🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

US Military Not Ready to Take on iran

Bush lied

Saddam was not a threat

Yes, he was. I was over there during the containment period and Hussein was constantly making aggressive moves. It was just a matter of time before we had to smack him down again.

Was he an immediate threat? No. Bush fucked up by diverting resources away from the effort in Afghanistan.
Bullshit

He was more interested in saving his ass than provoking another military confrontation with the US

He was posturing to save face but was no threat outside his borders

Bush lied to justify an invasion before Blix proved he had no justification

He was an enemy to ALL CIVILIZED PERSONS
(not you)
Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 or WMD. A bogus invasion so that Cheney's friends could get the oil and contracts in Iraq. And Saddam had better control of the region than anyone since.
Yep......innocent little dictator Saddam Hussein. Ummmm....ummmmm..
Ummmmm

the usual suspects are STILL pushing the LIBEL----"bush said sadamn has nukes"-----
In fact sadamn was engaged in mass destruction with whatever it was he DID have
and was hard at work doing chemicals and biologics over the dead bodies of
tens of thousands of kurds and Shiites. He also funded TERRORISM inter-nationally----nice guy that he was ------PUBH. Slobs are STILL farting out
9-11 !!!!!! I don't recall anyone blaming sadamn for 9-11-----but THEY
seem to have convinced themselves
Bush lied

Saddam was not a threat

saddam was not a threat to whom? and Dr Bashar Assad is up for sainthood?

Come on now, you're becoming unhinged. The Iraq War should have never happened. We really blew it. It's time to move away from the 'Regime Change' policy. We just don't have the right to tell other nations they have to change their leaders. The policy only leads to horrific blunders like the Iraq War.

It wasn't the regime changing and initial invasions that made Iraq and Afghanistan failures. It was the failure to obtain surrender and terms and instead implementing nation building and entering into wars of insurgency and civil wars in those places. Should have left both places after the military assets in those places were destroyed and left the nation building to the people who lived there.

yes----the MISTAKE was in the conduct of the war-------but considering the Shiite/sunni thing already sickening the society-------chances are nothing
could have turned out well

The Iraq invasion has created this emerging Sunni/Shiite War. We handed the Shiites and Iran more power and influence in the region. Before the Iraq War, Iran and the Shiites had very little power & influence.

ROFLMAO since you know nothing about Shiites and sunnis and their
ONGOING feud------why do you comment?-----the CHANGE in the Iranian approach
to the area came when the IDIOT OF THE CENTURY -----JUMMAH CARTER stuck his tongue up the ass of KHOMEINI---------maybe you are too young to remember
The first muslim I knew WELL-------was a Shiite from India. He DESPISED
HINDUS-----and was not shy about discussing it with shy little youthful me. -------
that was about almost 50 years ago. When I commented "if hindus are so awful why did your family not migrate to Pakistan in 1948" ? The young surgeon
got so DISTRESSED that I thought he would die a cardiac death. I did not know ---way back then that Shiites were being shot in the streets of Pakistan and HE
did not tell me anything about it. It took me a few years to figure out why IRANIANS DESPISE PAKISTANIS--------real palpable hatred whenever they encountered each other ---------VIRULENT stuff

Hey man, wake up. Bush's horrific debacle handed Iraq over to Iran and the Shiites. You wanna be angry at someone, be angry at Bush and his crony assholes. Iran and the Shiites had less power & influence in the region before Bush's idiotic invasion.
Well, the problem with that is all of the stuff you're talking about happened after Obama left Iraq in 2012. Bush had been out of office almost 4 years.

blame-bush-poster.jpg

(not you)
Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 or WMD. A bogus invasion so that Cheney's friends could get the oil and contracts in Iraq. And Saddam had better control of the region than anyone since.
Ummmmm

the usual suspects are STILL pushing the LIBEL----"bush said sadamn has nukes"-----
tens of thousands of kurds and Shiites. He also funded TERRORISM inter-nationally----nice guy that he was ------PUBH. Slobs are STILL farting out
Bush lied

Saddam was not a threat

We don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud

Obama already took on Iran. And the end result is Iran has shipped out 25,000 pounds of enriched uranium , deactivated a breeder reactor, and dismantled 15,000 centrifuges.

14bt77.jpg

God...DAMMIT!!!
Course we're not gonna verify it......we just have to take the Iranians word for it......the same fuckers that launched a missile over the SuperBowl, and the same fuckers that keep screaming "DEATH TO AMERICA!!!!!!"

...U.S. China especially, has no interest. Why kill off your best customer? China owns much of the U.S. at this point. It doesn't need war. The mission has already been accomplished.
M(utually) A(ssured) D(estruction) - to destroy them, all we have to do is repudiate our China debt, and they collapse overnight. Mission accomplished.

That's the way to go. Destroy our credit rating because we don't know how to play well with others.
Merely articulating our trump (no pun intended) card, should we ever need to play it.

First of all....why would we want to take them on?
Haven't we learned our lesson on global military intervention

Secondly, we are the only military power in the world capable of executing wars around the globe
The US hasn't won a war since WWII. Capable of starting a war, yes. Capable of winning a war, no.

We are not stupid enough to fight a war of the magnitude of WWII
WWII left us as the worlds primary super power
Nothing has changed
Since WWII, US lost in Korea, Nam, Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan, and got their ass booted in Somalia, Lebanon, Yemen and Libya. Did I leave anyone out? :D

Many of these you claimed we lost. I think you had best redefine your terms, because you don't know what "lost" means.

Secondly, we are the only military power in the world capable of executing wars around the globe
The US hasn't won a war since WWII. Capable of starting a war, yes. Capable of winning a war, no.

Nothing has changed
Since WWII, US lost in Korea, Nam, Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan, and got their ass booted in Somalia, Lebanon, Yemen and Libya. Did I leave anyone out? :D

We didn't lose anything

We intervened militarily in global conflicts because we thought it was in our best interests. When we realized it wasn't worth the cost...we got the hell out

Most of those we shouldn't have gotten involved in the first place
So the US didn't lose in Nam? :lol:

No, we didn't "lose". We left!

Nothing has changed

We didn't lose anything

We intervened militarily in global conflicts because we thought it was in our best interests. When we realized it wasn't worth the cost...we got the hell out

Most of those we shouldn't have gotten involved in the first place
So the US didn't lose in Nam? :lol:

No, we didn't "lose". We left!
Ya, the US left Nam on their own free will to let the communists have Nam. :lmao:

Nothing has changed

Many of these you claimed we lost. I think you had best redefine your terms, because you don't know what "lost" means.
"Lost" means "didn't win". Now you know. Fool.

(not you)
Ummmmm

Bush lied

Saddam was not a threat

Saddam was not a threat to the US, therefore, they had no reason to destroy the country.

(not you)
Ummmmm
Not saying he was an angel, but neither is Putin, China's leader, North Korea, Iran, most of Africa... Is the US going to invade everyone?

Forum List

Back