🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

US Military Not Ready to Take on iran

US Military Not Ready to Take on Russia, China, Iran or North Korea
GetFile.aspx
U.S. Marines participate in joint landing exercise in South Korea on March 12. (Woohae Cho/Getty Images)

Despite having the largest military budget in the world, the United States probably wouldn't be ready if it were forced into a "great power war" with China, Russia, Iran or North Korea, says the nation's top general.

Military leaders voiced concern on Wednesday about their ability to fight a war with global powers like Russia, telling a congressional hearing that a lack of resources and training was weighing on America's combat readiness, reported Reuters.

We spend 650 billion/year on defense, China spend 140 billion/year.

If our military isn't ready then the scumbags that took that extra 510 billion dollars need to give it back, be fined for fraud, and jailed for fraud.

GetFile.aspx
U.S. Marines participate in joint landing exercise in South Korea on March 12. (Woohae Cho/Getty Images)

Despite having the largest military budget in the world, the United States probably wouldn't be ready if it were forced into a "great power war" with China, Russia, Iran or North Korea, says the nation's top general.

Military leaders voiced concern on Wednesday about their ability to fight a war with global powers like Russia, telling a congressional hearing that a lack of resources and training was weighing on America's combat readiness, reported Reuters.

You realize that they continually make these types of statements to justify increasing the Defense budget right?
We are into making very advanced weapons systems that can destroy our enemies. Very expensive...but very effective. The problem is we have weak dick military policy that does not allow us to use these very expensive, very effective weapon systems. How stupid is that?

you are addressing DA WRONG PERSON-----depleted uranium never caused
a birth defect in its cute little half life -------- "countless"??? how many is that?

Research it a bit more. Countless Iraqi babies are being born with horrific birth defects since the war. The cause is believed to be from depleted uranium used in some U.S. weapons.

"""The cause is believed.....""" ROFLMAO believed by whom? I have
encountered people who BELIEVED that being in viet nam ----created in them
AGENT ORANGE damage manifested by ------of course------impotence. Do
you still believe in SANTA CLAUS?

They've had an unusual massive spike in babies born with horrific birth defects since the war. You don't wanna believe it, than so be it. The Iraq War should have never happened. The U.S. is guilty of many atrocities there.

I do not know anything about your background-------I attended a state
college (ie the most inexpensive choice) and learned----almost
immediately the all important "CORRELATION IS NOT CAUSATION" <<<<
very important--------every teenager should learn that

Here's a little info on what's going on with children in Iraq since the war. I'll spare you the horrific photos...

Depleted Uranium And The Iraq War’s Legacy Of Cancer

Depleted uranium was used in Iraq warzone weaponry, and now kids are playing in contaminated fields and the spent weapons are being sold as scrap metal.

As instability in Iraq is forcing the United States to consider a third invasion of the Middle Eastern nation, the consequences of the first two invasions are coming into focus. For large sectors of the Iraqi population, American intervention has led to sharp spikes in the rates of congenital birth defects, premature births, miscarriages and leukemia cases.

The culprit behind all of these health issues is depleted uranium, a byproduct of uranium enrichment...

Read More:
Depleted Uranium And The Iraq War’s Legacy Of Cancer

-------the kid in the picture has a deformity of his brain------a developemental thing (that means congenital) Stuff like that happens
in the USA too and has been happening for MILLENNIA--------for information
of the CAUSES go to medical journals, not politicians and agitators. To
date no cases of congenital deformity have been conclusively linked to
depleted uranium You want to hear about my very own clinical experience with
cases of ANENCEPHALY-----? That kid has a developmental problem with
his forebrain--------THE WHOLE FRONT PART OF HIS BRAIN IS SCREWED
UP ----it did not develop in utero like a normal brain. No doubt you know about
the ZIKA virus---------right?---------its not depleted uranium

It was never supposed to be our concern about things "turning out well" for those places. Our mission was to destroy regimes that we believed were aiding terrorist, specifically al Qaeda, who had attacked us and to send a stern message to any other regimes that was thinking about aiding those terrorist. It was supposed to be a lesson in "with us or against us". Should have just gotten pledges and agreements from Afghanistan and Iraq to stay away from al Qaeda and anyone connected to them. Let them run their own countries otherwise.

Exactly, Bush's debacle actually resulted in Al qaeda being there, and Iran/Shiites seizing control of the country.

nope------CARTER's debacle------Bush was responding to the situation----just not all that well

Not gonna defend Carter on that. If you were gonna go to war, that would have been the time. Carter completely abandoned an ally, the Shah. But Carter was a dunce who was in way over his head. He shouldn't have ever been President.

That being said, the Shah was despised by most Iranians. He was seen as a brutal U.S. Puppet. He killed a whole lot of his Citizens. But i do agree with you somewhat. If you were gonna confront the radicals who took over Iran, it would have been at that time. But Carter was completely incapable of making such decisions.

how many Iranians did you know-------just for the sake of discussion----any time between 1950 and 1975----who HATED THE SHAH? I have known Iranians
in the USA since 1965----to the present time....that's expats-----for about 50 years. Iranians are still trickling out

He's very lucky he wasn't strung up in public like Mussolini. He fled before that could happen. He killed and imprisoned many of his own people. He was a U.S. Puppet Dictator. The Revolution was an easy quick one. They had a tremendous amount of support in the country.

The people OF TEHERAN still loved him--------why not admit the fact that
you never met an Iranian

It wasn't the regime changing and initial invasions that made Iraq and Afghanistan failures. It was the failure to obtain surrender and terms and instead implementing nation building and entering into wars of insurgency and civil wars in those places. Should have left both places after the military assets in those places were destroyed and left the nation building to the people who lived there.

yes----the MISTAKE was in the conduct of the war-------but considering the Shiite/sunni thing already sickening the society-------chances are nothing
could have turned out well
It was never supposed to be our concern about things "turning out well" for those places. Our mission was to destroy regimes that we believed were aiding terrorist, specifically al Qaeda, who had attacked us and to send a stern message to any other regimes that was thinking about aiding those terrorist. It was supposed to be a lesson in "with us or against us". Should have just gotten pledges and agreements from Afghanistan and Iraq to stay away from al Qaeda and anyone connected to them. Let them run their own countries otherwise.

Exactly, Bush's debacle actually resulted in Al qaeda being there, and Iran/Shiites seizing control of the country.

nope------CARTER's debacle------Bush was responding to the situation----just not all that well

Not gonna defend Carter on that. If you were gonna go to war, that would have been the time. Carter completely abandoned an ally, the Shah. But Carter was a dunce who was in way over his head. He shouldn't have ever been President.

That being said, the Shah was despised by most Iranians. He was seen as a brutal U.S. Puppet. He killed a whole lot of his Citizens. But i do agree with you somewhat. If you were gonna confront the radicals who took over Iran, it would have been at that time. But Carter was completely incapable of making such decisions.

refresh my memory-------cite those episodes of mass killings enacted by the SHAH OF IRAN. ------whom was the guy targeting? what ethnic groups were DISAPPEARING because of his policies. He has a somewhat brutal policing
system----SAVAK (??) probably a lot more civilized than that of present day
TURKEY and a WHOLE LOT NICER than present day IRAN

This is an obvious money grab from the military complex. Some on them trying to scare people .

If we have the biggest military , how can we not be ready to fight smaller militaries?

you underestimate both the IRANIAN military and the RUSSIAN military--

BTW ---WHO is the military complex? You seem to be imagining a
greedy owner of the navy and army ---GRABBING GOLD

Who? All the weapon producers and military suppliers for starters . Where do you think the 600 billion per year budget goes ? Troop salaries ? Lol!!

Then the military brass is always asking for more and more .

how many Iranians did you know-------just for the sake of discussion----any time between 1950 and 1975----who HATED THE SHAH? I have known Iranians
in the USA since 1965----to the present time....that's expats-----for about 50 years. Iranians are still trickling out

He's very lucky he wasn't strung up in public like Mussolini. He fled before that could happen. He killed and imprisoned many of his own people. He was a U.S. Puppet Dictator. The Revolution was an easy quick one. They had a tremendous amount of support in the country.

you never met an Iranian

No, they didn't. He was a U.S.-installed Puppet. He was placed into power by way of a U.S.-backed illegal coup. They overthrew the democratically elected Mohammad Mosaddegh. You really do need to brush up on history a bit.

yes----the MISTAKE was in the conduct of the war-------but considering the Shiite/sunni thing already sickening the society-------chances are nothing
could have turned out well

refresh my memory-------cite those episodes of mass killings enacted by the SHAH OF IRAN. ------whom was the guy targeting? what ethnic groups were DISAPPEARING because of his policies. He has a somewhat brutal policing

He was a brutal Dictator who killed and imprisoned anyone who opposed him. He was despised by most Iranians.

you never met an Iranian

No, they didn't. He was a U.S.-installed Puppet. He was placed into power by way of a U.S.-backed illegal coup. They overthrew the democratically elected Mohammad Mosaddegh. You really do need to brush up on history a bit.

uh huh------I got my Iranian history from Iranians and my sense of what they
felt about DA SHAH----from Iranians. Da coup was enacted by Iranians ---not
a single USA MILITARY BOOT hit the ground that day. What is true was a
very strong appeal to religious fanaticism that developed around
KHOMEINI -----he had a religious following with the declared enemy being----
not just DA JOOOOS but even more DA WEST. Just about all the
Iranians I knew back then---starting in the mid sixties, were either-----
medical school graduates or young jooos whose families were shipping
their kids OUT as the ISLAMIST SENTIMENT GREW. I learned about the islamist thing from muslims who alluded to "FANATICS IN MY COUNTRY" ---
they turned out to be the AYATOILET people that rid the country of the shah and
his BASPHEMOUS WESTERN IDEAS and----of course being a "tool of Zionism"
etc etc etc The PUPPET OF THE USA thing is a KHOMEINI LIBEL.
you are not the only person who swallowed it.

This is an obvious money grab from the military complex. Some on them trying to scare people .

If we have the biggest military , how can we not be ready to fight smaller militaries?

Who? All the weapon producers and military suppliers for starters . Where do you think the 600 billion per year budget goes ? Troop salaries ? Lol!!

I was in the US navy-----"more and more" meant at that time-----equiptment for the hospital------I got charged with doing a BOOK LIST-----in my field for the hospital library. -----------the ADMIRALS were not seeking gold ingots to bury in their gardens

He was a brutal Dictator who killed and imprisoned anyone who opposed him. He was despised by most Iranians.

from what source did you learn that? I am not denying that he was brutal-----just not quite as brutal as is the present government

I was in the US navy-----"more and more" meant at that time-----equiptment for the hospital------I got charged with doing a BOOK LIST-----in my field for the hospital library. -----------the ADMIRALS were not seeking gold ingots to bury in their gardens

IS it really hospital equipment running up the pentagon budget ???

Or maybe it's the fancy whiz jets that don't even work right .

you never met an Iranian

their kids OUT as the ISLAMIST SENTIMENT GREW. I learned about the islamist thing from muslims who alluded to "FANATICS IN MY COUNTRY" ---

Iran's problems began with the U.S.-backed illegal coup that overthrew Mohammad Mossadegh. He was a democratically elected leader. If we hadn't gotten involved, there wouldn't have been an Islamic Revolution. The Shah was brutal and was truly hated by most Iranians.

you never met an Iranian

Iran's problems began with the U.S.-backed illegal coup that overthrew Mohammad Mossadegh. He was a democratically elected leader. If we hadn't gotten involved, there wouldn't have been an Islamic Revolution. The Shah was brutal and was truly hated by most Iranians.

how do you know that the shah was HATED? no doubt he was hated by people who got in trouble with SAVAK------but I never met an Iranian in the USA who LEFT
IRAN because of the shah -------or hated him------or did not like him. -------1965 thru 1990 was the time period in which I encountered LOTS OF IRANIANS who were recent migrants. I met lots who hated the AYATOILETS. Is there an entity called
LEGAL COUP. according to the brits----Benjamin Franklin and George Washington were CRIMINALS

He was an enemy to ALL CIVILIZED PERSONS
(not you)
Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 or WMD. A bogus invasion so that Cheney's friends could get the oil and contracts in Iraq. And Saddam had better control of the region than anyone since.
Yep......innocent little dictator Saddam Hussein. Ummmm....ummmmm..
Ummmmm

the usual suspects are STILL pushing the LIBEL----"bush said sadamn has nukes"-----
In fact sadamn was engaged in mass destruction with whatever it was he DID have
and was hard at work doing chemicals and biologics over the dead bodies of
tens of thousands of kurds and Shiites. He also funded TERRORISM inter-nationally----nice guy that he was ------PUBH. Slobs are STILL farting out
9-11 !!!!!! I don't recall anyone blaming sadamn for 9-11-----but THEY
seem to have convinced themselves
Bush lied

Saddam was not a threat

Bush lied

Saddam was not a threat

Yes, he was. I was over there during the containment period and Hussein was constantly making aggressive moves. It was just a matter of time before we had to smack him down again.

Was he an immediate threat? No. Bush fucked up by diverting resources away from the effort in Afghanistan.

Forum List

Back