives have been hard at trying to rewrite that history for decades.

FDR didn't end the Depression either! UE didn't drop below 14% under FDR until Hitler conquered France in 1940. So technically Hitler ended the FDR Depression

And that only started in 1940?

Fucking retard

The Great Depression

Fucking retard
No, that started in 1941.

The Great Depression

Fucking retard

box_of_rocks.jpg

The Great Depression

Fucking retard

box_of_rocks.jpg
Nice MRI image of your head.

Probably explains why you failed to refute what I said.

Since you can't admit the Keystone Pipeline Bill would have created jobs...I assume you also won't admit that the GOP effort to repeal the Medical Device Tax imposed under ObamaCare...an effort that was met with a veto threat by President Obama ALSO would have "saved" jobs? Let's hear your excuse for that, Georgie...
The estimate of jobs created for the KP is about 42,000 jobs for one year. While that does provide a temporary boost for 42,000 people, that must be weighed against the hazards of transporting tar sands oil from one end of the country to the other as well as the cost benefit for the U.S. since it is Canadian oil and they reap the profits.

The US is crisscrossed with pipelines from one end of the country to the other, Faun...so please don't use that sorry excuse! It's amazing how giving 42,000 people a great paying job for as long as it takes to complete that pipeline doesn't interest you liberals but for those people who aren't working? I suspect they would LOVE to be employed for that time!

The truth of the matter is that Keystone became a "symbol" to you on the left! That's why Obama threatened to veto it. Because he was pandering to the environmental wing of the Democratic Party.
Your retardation is noted but I did not complain about it because it's a pipeline.

Try harder next time. :thup:

LOL...when Georgie is threatened with inconvenient facts he resorts to homosexual innuendoes...when you're threatened with inconvenient facts you resort to accusations of retardation? But your side doesn't use "personal attacks"...nah, never! :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

The difference is, we are telling the truth. You have lied about one issue, me boy, over 100 times. Basic, straight, proven lies. Yet you just keep on.
So, that and your many, many other lies make you an obvious target.
Then, though you have never been able to prove it, you have said I am a liar scores of times. Always with no proof, just with made up reasoning.
Again, it makes you an obvious target.
Really, if you did not lie, you would have cut the number of posts you have done by fully 50 percent. And if you would use actual logic, by another 30 percent.
Which makes you an obvious target.
Threatened with facts? Like the batch of drivel that I just disproved about Hoover. More lack of logic AND lies.
You are a con tool. Another Troll in training. And a true dipshit.

Since you can't admit the Keystone Pipeline Bill would have created jobs...I assume you also won't admit that the GOP effort to repeal the Medical Device Tax imposed under ObamaCare...an effort that was met with a veto threat by President Obama ALSO would have "saved" jobs? Let's hear your excuse for that, Georgie...
The estimate of jobs created for the KP is about 42,000 jobs for one year. While that does provide a temporary boost for 42,000 people, that must be weighed against the hazards of transporting tar sands oil from one end of the country to the other as well as the cost benefit for the U.S. since it is Canadian oil and they reap the profits.

The US is crisscrossed with pipelines from one end of the country to the other, Faun...so please don't use that sorry excuse! It's amazing how giving 42,000 people a great paying job for as long as it takes to complete that pipeline doesn't interest you liberals but for those people who aren't working? By the way, that estimate of 42,000 and one year comes from the Obama State Department...which obviously is pushing one side of this debate. The time to complete the job is more accurately put at two years...not one! I suspect the construction workers would LOVE to be employed for that time!

The truth of the matter is that Keystone became a "symbol" to you on the left! That's why Obama threatened to veto it. Because he was pandering to the environmental wing of the Democratic Party.

Cool. More lessons for you, Oldstyle. Oxymoron: If you use the term Truth of the Matter and the name Oldstyle in a sentence, you have created an OXYMORON. And it was created by a MORON.

And your proof is?............ Oh, it is oldstyle, and he is a con tool, who only
posts conservative talking points. Wow, oldstyle, that was a really profound statement. Another lesson for you, Oldstyle. Dipshit: A Dipshit, me boy, is someone who posts drivel without any proof and WASTES EVERYONE'S TIME. Dipshit.

And your proof is?............ Oh, it is oldstyle, and he is a con tool, who only
posts conservative talking points. Wow, oldstyle, that was a really profound statement. Another lesson for you, Oldstyle. Dipshit: A Dipshit, me boy, is someone who posts drivel without any proof and WASTES EVERYONE'S TIME. Dipshit.

Three dipshits in one post? Damn, Georgie...you're stressed when you get exposed as a poser...aren't you?

All that venom and bluster with only one goal...trying desperately to obscure the fact that you don't have the faintest idea what the formula was for determining "jobs saved"!

You keep accusing me of being a liar when I point out that it's obvious that you don't know a thing about economics...yet you keep proving my assertion that you don't, with every attempt at posting about economic issues.

So what's the formula, Georgie? Or did you want to try claiming the GOP's efforts to eliminate the Medical Devices Tax wouldn't have "saved" jobs?

I understand that you and ed would be a pair. But buddies, no doubt. Between the two of you, you can have a normal IQ, 50 each.

The Great Depression

That would be true. First, you never give the name of a depression to the person you task with ending a depression created by the other party. He only brought ue down from 25.4% to 14.2% before your arbitrary date. That would be, what, 11.3% from the high of the Great Republican Depression. And a decrease of MORE than any unemployment percentage EXCEPT the Great Republican Depression of 1929. I mean, there must have been something like that accomplished by a republican,right??????????????????????????????????????????
"And not down by the time Germany invaded France"??? Maybe we should look at when the Crusades occurred. Or the Vietnam War occurred. Most think the depression was heavily influenced by the US entering the war. But that was December, of 1941, And by then, the ue was at about 9.65% Down over 15% from the high of the Great Republican Depression of 1929.
1941 ue rate was 9.66%
Unemployment Statistics during the Great Depression

So what's the formula, Georgie? Or did you want to try claiming the GOP's efforts to eliminate the Medical Devices Tax wouldn't have "saved" jobs?

You seem to be looking for Georgie, me boy. He is not here.

Just one more corner that you've painted yourself into...you never learn...:itsok:
I never lie. By never lying, I never paint myself into lying. Now, painting yourself into lying is like when you have said, over 100 times, that I did not understand your post when you said you asked me about the Chicago School of Economics. Because, me boy, you NEVER posted a question about THAT. Making your statement a lie. Over 100 times, since 2012, me boy.
Now, you will ignore what I just said. If it were untrue, you would provide the post # and date and thread name. But since you lied then and the next hundred times since, you are cornered. So, being a con tool with ho integrity, you will just go on lying.

The Great Depression

That would be true. First, you never give the name of a depression to the person you task with ending a depression created by the other party. He only brought ue down from 25.4% to 14.2% before your arbitrary date. That would be, what, 11.3% from the high of the Great Republican Depression. And a decrease of MORE than any unemployment percentage EXCEPT the Great Republican Depression of 1929. I mean, there must have been something like that accomplished by a republican,right??????????????????????????????????????????
"And not down by the time Germany invaded France"??? Maybe we should look at when the Crusades occurred. Or the Vietnam War occurred. Most think the depression was heavily influenced by the US entering the war. But that was December, of 1941, And by then, the ue was at about 9.65% Down over 15% from the high of the Great Republican Depression of 1929.
1941 ue rate was 9.66%

It's the FDR Depression because he's the joker that made it last his first two whole terms.

What a shame you know so little.

WWII Started in 1939 with the invasion of Poland. The USA stood aside while Poland then the lowlands fell. Once France fell in 1940 (look it up if you don't know), it was obvious we could not sit aside much longer and men started joining the US military and we started moving to wartime footing

I'd bet on the box of rock against you in Rock, Paper and Scissors and give you 2-1 odds as well and still make a fortune

the condition that I gave you that I said would cause me to provide you with the formula was as follows: Now PAY ATTENTION, oldstyle.
If only you could show me the bill that a republican sponsored to help decrease unemployment during the great republican recession of 2008.
Now that, for most people, is really, really, really simple. So, me boy, not a bill to eliminate medical devices tax. Not a bill to fund a pipeline. A bill meant to decrease unemployment. Now, that is easy. I could do it for Democrats in a second. You must have some bills in mind for Republicans. If not, you loose. Though, me boy, if you can not figure out the formula, you have already lost. It is way too simple. Actually, there are a couple. At least. But I will provide you with one.
Oh, hell. Here is one. I am tired of your endless begging.
A - B = jobs saved
There. My job is done. And I did not even require you to hold up your end of the bargain. So, me boy, I owed you nothing. And you got something. Kind of like getting something for nothing. Next thing you will be complaining about it.

The Great Depression

1941 ue rate was 9.66%

It's the FDR Depression because he's the joker that made it last his first two whole terms.

WWII Started in 1939 with the invasion of Poland. The USA stood aside while Poland then the lowlands fell. Once France fell in 1940 (look it up if you don't know), it was obvious we could not sit aside much longer and men started joining the US military and we started moving to wartime footing

I'd bet on the box of rock against you in Rock, Paper and Scissors and give you 2-1 odds as well and still make a fortune

That was a really ignorant post. So you think that the start of the war in Europe should have meant something in terms of the Great Republican Depression???? Me boy, you need to get a grip. The Great Republican Depression was over twice as big as any recession in our history, and you expect it to go away easily. And, of course, you would like someone else to take responsibility for the Great Republican Depression. But, me boy, that will only happen in your conservative little mind. Or, perhaps, when we find the first successful Libertarian socio-economic country. Ever, in the existence of EARTH.

The Great Depression

1941 ue rate was 9.66%

No sane person (rules you out) blames FDR for the Great Depression which started some 3½ years before he even became president. Regardless, the unemployment rate dropped to under 10% in 1941 -- when government spending began skyrocketing in preparation of the war.

No sane person (rules you out) blames FDR for the Great Depression which started some 3½ years before he even became president.

might as well blame him since liberal interference policies caused the Great Depression and FDR continued policies of Hoover.

"We didn't admit it at the time, but practically the whole New Deal was extrapolated from programs that Hoover started."

Rexford Guy Tugwell, Roosevelt Advisor

Regardless, the unemployment rate dropped to under 10% in 1941 -- when government spending began skyrocketing in preparation of the war.

Millions in make work programs and more millions in the military made it seem only to perfect idiots that real unemployment had decreased.

We could always pretend we were at war, draft millions, and liberals fools could proclaim an end to unemployment.

Forum List

Back